View Full Version : Stainless brake lines and MP Throttle?

JBinSD
December 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Anyone have a good vendor for a SS brakeline? Is it the same length as the 250?

Also, just called Motion Pro, they can neither confirm nor deny whether their product will work for the 300:rolleyes:

alex.s
December 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM
i use cheap generic lines... i think they were for a car or something... as long as its the same standard banjo bolt it should be fine. you can build your own for like $15 i'm told. i'm also told the controls on the 250 and 300 are the same. maybe check out the part numbers or the parts bin site?

here's a cool page on making your own cables http://www.oldbritts.com/brake_line.html

rojoracing53
December 7th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I had them develop a throttle kit for my 250 about 6 months ago but were not sure if the 300 would be the same. I think Alex should give motion pro a call and donate his bike for a day so they can confirm the 250 part works or make a new system. He may even get to keep it for free like I did.

JBinSD
December 7th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I've been whoring my 300 out to a few different vendors as a prototype, but sadly each one needs it indefinitely and none have finished yet, so no fruits of efforts yet. If someone can confirm the length of the brake line is the same as the 250, I'd rather just buy a pre-measured line.

And yes, I've heard all the controls are the same, but each vendor is wary of saying that in case its not, for obvious safety issues. . . .

alex.s
December 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM
you mean you don't like having a stuck WOT?

Trailerboy531
December 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joel, the Long Beach Motorcycle Show starts today and runs through Sunday. There will be vendors there selling their wares (including Galfer and other brake line makers) at further discounted prices than you would see online. They may be able to help you out. Also, you get to see lots of pretty and new bikes!

JBinSD
December 7th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Cool, not sure I can swing an LBC trip this weekend, but sounds like fun . . .

old3
December 7th, 2012, 03:16 PM
The 250 Galfer lines went right on my 300, no problem. I have a 07 R6 throttle complete too, stock modded 300 cable. Much better than stock throttle.

JBinSD
January 28th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Anyone running a MP quickturn revolver on their 300 yet? About to call MP again, they said not yet in Dec, and its almost Feb, but a search here found nada. . .

JBinSD
January 28th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Update (shoulda just called first), "still in development" Jan 28 2013 11:25am.

tooblekain
January 28th, 2013, 01:42 PM
You can always take the risk and buy the Ninja 250 one. If it fits Bob's your Uncle. If not you can easily resell it for a slight markdown

One thing I would do is check the part #'s for the right control switches...if they are the same between and 2nd Gen 250 and the 300, 95% chance its good

As for the brake lines, you can buy a decent line and banjos from Summit Racing for like $20. Its what I did when I developed an Oil Pressure gauge for my Bonneville.

rojoracing53
January 28th, 2013, 02:37 PM
If by control switch you mean the starter and kill switch, all the MP kits use the same switch and requires you to wire it up your self.

tooblekain
January 28th, 2013, 02:40 PM
If by control switch you mean the starter and kill switch, all the MP kits use the same switch and requires you to wire it up your self.

Very true, however this weekend I installed my Motion Pro kit..got the Revolver Throttle but the switch is on back order. I just moved the switch to my left clip on because when I bought my Ninja 250 it was already race prepped and didnt have the left side switches for brights, signals, and horn.

JBinSD
January 28th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Thanx Matt, I'm prolly too
We Todd did
to make my own brakeline, I'm a fan of delegation when it actually matters ;-)

tooblekain
January 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Thanx Matt, I'm prolly too
We Todd did
to make my own brakeline, I'm a fan of delegation when it actually matters ;-)

....????....

JBinSD
January 28th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Gotta say it out loud for it to make sense, even better if you say it to your wife or g/f:

I AM WE TODD DID
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID.

:thumbup:

tooblekain
January 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Gotta say it out loud for it to make sense, even better if you say it to your wife or g/f:

I AM WE TODD DID
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID.

:thumbup:

LOL...now I go ***

cookiebug79
January 28th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Brooks at Costa Mesa Hose is da muthatruckin' BOMB.

Take him your line off your bike and they'll make a new one right there. Or you can call him with dimensions and he'll ship it out that day. He only works daytime weekdays though, so it's a little tough to get to him.

krolinked
January 28th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Brooks at Costa Mesa Hose is da muthatruckin' BOMB.

Take him your line off your bike and they'll make a new one right there. Or you can call him with dimensions and he'll ship it out that day. He only works daytime weekdays though, so it's a little tough to get to him.

Did you get one made? Do they come in colors and flavors?

cookiebug79
January 28th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Did you get one made? Do they come in colors and flavors?

I got front and rear lines made there for my ZX-6R. They DO come in colors and flavors!

krolinked
January 28th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I got front and rear lines made there for my ZX-6R. They DO come in colors and flavors!

Pictures or it did not happen.

cookiebug79
January 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Pictures or it did not happen.

