View Full Version : Ninja 300 Freeway Riding

robertkh100
December 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before but I want to sell my r6 and get the new ninja 300. I take the freeway for about 60 miles every other day and soon it will be everyday. Will the ninja 300 be fast enough for the freeway stock?

Jiggles
December 1st, 2012, 01:27 PM
He's back!

And sensible?

WTF is going on here brah?

choneofakind
December 1st, 2012, 01:27 PM
Robert: Yes.

Jiggs: Prolly got scared of the R6

robertkh100
December 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
He's back!

And sensible?

WTF is going on here brah?
missed you too. nothings going on, the new 300s just look pretty awesome
Robert: Yes.

Jiggs: Prolly got scared of the R6

no. and thanks

choneofakind
December 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM
no.

no? I was answering your question. Yes it will be fast enough for the freeway.

Check out this thread for reference: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119509

If you change to a 15T front sprocket (~$15) the speedo will be accurate, and it will be just fine. It's already better than the 250 for freeway riding without any modifications.

Jiggles
December 1st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Still slower than my 250 though

Jiggles
Robert, are you a coke mule? I mean it makes sense, under 18 and money out the asshole

robertkh100
no? I was answering your question. Yes it will be fast enough for the freeway.

Check out this thread for reference: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119509

If you change to a 15T front sprocket (~$15) the speedo will be accurate, and it will be just fine. It's already better than the 250 for freeway riding without any modifications.

I meant no I did not get scared of the r6. Do you know if the insurance will be more expensive than the 250? A little difference is not a big deal. And what will be different as far as performance goes if I change to the 15T sprocket?

robertkh100
December 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM
Robert, are you a coke mule? I mean it makes sense, under 18 and money out the asshole

Lol one of the reasons im getting the 300 is because of money so no.

choneofakind
December 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
I would assume the insurance will be a little higher, but idk because I don't own a 300.

From my experience changing gearing on my 250, the 15T will be a nice compromise. That's also what was stated in that thread. So it's likely going to feel just fine, but don't expect it to be a rocket like your R6

robertkh100
December 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
I would assume the insurance will be a little higher, but idk because I don't own a 300.

From my experience changing gearing on my 250, the 15T will be a nice compromise. That's also what was stated in that thread. So it's likely going to feel just fine, but don't expect it to be a rocket like your R6

Ok, thanks for all the info man. I'll be getting the 300 unless the insurance is more expensive by a lot.

beazy411
December 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
I just got my 300 and have it insured with Progressive for $366 a year down in New Orleans. This is with 0 years riding experience, clean record for the last 3 years, and over 25. Hope it helps.

Yasko
December 1st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Still slower than my 250 though

And mine.;)

robertkh100
December 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM
I just got my 300 and have it insured with Progressive for $366 a year down in New Orleans. This is with 0 years riding experience, clean record for the last 3 years, and over 25. Hope it helps.

thanks and good job keeping a clean record:thumbup:

JELY1990
December 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Why are you selling the R6?

Coolbpf
December 1st, 2012, 08:54 PM
Not only is my 250 faster than Jiggles', it doesn't run into cars either!

Tigerpaw
December 2nd, 2012, 06:50 AM
Plenty of power for freeways. It does not have uber illegal speed power of a super sport.

People that ask these questions need to realize you can push the engine at the top of the RPMs ALL DAY LONG.

slowninja
December 3rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
Your question was pretty well answered up top.

This is just out of my curiosity. How are you afford these bikes? You brought a brand new 2012 Ninja 250R, totaled it in a month and bought an R6 for about 4-5 months. You now want to buy a brand new Ninja 300R and you're still a teenager. What do your parents say about this. Do they give you whatever you want?

PS: Did you get "bored" with the R6 as well?

EsrTek
December 3rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
R6's fit me pretty nicely, of the 4 major SS's..

I'll trade ya my 2011 and some cash, which you can go 5mins from my house and buy a 300 with!!!

ionized
December 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
I still am amazed that some people think these bikes are not fast enough for the freeway. Maybe it depends on the freeway? I commute daily on an 04 250 and could regularly maintain 80-90 with a taller gear ratio. The 300 will easily do so, and I'll be doing so once I get further into break-in and put on a 15T front.

