View Full Version : dealers

stroked59
January 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
took bike in two weeks ago and am still waiting for a fuel sensor to come in. they had everything else done when it came to the maintenance the next day but they cant find a fuel sensor, odd to me and just frustrating because i have parts i want to install.

mods to come

Nojima gp exhaust system
gaiffer front and rear brake lines
dyno jet kit
kyle racing throttel tube
vortex clipp-ons

Most important= find the damn camera charger:mad:

Alex
January 15th, 2009, 06:00 PM
*moved to general*

BlueTyke
January 15th, 2009, 06:34 PM
two weeks... sheesh I waited 4 weeks for a diagnosis on my Tyke when she went in. Then another three to get everything patched up.

GreezMunky
January 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I had to take in my bike 3 different times to get the fuel sensor replaced.. But this 3rd one seems to do the trick and it hasn't given me any problems yet. Sorry for taking all the sensors lol

travis5018
January 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM
So you mean if our fuel sensor is ridiculously off we can take it in to get replaced?

GreezMunky
January 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Mine just wasn't off, it sat on E all the time. It'd work for about 50 miles or so and then just crap itself and sit on E. Dealer said it was the bad gas mixture our gas stations out here are pumping and it was causing corrosion to form on the sensor and destroying it.

stroked59
January 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM
i hope that they dont use that excuse for the sensor going bad cause i put 91 octane at 76 station. i think the bike manual says use 87 or something of that sort

i also sat on e and it sucks having to check it, oh well i hope it is not an issue all the time with the sensor