View Full Version : 200 mile review

Tigerpaw
December 2nd, 2012, 05:29 AM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22091&d=1354384099

I put 200 miles on my black 300 after purchase yesterday. Posted purchase info and initial pic here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609079#post609079

I agree with what Alex has posted about the 300 and the 300vsNewGen250 here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115561

My background is: 20K miles experience, ridden pregen/newgen/07 CBR600RR/10 Fury/09 Boulevard C50, 220 lbs, ride aggresively on the back roads.

Not to be called lazy:

+ This bike is a lot of fun!
- The front brake seems less capable out of the box compared to my '08 250r
+ The rear brake doesn't require as delicate of a touch to prevent tire lockup
+ MPG was 52.5 with me wringing the hell out of it!
+ The seat is good.
+ Rides smooth as glass on the highway at 85 indicated
+ I LOVE having a clock!
- A fraction less nimble than the 250r
- Felt tougher to achieve a full tuck(out of the wind) than the 250r. I am 5'10"
+ Mirrors seem slightly more useful than 250r
- I liked the ultra low 1st gear of the 250r. I liked jumping off the line and have no heartache about using the full tach
+ Super sexy
+ I didn't notice the fuel tank wobble some had described
+ Tires are good. Will work for 99.9% of street riders.
+ Good power and throttle response. It is still a Ninjette power wise
+ I like the engine exhaust sound. A little whistle on the intake and more exhaust bass than 250r
/ Didn't really notice the slipper function...but that is the point if ridden properly

Any of the - are merely nitpicking. This bike is awesome. This will be a HOT ITEM for the forseeable future.

Motofool
December 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks, Tom ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

himynameisjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
This excites me... and you got a black one... :D Idk though... I really do like the white... errr so hard.

Tigerpaw
December 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
I truly like the white ones A LOT. Unfortunately, experiece has taught me how quickly white gets nasty during a ride. It does help that the bottom of the fairing is black though.

himynameisjoe
December 2nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Not that I like being one of "those" people, but I think I'd like the white even more if it weren't pretty much the only color released for the first several months. Not that I'd plan on selling it, but I think you'll probably see way more white on the resale market eventually than Black or that nasty green.

Idk, if I end up going with the 300 over the 250 it'll be a hard choice...

tnr4
December 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Although white does show the grime, black shows the paint imperfections. If you've never had a black vehicle, and you're any kind of perfectionist, be prepared to hate having a black motorcycle! Every swirl mark, abrasion, nick, scratch, etc pops out at you.

But if you get a bike to ride and not to look at, get whichever one makes you horny! ;)

ally99
January 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I want one!!! Soon!

ally99
January 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Tom, thanks for taking the time to review the 300. This was the kind of post I was looking for! I'm hoping to get one this spring. :)

Tigerpaw
January 15th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Go for it! If your not losing money on the switch, it is a worthy upgrade.

Just remember the rules of "supply and demand" this riding season. These 300s won't stay on showroom floors. Dealers will take advantage.

LoneRonin
January 19th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Not that I like being one of "those" people, but I think I'd like the white even more if it weren't pretty much the only color released for the first several months. Not that I'd plan on selling it, but I think you'll probably see way more white on the resale market eventually than Black or that nasty green.

Idk, if I end up going with the 300 over the 250 it'll be a hard choice...

good thing we got red in Canada...it looks awesome. I would never consider upgrading to 300 though, after 30k miles on the 250 I need a REAL upgrade...an extra handful of horses just ain't gonna do it for me.

Tigerpaw
January 19th, 2013, 01:21 PM
500 miles on the odometer:

I still love it, and think it is an improvement over my '08 250r. I stand by all my original comments.

I do hear an exhaust/deceleration pop with 3/2 downshifts. It does not concern me though.

Everyone wants this bike!!!