Aggrotech
December 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
did the op really ask if the 300 will work on the freeway?

the 250 works perfectly fine..i can easily pass anything and everything with stock everything...surely the 300 will be even better, ya think?

himynameisjoe
December 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I'd love to see a picture of this kid on any of these bikes ;) haha I love trolls.

Minikin_Jo
December 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
*subscribed*

ricomtzjr
December 5th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I meant no I did not get scared of the r6. Do you know if the insurance will be more expensive than the 250? A little difference is not a big deal. And what will be different as far as performance goes if I change to the 15T sprocket?

Ok, thanks for all the info man. I'll be getting the 300 unless the insurance is more expensive by a lot.

Now I am completely pissed. I just bought a '12 250 because of the insurance prices. I had my eye on a white ninja 300, but the deal breaker was the insurance. I am 30 yrs old, clean record over the last 3+ years, 0 years riding experience.

The cheapest I was able to get was through Progressive (via USAA) for about $650/yr. Now, I know that isn't extremely expensive, but was not in my budget for now because I am paying for insurance all at once. The '12 250, I got for $5400 out the door with an 1 year of extended warranty, and insurance was $350/year full coverage.

The funny thing was that I got a quote for a '13 250 and it was the same as a '12. So I don't see why the 300 was so much for me. This is in El Paso, TX.

Jiggles
December 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
You completely changed the decision of your bike over $300/yr?

BlackNinja8
December 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I agree $300/yr doesn't sound like enough to tip the scale to me. You would make up that amount in resale I bet.

BlackNinja8
December 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
did the op really ask if the 300 will work on the freeway?

the 250 works perfectly fine..i can easily pass anything and everything with stock everything...surely the 300 will be even better, ya think?

The 300 will not work on the freeway. With my 250 I was in real danger at 80mph if someone tried to jump in my lane. I could only quickly accelerate to 90. Now that I got the SV I can quickly go from 80 to 100 in the same amount of time and I am sooooo much safer cruising around a hazard at 100mph. I still can't believe Kawi sold so many of these unsafe bikes over the years.

ricomtzjr
December 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
You completely changed the decision of your bike over $300/yr?

LOL, well, not just the $300/yr for insurance. The total cost of the bike plus insurance would have cost me another $1500 in total costs. That wasn't in my buget at that time. I suppose I could have waited, but my aging Ninja500 was making me more impatient.

I have no regrets with buying the 250, fuel injection aside...lol. I'd like a 300, but I don't know if I'd like to get one for my next one, or just move up to a liter bike. For what I am looking for in the 300, I could easily get out of a liter bike (fuel injection/sportier look and feel) and then some.

choneofakind
December 5th, 2012, 12:10 PM
BlackNinja8 lolwut? You trollin?

Minikin_Jo
December 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Whut...is he serious? How does one say "safe" and "travel 100 mph" in the same sentence? (I'm still recovering from my concussion so I can't tell if I'm reading that as serious or a joke.)

I am no insurance expert but, is it possible that the higher rate is because this bike is new and insurance companies don't have an idea/experience/research on riders/accidents/parts?

I just can't fathom why insurance on a 300 would significantly cost more than a 250 otherwise. *shrugs*

Jiggles
December 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Whut...is he serious? How does one say "safe" and "travel 100 mph" in the same sentence? (I'm still recovering from my concussion so I can't tell if I'm reading that as serious or a joke.)

I am no insurance expert but, is it possible that the higher rate is because this bike is new and insurance companies don't have an idea/experience/research on riders/accidents/parts?

I just can't fathom why insurance on a 300 would significantly cost more than a 250 otherwise. *shrugs*

Cuz it's newer

subxero
December 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Cuz it's newer

Kinda funny and sort of related. I recently traded my 2010 Civic Si (sporty 4dr) for a 04 F150 crew cab. Called progressive to switch things up and they told me my insurance would go up with the older used, beat to hell truck that was completely paid for.

