View Full Version : Who Crashed the ZX...Grr.

nickjpass
November 14th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I think my brother did...almost did a good job hiding it too...:mad:

choneofakind
n4mwd
Jiggles
alex.s

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5EtSYB-azlo/UKQGlhFKj_I/AAAAAAAAAjM/OJZr8wAfNQo/s1280/IMG_20121114_152057_287.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b_NHdwTayno/UKQGmDH2meI/AAAAAAAAAjY/HQfOqH6nfKQ/s1280/IMG_20121114_152101_618.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y9IVODl1qSc/UKQGlgiEF7I/AAAAAAAAAjI/BNfwmwAQGW4/s1280/IMG_20121114_152118_348.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-guUB3hB5efk/UKQGpd1quFI/AAAAAAAAAjo/o5EEEM4u5Fc/s1280/IMG_20121114_152142_998.jpg

oblivion007
November 14th, 2012, 02:05 PM
que?

cuz
November 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
que?

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/que-cat-gif.gif

alex.s
November 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM
thats a 2mph tip-over at best.

Trailerboy531
November 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
How was an almost good job done of hiding that?

How have YOU not crashed this yet?

Who let you get off your dirt bike and ride a super sport?

alex.s
November 14th, 2012, 02:33 PM
How was an almost good job done of hiding that?

How have YOU not crashed this yet?

Who let you get off your dirt bike and ride a super sport?

shut up mr. 2:13. slow ass. why don't you go faster already? you're like 12 seconds off pace over there.

i hate my stupid engine.

nickjpass
November 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I didn't know about it for two weeks lol I just happened to move the bike...and boom. Pictures don't show it, but it slid, far enough to wear down the rear set.

So my brother said that he found it tipped over in the garage. Which is bullshit. It had to have slide a little...even if it was at two miles per hour. He said he could 'bondo' the plastic...wtf!?

Trailerboy531
November 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
shut up mr. 2:13. slow ass. why don't you go faster already? you're like 12 seconds off pace over there.

i hate my stupid engine.

you and I are going to battle hard when you get a working motorcycle that...stays working.

Nick, your brother is a liar and should be killed.

csmith12
November 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
hmmmm.....

csmith12
November 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
More to this story.... there is.

k-os
November 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I didn't know about it for two weeks lol I just happened to move the bike...and boom. Pictures don't show it, but it slid, far enough to wear down the rear set.

So my brother said that he found it tipped over in the garage. Which is bullshit. It had to have slide a little...even if it was at two miles per hour. He said he could 'bondo' the plastic...wtf!?

The scratches on the fairing make it look like it didn't slide much, if at all.

nickjpass
November 14th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Both the rear set, mirror, and swing arm thingy are worn down in a manner that suggests it did? Even if it did for a little. It doesn't make sense that he just walked into the garage, and found it lying there. BS. I just rode it two weeks ago (I rode it in the rain for the first time...hehe). IT WAS FINE. He said it happened two months ago. SUCH BS!!!

nickjpass
November 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I don't really care whether it slid or not. Just pissed off a little...can't wait to see my dad's reaction LOL

alex.s
November 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
you and I are going to battle hard when you get a working motorcycle that...stays working.

Nick, your brother is a liar and should be killed.

I call top first.

n4mwd
November 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Nick, is there any way you can sell your brother to a band of gypsies passing through town? That should cover the cost of repairs. I mean he doesn't even have a motorcycle license does he? And YES, that motorcycle was moving when it went down. Combining a powerful bike like that with someone with no riding experience at all is a total guarantee of a crash. Good thing you live in a rural area or else your brother would probably be road pizza right now.

And NO, don't let him try to bondo the bike. He will screw it up even more. Bondo is polyester based and will seriously mess up ABS plastic which is what the fairings are made of.

I didn't see any cracked or broken fairings so just sanding and painting should be good enough. You can fill small dings and dents with JB WELD (4 min kind) which is epoxy based and will flex with the plastic.

Jiggles
November 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
That boy needs a good raping

Trailerboy531
November 14th, 2012, 03:49 PM
rawr

Jiggles
November 14th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I like that fancy single finger brake lever

choneofakind
November 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Yes Nick, it's definitely more than just a tip-over, maybe 5 mph.

And like I told you before, it's between your brother and your dad to settle it since it's your dad's bike and your brother who damaged it. You're just lucky it's only a couple scratches and Mr Doofus didn't decide to dump it at 45 mph and injure himself and the bike.

Kevin2109
November 14th, 2012, 04:36 PM
That boy needs a good raping

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25746966.jpg

choneofakind
November 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/11/5/129019370291475365.jpg

n4mwd
November 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Nick,
What did your dad say?

