View Full Version : Shoei Qwest

ChrisCusi
November 23rd, 2012, 09:30 PM
In anticipation of getting a bike I bought my first helmet today! I'm really happy with it. I had been looking at the Scorpion EXO-1100 for the longest time but it just didn't fit right. The Qwest fits great and the comfort difference is night and day as well. :)

ryan.chin
November 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
A touring helmet?

ChrisCusi
November 23rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
It really isn't though.... They really shouldn't have labeled it as such. Just like the RF-1100 but does better with the natural riding position of a ninjette instead of a tuck.

Aggrotech
November 24th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Was my starting helmet too. Bought it at Cyclegear when i got my gloves and chest/back protector. Did not have any gripes with it, fit my head perfectly unlike the other brands. Now i have an icon Airmada (4 horseman) and shoei rf1100. Love all 3 of em

ChrisCusi
November 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Good to know. Thanks. :)

Byakkotai
November 25th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Pics! :D

fleemos
December 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I have the Qwest as well. I have been on all day ride and it's really comfortable while not being noisy. Excellent choice!

Gorilla25
December 11th, 2012, 12:31 AM
I got the same helmet. I replaced the stock lens with the pinlock one because it fogged too frequently. with all the vents open and during a 80 degree day

Firehorse
December 11th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Pics??!

Ryephile
December 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
My riding buddy got a Qwest on closeout from a local shop, and was immediately impressed with its aero stability and low noise. I love my old RF-1000, but after seeing NewEnough (http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/all_types/shoei/) have a killer closeout on a couple Qwest styles, I bit the bullet and ordered one. webbikeword (http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/shoei/qwest/) loved it, and it's one of the few helmets out there that's DOT, Snell M2010, and SHARP 5-stars (http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/shoei-qwest).

I know it'll be a while until spring hits, but I'll try to remember to post my feedback when I get some time under it.

bfpower
December 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I have a Qwest; love the venting and yes, it's designed for a somewhat upright position compared to more racing-oriented helmets. I don't have much to compare it to as the only local place to buy helmets only stocks snow/dirt helmets.

ChrisCusi
December 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM
After riding in this helmet for awhile... I LOVE it! Great purchase.

jaybo
December 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I bought a quest because of the good reviews and low noise and it was the most comfy helmet Ive ever worn but over 40mph it would whistle. If I turned my head to the left about 10 degrees it would quit and was pretty quiet but I cant pay that much for a helmet and have to compromise. I checked reviews and a few others had the whistle but most did not. Congrats on not having it because I loved the fit and feel and quality of it but sadly had to return it.

Ryephile
December 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I finally got my Qwest! It's super comfy and looks great. Snowpacalypse has been going down here so there's no chance of giving it try on the bike for a while, but here's a pic next to my old Shoei RF-1000. Curiously, even though both are "small", the Qwest is about 1/2" bigger diameter than the S2005 RF-1000.

AngryBirdz
December 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I finally got my Qwest! It's super comfy and looks great. Snowpacalypse has been going down here so there's no chance of giving it try on the bike for a while, but here's a pic next to my old Shoei RF-1000. Curiously, even though both are "small", the Qwest is about 1/2" bigger diameter than the S2005 RF-1000.

Both are great helmets. Love the designs too.

SMman
December 30th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Congrats on the new helmet. I have been using Shoei lids since 2000 and love them. I've tried others along the way but always prefer wearing Shoei. They have great customer service and stand behind their product. I currently own an X-11 and have been looking to add a Hornet DS and X-12 to the shelf. I will read the webBikeWorld review of the Qwest and throw it into the mix as well.

SMman
December 30th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Glowing review on webBikeWorld but many owner's commented below the review with complaints; number 1 being how loud the helmet is. I always wear earplugs when riding and recommend it to everyone. The review mentions the helmet is a different shape which concerns me because the X-11 fits me perfectly.

dark_beaverezt
January 1st, 2013, 03:40 AM
i got this several weeks ago as a CHristmas present for myself,,i would say, i made the right choice,,,the noise,,well, very minimal compared to my other lid,,,the QWEST is totally an underrated helmet,,,I got to fit an X11 months back,,Indeed, I prefer the QWEST over the X11...

dark_beaverezt
January 1st, 2013, 03:47 AM
ME and my QWEST,,,blending together!!

dark_beaverezt
January 1st, 2013, 03:55 AM
sorry,...re-post!

CThunder-blue
January 4th, 2013, 12:12 AM
The Qwest is my winter helmet. It's great with a pinlock visor. It does not flow a lot of air compared to my RF-1100. Good for winter, bad for summer.

Mocha Man
January 14th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Love the lid