I said wait? WTF? They said oh, well newer cars have better safety features, I said its an O4 truck, thanks but no thanks i'm calling geico. I did and they instantly were hundreds lower than progressive on my truck with better coverage, but were always higher than progressive for my Si?

its a strange world

Tigerpaw
December 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Now I am completely pissed. I just bought a '12 250 because of the insurance prices. I had my eye on a white ninja 300, but the deal breaker was the insurance. I am 30 yrs old, clean record over the last 3+ years, 0 years riding experience.

The cheapest I was able to get was through Progressive (via USAA) for about $650/yr. Now, I know that isn't extremely expensive, but was not in my budget for now because I am paying for insurance all at once. The '12 250, I got for $5400 out the door with an 1 year of extended warranty, and insurance was $350/year full coverage.

The funny thing was that I got a quote for a '13 250 and it was the same as a '12. So I don't see why the 300 was so much for me. This is in El Paso, TX.

I know insurance varies wildly for different situations, but damn... I am now paying $84/yr for a new 300 with full coverage at Progressive(via USAA). I am married, 33 y/o, with a no fault bike wreck and 2 speeding tickets. $500 deductible and multibike discount with 4 years experience.

Jiggles
December 5th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I know insurance varies wildly for different situations, but damn... I am now paying $84/yr for a new 300 with full coverage at Progressive(via USAA). I am married, 33 y/o, with a no fault bike wreck and 2 speeding tickets. $500 deductible and multibike discount with 4 years experience.

Comparing what people pay for insurance on their bikes isn't really comparable and there are too many variables

Sort of like dynoing your bike and trying to compare your dyno to someone elses

BlackNinja8
December 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM
BlackNinja8 lolwut? You trollin?

Poor attempt at sarcasm I guess...

choneofakind
December 5th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Okay, just checking :o sarcasm is kind of hard to get across at times, especially when I'm nodding off after a run.

robertkh100
December 9th, 2012, 10:44 PM
LOL, well, not just the $300/yr for insurance. The total cost of the bike plus insurance would have cost me another $1500 in total costs. That wasn't in my buget at that time. I suppose I could have waited, but my aging Ninja500 was making me more impatient.

I have no regrets with buying the 250, fuel injection aside...lol. I'd like a 300, but I don't know if I'd like to get one for my next one, or just move up to a liter bike. For what I am looking for in the 300, I could easily get out of a liter bike (fuel injection/sportier look and feel) and then some.
The 250 is good, but it did need a couple minor updates which the 300 has.
I still am amazed that some people think these bikes are not fast enough for the freeway. Maybe it depends on the freeway? I commute daily on an 04 250 and could regularly maintain 80-90 with a taller gear ratio. The 300 will easily do so, and I'll be doing so once I get further into break-in and put on a 15T front.
I just wanted to be extra sure, and after riding it on the freeway for nearly an hour I am.

It is higher but not a lot. Maybe it's the extra 15 hp? I'm not sure either.

Jiggles
December 9th, 2012, 10:47 PM
It is higher but not a lot. Maybe it's the extra 15 hp? I'm not sure either.

I love you. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/most%20used%20pics/love_zps3ce426ac.gif

choneofakind
December 9th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Wait, so did you get the 300 already Robert? If so, congrats again on the new ride.

robertkh100
December 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I love you. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/most%20used%20pics/love_zps3ce426ac.gif

take a break

robertkh100
December 9th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Wait, so did you get the 300 already Robert? If so, congrats again on the new ride.

Yes I did, thanks. how have you been?

JELY1990
December 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Robert why did you decide to sell your R6 and get a 300?

himynameisjoe
December 10th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Judging by his posts on the R6 forum, it seemed to have a lot of problems? I mean it was apparently leaking a mysterious liquid just from parking it...

JELY1990
December 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Oh okay that would make sense that he would want to get rid of it then. Man he's had 3 bikes in a pretty short time. I'm jealous.

Jiggles
December 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Oh okay that would make sense that he would want to get rid of it then. Man he's had 3 bikes in a pretty short time. I'm jealous.

