choneofakind
November 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM
What's this whole helpful post thing? It's new :suspicious:

himynameisjoe
November 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Is this a jive at me because I had 2 newbie question threads in 1 day :o

Alex
November 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
It's a new feature requested by our winner of the member of the month contest. Only those of the most postwhorish character (1000+ posts) are able to rate posts. As more posts get rated, it will start to show links to the most helpful posts within threads. On everyone's own profile page, it says how many posts they have rated, as well as how their own posts have been rated by others.

choneofakind
November 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM
That makes more sense. I guess that's a good solution so that it doesn't turn into a popularity contest like other sites with the thanking function.

himynameisjoe, no you're fine :lol:

himynameisjoe
November 11th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Just making sure haha I do really like this forum though, number 1 it's actually active. The last forum I joined was pretty much dead... so it could be days without seeing new posts.

Plus everyone here (for the most part, you'll always have asshats lol) seems to be pretty good guys (and gals). Nice camaraderie, which I think is kind of essential in our hobby!

I do have a forum specific question though, and I'll just ask it here as Alex seems to be currently active here. Is there anyway I can turn off being notified of certain new posts? Like for instance I don't own a 250, nor do I plan to. So although I do read some of the posts... I don't necessarily need to have 30 posts in those sub-forums filling up my "New Posts" feed thingy... sorry I'm a bit rusty on a vbulletin forum.

csmith12
November 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cool feature, I like it!

NinjetteNewfie
November 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Neat. I got a "Good" rating on a post that was a cross between sarcasm and dry humor...IMO it wasn't really helpful to anyone:idunno: Too bad I don't know who rated it...