Obviously your brother isn't conveying accurate details about the incident when he said that he found it like that a month ago and you rode it with no damage a week ago. Also, if he did find it like that, why didn't he say something to you a month ago instead of keeping quiet about it?

nickjpass
November 14th, 2012, 09:35 PM
You guys aren't looking close enough at all. The right fairing is completely cracked in three separate locations if I remember correctly. One mounting point is broken, and there are several holes. Look closer at the first picture and you can see the cracks that make the fairing have three or four pieces, instead of one. My dad isn't home, and is on a plane, so I didn't bother calling him yet.

nickjpass
November 14th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Also, the mirror was still bent up as if it was just crashed...

250rr
November 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM
:pop2:

n4mwd
November 14th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Any luck getting your brother to tell you what really happened? Did he try to ride it or let one of his friends do it?

Anyhow, if you can't find any gypsies to sell him to, you might be able to pimp him out to a sexual predator for some repair cash. They have a list of them online somewhere. Maybe jiggles will pay.

They make an ABS filler/adhesive that some say works good on bike fairing repair. If you trust him enough to use it properly, maybe you can put him to work fixing it. Considering that you JUST got done fixing it the first time, he should have known how much work was involved in its repair.

nickjpass
November 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I don't know man...in person it's pretty torn up, and looks like it's past repair. I hope that bolt that hold it on the fairing didn't break...that'll mean a whole bunch of more work. A stock lever costs $23 on ebay + shipping. I figured if I sell him on the corner for at least 3 months it should cover the cost of all the repairs. Good stuff.

Oh, and I don't trust him at all. LOL

n4mwd
November 15th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I don't know man...in person it's pretty torn up, and looks like it's past repair. I hope that bolt that hold it on the fairing didn't break...that'll mean a whole bunch of more work. A stock lever costs $23 on ebay + shipping. I figured if I sell him on the corner for at least 3 months it should cover the cost of all the repairs. Good stuff.

Oh, and I don't trust him at all. LOL

I suppose it would be silly to ask if your brother had the cash to actually pay for the damages?

Also, its hard to tell from the photos. Maybe a youtube video would be clearer.

CZroe
November 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM
OK. I'll fess up. It was . We both came to check it out and say "hey" to ya but your brother said that you weren't home. I still wanted to see the bike so your brother showed it to us. I didn't want to touch it without you or your dad around but hopped right on when your brother offered us the chance.

After that happened I guess neither of us were too eager to admit that we were ever there, but I'm surprised you didn't notice until now. Not sure why your brother never mentioned that we stopped by. Perhaps is bribing or blackmailing him. ;)

choneofakind
November 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Again, it's between your dad and your brother. The bike is damaged, but it's November and it won't be getting ridden anyways. You have all winter to fix it.

If you fix it, it looks like you're covering it up. You have 2 options the way I see it: tattle on brother
ignore it

n4mwd
November 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Since Nick is the one who rides it all the time its also his responsibilty to see that nothing happens to it. So without the brother admitting blame his dad will be blaming Nick. So Im for the tattling option.

nickjpass
November 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Lmao...

n4mwd
November 16th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Nick ... Lesson learned ... Next time hide keys from brother.

nickjpass
November 16th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah...gonna put them in my boxer briefs from now on lmao

ChaoSS
November 17th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah...gonna put them in my boxer briefs from now on lmao

Yeah, but then you've got jiggles going for them all the time...

nickjpass
November 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
HAH! Jiggles

BallsOfSteele
December 11th, 2012, 12:49 AM
OK. I'll fess up. It was . We both came to check it out and say "hey" to ya but your brother said that you weren't home. I still wanted to see the bike so your brother showed it to us. I didn't want to touch it without you or your dad around but hopped right on when you're brother offered us the chance.
:D
After that happened I guess neither of us were too eager to admit that we were ever there, but I'm surprised you didn't notice until now. Not sure why you're brother never mentioned that we stopped by. Perhaps is bribing or blackmailing him. ;)

You know i have feelings too, but those famous last words kept playing in my head, hey watch me ride this b***h lol soz :D

n4mwd
December 11th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Hey Nick,

How about an update? Did your dad sell your brother to the circus? Did he get enough money to pay for the repairs?

nickjpass
December 11th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Nothing happened -.-

CZroe
December 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM
You know i have feelings too, but those famous last words kept playing in my head, hey watch me ride this b***h lol soz :D

I can't believe I messed up your/you're and got quoted doing it!