AND he's still in high school

himynameisjoe
December 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Andddd he makes money selling fake gaming profile things...

lolol http://www.sythe.org/runescape-gold-sales/1341650-selling-117m.html

Jiggles
December 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Aw robert, are you a Chinese gold farmer?

I am disappoint

JELY1990
December 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM

The concept of buying and selling virtual items is something I will never understand... good for him if people actual bought his stuff though haha.

AND he's still in high school
Aw robert, are you a Chinese gold farmer?

I am disappoint

Lol the Chinese gold farming business must be a good one. Otherwise he is very fortunate to have such generous parents.

Jiggles
December 10th, 2012, 02:16 PM
The concept of buying and selling virtual items is something I will never understand... good for him if people actual bought his stuff though haha.

Lol the Chinese gold farming business must be a good one. Otherwise he is very fortunate to have such generous parents.

Oh yes, chinese gold farmers get rich off this ****. In diablo 3 they basically buy tons of accounts and then run bot programs 24/7 collecting gold, they then sell that gold for real money on 3rd party sites. The goal for them is to make enough profit over the $60 cost of the game before getting banned and many are extremely effective at it

JELY1990
December 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Oh yes, chinese gold farmers get rich off this ****. In diablo 3 they basically buy tons of accounts and then run bot programs 24/7 collecting gold, they then sell that gold for real money on 3rd party sites. The goal for them is to make enough profit over the $60 cost of the game before getting banned and many are extremely effective at it

Holy f I was not aware. I've never been a computer gamer, only played console games like Halo before so the only virtual sale I'd ever heard of that made lots of money was the $26,500 virtual island.
Make sense though that if they buy and bot a lot of accounts at once they could make decent money.

Island: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4104731.stm

Jiggles
December 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
For sure, I'd estimate that each bot account is able to collect on average (in terms of gold and items) between 20-100mil per day. The current rate of gold in D3 is about $0.40/mil and if each computer multi boxes 4 accounts at a time. So if each account can bring in $40/day and each computer brings in $160/day (I'm not sure what the limit of multi boxing on one computer is) and lets say you have 30 computers well you're total possible daily profit is $4,800 if you have 120 accounts and a very good botting program, or $960 on the low end.

They do get accounts banned though and have to buy new accounts but in the end they profit while doing virtually nothing besides running a gold selling site and paying the electricity to run their profit machines

JELY1990
December 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
So you're telling me some of these guys potentially make about $1.7 million a year in revenue. That's insane. -_____-

choneofakind
December 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
...clearly I'm doing this whole working thing wrong. :confused:

adouglas
December 13th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Geez, and I thought what I do for a living didn't contribute anything meaningful to society or humanity at large....

Wow. An actual working economy based entirely on fiction and irrational behavior.

Oh, wait... I just described the fashion, personal care, alcohol, tobacco and fast food industries.

Never mind.

GreenNinja
December 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM
After trying to figure it out for many years I have come to this conclusion: people spend money on many things that are not virtual but it is pretty much similar. Consumables last for a brief period but of course it replenishes your energy. For some people, trying to 'farm' for those millions vs paying $5(or whatever the rate is) is worth it. If say, it takes 20 hours to make 20 million, but it takes them 5 minutes to make $5 that can buy the 20 million then they rather do that. This is what I have gathered from asking people I have played with as to why they spend money for something virtual. In the end, it is worth what you are willing to pay for it. If there was not a demand, then there wouldn't be sellers - basics of capitalism.

