View Full Version : ALEX! - Malware, I guess from your add providers.

Joshorilla
December 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I have had chrome warn me their is malware on this site, I guess it's coming from one of the add providers.

Attached is a screenshot, my action was to post a reply in the "sexy people on bikes" thread found in the pictures section.

It did the same thing when I tried to post again.

himynameisjoe
December 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
You might want to check your email mate, looks like you have 3,780 unread messages...

Alex
December 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Someone had linked a picture from that site awhile back in that thread. I removed the hotlink back then, but Google continues to warn about that page, even though the link hasn't been there for a bit. I saw the warning again last night, so reviewed the entire page source, and there isn't a link to that site (or anything on the .cn domain, actually)

Joshorilla
December 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Someone had linked a picture from that site awhile back in that thread. I removed the hotlink back then, but Google continues to warn about that page, even though the link hasn't been there for a bit. I saw the warning again last night, so reviewed the entire page source, and there isn't a link to that site (or anything on the .cn domain, actually)

Ok cool, thought i'd let you know just encase, I know how frustrating it is when a user at my work brings me an issue and when I ask how long it's been going on for they say "oh about three weeks but it's only really been a problem now, and we have to do something tomorrow and we haven't been able to do any of it for the last few weeks so I need this fixed by 5 o'clock or the entire payroll for this month won't go out"

So I like to report these things ASAP! :P

Alex
December 10th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Update: it was a misleading error code from Chrome. It was warning about a link to that .cn site, which was removed. But - there was a different picture link that it was actually whining about, that I saw from within Google Webmaster tools. I removed that picture link, so hopefully nobody should be seeing this warning any more.