Edit: OK, I see it happened twice in the same post so there's no way that was me. I must've typed in on some too-smart-for-it-own-good auto-correcting tablet or cell phone or something.

bdavison
December 20th, 2012, 09:47 AM
OK. I'll fess up. It was bdavison. We both came to check it out and say "hey" to ya but your brother said that you weren't home. I still wanted to see the bike so your brother showed it to us. I didn't want to touch it without you or your dad around but bdavison hopped right on when your brother offered us the chance.

After that happened I guess neither of us were too eager to admit that we were ever there, but I'm surprised you didn't notice until now. Not sure why you're brother never mentioned that we stopped by. Perhaps bdavison is bribing or blackmailing him.

YUP, rode it like i stole it. Next time hide the keys if you don't want it broke.

nickjpass
December 22nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
He admitted to crashing it. Didn't really give details...he is a troubled boy.

douchebag cough cough. Excuse me...

akima
December 23rd, 2012, 03:08 AM

Thought I would point out the synchronicity of you making that post today at exactly 6:36 AM (GMT)... 636.

n4mwd
December 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM

He doesn't have a motorcycle endorsement or any riding experience does he? Crashing experience doesn't count. Do you let him ride the dirt bike?

nickjpass
December 23rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
He has an endorsement, and no experience. Akima its a 600. If that's what you meant by 636??

akima
December 23rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Akima its a 600. If that's what you meant by 636??

Oh :/

Jiggles
December 23rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Thought I would point out the synchronicity of you making that post today at exactly 6:36 AM (GMT)... 636.

Actually he made that post at 10:36 PM

No you are not the center of the world, I am

akima
December 23rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Actually he made that post at 10:36 PM

No you are not the center of the world, I am

oy! My post was correct everywhere! GMT is GMT no matter where you are, so it's a fact he made his post at 6:36am gmt... punk! :p

Jiggles
December 23rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
6:36am gmt

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/tumblr_mcbo6gmyvf1r0qoyso1_500_zps2d715ce0.gif

n4mwd
December 23rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
He has an endorsement, and no experience. Akima its a 600. If that's what you meant by 636??

Did you get the bike repaired yet?

akima
December 23rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Jiggles:

http://i.imgur.com/2XYUG.gif

:D

nickjpass
December 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Lmao..... I like your memes.

It wasn't repaired. My dad told me he's not going to so that we can crash it again haha. If we do I'm streetfightering it... No matter what he says lmao

n4mwd
December 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM
It wasn't repaired. My dad told me he's not going to so that we can crash it again haha. If we do I'm streetfightering it... No matter what he says lmao

A street fighter? I don't like that idea. If you want an ugly bike, couldn't you just trade it for a cruiser? I mean, do you really think a girl would want to ride on the back of a streetfighter?

Its injuries don't look all that bad. I think you can repair the plastic. A lot of the damage in the pictures is in the black areas which means that cheap black gloss paint is probably good enough. Just use blue masking tape to protect the green areas from overspray.

Have you ever worked with JB-Weld? I just repaired a cracked fender on my spare bike by using a dremmel to grind a V-groove in the back side of the plastic - down to, but not all the way through, then I just filled the V-Grove with JB-Weld (actually JB-KWIK which is the 4 minute kind). You can also use it to fill large voids, but its a little more involved and may require some sanding.

Anyhow, its worth asking your dad if he will let you do it. Hopefully your brother has learned his lesson and wont be messing with that bike again.

nickjpass
December 25th, 2012, 10:49 AM
There are some cool looking naked bikes... You can leave the front and tail fairing, take off the sides, clean up the wires and such and it actually looks pretty cool. Please, girls don't like me Hahahahahahaha I'm always there friend -_-

n4mwd
December 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
There are some cool looking naked bikes... You can leave the front and tail fairing, take off the sides, clean up the wires and such and it actually looks pretty cool. Please, girls don't like me Hahahahahahaha I'm always there friend -_-

The real reason people make naked bikes is because they can't afford to fix them after a wreck. For a $1500 Ninja 250, that sort of makes sense, but for a ZX6R with scant damage, it makes NO sense.

You should check with your dad to see if he got comprehensive or collision insurance on it. They will pay for the damages. The insurance money less the deductible is usually good enough to buy replacement parts on ebay.

Ebay sometimes has some good deals. (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=zx-6r+fairings&_sacat=0&_from=R40) Maybe check them out.

n4mwd
December 25th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Please, girls don't like me Hahahahahahaha I'm always there friend -_-

Ooooh, sorry to hear about that. That's horrible. The "friend" types are the ones that always seem to get married, have kids, forced to ditch all motorcycles and get a minivan, then pay child support. I suggest you start planning for college and a big job because you are going to need it so you can pay all that child support.