Steel braided brake line on my ZX-6R made by Brooks at Costa Mesa Hose. Proof that they work well for panic braking when someone going slow moves over in front of you down the front straight of Buttonwillow. Yay for medium speed stoppies!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/bauerj79/Kawasexy/IMG_1136-1.jpg

krolinked
January 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Steel braided brake line on my ZX-6R made by Brooks at Costa Mesa Hose. Proof that they work well for panic braking when someone going slow moves over in front of you down the front straight of Buttonwillow. Yay for medium speed stoppies!

Everytime I Brake hard on my R6 I feel like I'm going to skid and die haha.
what tires did you stoppie with?

cookiebug79
January 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Everytime I Brake hard on my R6 I feel like I'm going to skid and die haha.
what tires did you stoppie with?

Dunlop Q2's.

Thread de-railer... :p

diwhiteii
January 29th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Anyone running a MP quickturn revolver on their 300 yet? About to call MP again, they said not yet in Dec, and its almost Feb, but a search here found nada. . .

I am! They made a protype for my Ninja 300. If you call they will say it is not in production, but they have the measurements from my bike. Talk to Matt if you really want it he is the one that took care of me. Tell him David White sent you.
Enjoy the pics!

rojoracing53
January 29th, 2013, 04:18 AM
the entire MP crew was seated in the row behind me for supercross on Saturday:thumbup:

rojoracing53
January 29th, 2013, 04:20 AM
I am! They made a protype for my Ninja 300. If you call they will say it is not in production, but they have the measurements from my bike. Talk to Matt if you really want it he is the one that took care of me. Tell him David White sent you.
Enjoy the pics!

:lol: you have the same setup of MP throttle and Brembo that I do:thumbup:

choneofakind
January 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Does that Brembo setup fix the issues with spongey brake feel that Alex and tnr3 were commenting on when they bought their 300's initially?

JBinSD
January 29th, 2013, 02:39 PM
wow, thats a serious setup, is that an aftermarket triple? Whats the advantage of raising the clutch resevoir like that? I'd also like info on the brembo, like p/ns and price? very cool setup.

diwhiteii
January 30th, 2013, 04:12 PM
:lol: you have the same setup of MP throttle and Brembo that I do:thumbup:

Its the best setup. Love it!

diwhiteii
January 30th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Does that Brembo setup fix the issues with spongey brake feel that Alex and tnr3 were commenting on when they bought their 300's initially?

Yes the brembo setup is awesome. It has great feel and no sponge.

diwhiteii
January 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM
wow, thats a serious setup, is that an aftermarket triple? Whats the advantage of raising the clutch resevoir like that? I'd also like info on the brembo, like p/ns and price? very cool setup.

The triple is aftermarket, made by X-Race for the Ninja 250R. No advantage to raising the clutch reservoir it is just a Brembo Brake Reservoir Kit which you need if you are using the Brembo RCS 15 master cylinder. Below is one of the places you can buy it.

Brembo RCS 15 $365
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Brembo-15RCS-Forged-Radial-Brake-Master-Cylinder/?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&zmam=92312807&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=48353_279051&gclid=CLKbtuuckbUCFQfhQgodGz4Afg

Brembo Brake Reservoir Kit $63
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Brembo-Brake-Reservoir-Kit/?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&zmam=92312807&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=48351&gclid=CIOp5a2bkbUCFWrZQgodCToAPg

JBinSD
January 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
hmm, tempting, if the bike wasn't in a zillion pieces and needing everything, I'd get nutty with the brembo (and the full yoshi, and and)

choneofakind
January 30th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah, that brembo is a bit steep for me now :lol: But if I ever get a new 300, I'd consider getting one.

Peanut_EOD
January 30th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I used a set of 09 ZX-6R front lines, that I had left over from my trade in, for my 300. I used the longer of the two for the front, and the short one for the rear.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/synernut/Ninja%20300R/photobucket-8138-1358642362318.jpg

tfkrocks
February 27th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Would brake line kits differ for the ABS model?

JBinSD
July 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Just as a follow-up to confirm, Motion Pro doesn't have the 300 Revolver throttle in production, but they can make it, as Dave said. Was quoted $175 + shipping, will probably spank the piggy bank, as the 1/4 turn makes any bike feel more beastly :-)

alex.s
July 25th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Just as a follow-up to confirm, Motion Pro doesn't have the 300 Revolver throttle in production, but they can make it, as Dave said. Was quoted $175 + shipping, will probably spank the piggy bank, as the 1/4 turn makes any bike feel more beastly :-)

if you are a cheap ass like me, you can buy the $10 mp throttle tube only then just stick it in the oem housing... cut a slot out of the top of the OEM throttle housing

JBinSD
July 25th, 2013, 10:18 AM
pics? does that shorten the throttle travel to a 1/4 turn? Do you use the larger spool/disc thingy? I subscribe to the cheapy approach if effect and safe. . . .