Bassman
December 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM
:whathesaid: Too funny.

robertkh100
December 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM

just making money off of my childhood years.. goodjob looking me up though you must feel special:thumbup:

Jiggles
December 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM
So when you gna get a turbo busa? Like february?

lolibater
December 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
He scraped the Turbo Busa plans for a pimped out Diavel.

skilletmo
December 14th, 2012, 12:03 AM
CHILL OUT GUYS, Lol. Jealousy is all over the air. As a fellow High school student (senior), Dont listen to these guys hahaha, your smart for selling things like that. I think any one would jump on the chance if they had the time or knew how to do it too. And Joe, dude you actually went as far to go and search him? No offence man, but nvm.... I dont want to be a dick.

lolibater
December 14th, 2012, 12:06 AM
http://www.cgdata.com/team/74543/logo/LOL-UMAD-BRO1gqf.jpg

robertkh100
December 14th, 2012, 12:10 AM
So when you gna get a turbo busa? Like february?
I'll be lucky If I can get it that early
CHILL OUT GUYS, Lol. Jealousy is all over the air. As a fellow High school student (senior), Dont listen to these guys hahaha, your smart for selling things like that. I think any one would jump on the chance if they had the time or knew how to do it too. And Joe, dude you actually went as far to go and search him? No offence man, but nvm.... I dont want to be a dick.

Thanks man they just miss their high school years lol.. can't blame them though right?

skilletmo
December 14th, 2012, 12:13 AM
http://www.cgdata.com/team/74543/logo/LOL-UMAD-BRO1gqf.jpg

IM SO MAD BRO ROAR

THIS IS HOW I LOOK RIGHT NOW :madtyping:

skilletmo
December 14th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I'll be lucky If I can get it that early

Thanks man they just miss their high school years lol.. can't blame them though right?

HAHAHA dont worry your in highschool and more mature then half these guys. Picking on high schooler, sad. LOL

JELY1990
December 14th, 2012, 12:53 AM
HAHAHA dont worry your in highschool and more mature then half these guys. Picking on high schooler, sad. LOL

Do you even know why they're making fun of him? It has very little to do with him being in high school... Yes, they could act differently and be all mature about it and ish. But that's no fun now is it?

Also, ya I would say there's a bit of jealousy going on as well. I mean I stated it outright in an earlier post that I am indeed jealous. Who wouldn't want to have their parents buy them whatever expensive, dangerous stuff they wanted when they were in high school?

choneofakind
December 14th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Not jealous. I just have a habit of idk, actually working for my money :lol:

But hey, you know the saying; a fool and his money are soon parted. If you can make $$ off of idiots who actually spend money on imaginary things, go for it. More riding time for you I guess.

Jiggles
December 14th, 2012, 02:11 AM

no wut matur ppl du? by a bike totl it to weekz l8 n den by a biger one

skilletmo
December 14th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Lol I know his history, totaled a 250 got an r6 and is now getting a 300. And if hes 16 then he still has alit to learn, as I do. So if he bought an r6 after, he could be imature. But hes 16. Yall are well over your 20s. Not bashing on yall and I know most of you are kidding. but after a point im sure hes getting anoyed and probably wont want help on this forum. Jiggles I know your sarcasim and jokes, I love it and you are just being yourself . Same thing chriss , all you have doneso far is help him. That wasnt intended to you.

lolibater
December 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Bro. It's the ****ing internet.

skilletmo
December 14th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Haha excactly my point bro.

ChrisCusi
December 14th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Bro. ;)

250rr
December 16th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Brah. :thumbup:

phrenetiK
December 17th, 2012, 09:16 AM
i made over 4000 dollars in high school while playing WoW. I would level accounts up to max, gear them up in my guild(us rank <20 for 3 years straight) and sell them. Cheapest account was 500 dollars most expensive one was 1400. Haters gonna hate.

lolibater
December 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
haters gonna hate. breh.

ftfy.

skilletmo
December 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM
ftfy brah.

Fixed that for you bro:thumbup:

robertkh100
December 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM
i made over 4000 dollars in high school while playing WoW. I would level accounts up to max, gear them up in my guild(us rank <20 for 3 years straight) and sell them. Cheapest account was 500 dollars most expensive one was 1400. Haters gonna hate.

lol thats crazy but I was just selling mine because i stopped playing

Jiggles
December 17th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Tell me what playing WoW is like and I'll tell you what a vagina feels like.

phrenetiK
December 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM

whats a vagina

Bassman
December 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM

Yikes, I really don't want to know what your vagina feels like. :rofl:

lolibater
December 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Brogasm.

WOTurtle
December 25th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Bromosexual