Jiggles
December 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Ooooh, sorry to hear about that. That's horrible. The "friend" types are the ones that always seem to get married, have kids, forced to ditch all motorcycles and get a minivan, then pay child support. I suggest you start planning for college and a big job because you are going to need it so you can pay all that child support.

The friend types are the 40 yr old virgins

n4mwd
December 26th, 2012, 05:20 AM
The friend types are the 40 yr old virgins

Nope. I think its too late for Nick to be one of those anyway. The friend types are the ones the girls always come back to when the alpha types break their hearts. They are also the types that will give girls a ride to school on the back of their motorcycle. Then before you know it, the friend type is riding her more than the motorcycle.

Like I said. He needs college to get big job so he can pay child support. If he makes enough money he will have some left over for himself.

nickjpass
December 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
0.-

Jiggles
December 26th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I forgot n4 got to you first, sorry nick

n4mwd
December 26th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I forgot n4 got to you first, sorry nick

You're just mad because Nick is too old to join your NAMBLA club.

nickjpass
December 26th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Hahaha that is a good one

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/47/4a/nambla.jpg

n4mwd
January 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
So Nick, are you still riding the ZX? Any word on when you might be getting a Ninjette?

nickjpass
January 16th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Well it is snowing as we speak, so no, I'm not lol but I have hears that my dad will probably be giving me his ZX. If this proves to be true, I see a track day in my future. Maybe I'd be able to actually top out second gear without seeing flashing lights behind me.

n4mwd
January 16th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Well it is snowing as we speak, so no, I'm not lol but I have hears that my dad will probably be giving me his ZX. If this proves to be true, I see a track day in my future. Maybe I'd be able to actually top out second gear without seeing flashing lights behind me.

Cool. Yes, a track day would be good to help develop your riding skill in a relatively safe environment. At least you don't have to worry about cops or people pulling out in front of you.

Last I heard, most tracks require you to have full leathers (not textile) and motorcycle boots and junk. You might want to check with your local track and find out what their requirements are.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to think about doing something to protect your plastic. Maybe even go naked on the track. Then put the plastic back on when you leave. You saw what your brother did to the bike with just a low speed drop.

choneofakind
January 16th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Oh bah. Don't go naked at the track unless you're really paranoid about it; no need.

Just stick within your comfort zone and relax when you feel that "oh sh!t" kick in. The bike does all the hard work for you. You won't go down if you're sticking within 80-90% of your limit and learning without being reckless.

I didn't wreck, I stuck within my limits, I played with some trail braking, got to know what riding on the track feels like, and had hella fun!! Go do the same. Don't worry about the plastics.

...but do acknowledge that there is a distinct possibility that you'll have wrecked plastics when you get back. :p

akima
January 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Oh bah. Don't go naked at the track unless you're really paranoid about it; no need.

Just stick within your comfort zone and relax when you feel that "oh sh!t" kick in. The bike does all the hard work for you. You won't go down if you're sticking within 80-90% of your limit and learning without being reckless.

I didn't wreck, I stuck within my limits, I played with some trail braking, got to know what riding on the track feels like, and had hella fun!! Go do the same. Don't worry about the plastics.

...but do acknowledge that there is a distinct possibility that you'll have wrecked plastics when you get back. :p

lol. I'm not quite sure what to take away from this post :p Glad you didn't crash on your track day though. How many have you had now?

choneofakind
January 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Just once so far. So worth it!! I wanted to more last summer, but it just wasn't in the cards. Planning for 2 this summer. :D

What I meant by that post was that of course there's a chance of wrecking at the track, but if you stay within a level that doesn't cause you to panic, you'll still learn, you'll still have a great time, and you'll most likely not wreck. Basically, I was saying that I wouldn't get all hyper and take the plastics off.

Besides, I'd rather scratch the heck out of my plastics than my frame and engine. At least then I could go all street fighter

n4mwd
January 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Besides, I'd rather scratch the heck out of my plastics than my frame and engine. At least then I could go all street fighter

Arghh! I can't stand streetfighters.

Anyway, if I went to the track, I would probably go way beyond my skill level and maybe get into trouble. I'm bad that way. I whipped around a corner today at 75mph. Speed limit was 45. I shouldn't have done that, but I couldn't help myself. It was fun though.

choneofakind
January 17th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I hate streetfighters as well. They scream, "I crashed!" but hey, at that point, I would have :p

nickjpass
January 20th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I'd leave the plastic on. After all they are broken already...