View Full Version : What happens next? (ATGATT!!)

akima
December 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3872/gone5xn.jpg

EEeep.

REDCOMET
December 10th, 2012, 11:36 AM
low side

alex.s
December 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
skin grafts

REDCOMET
December 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
pain. lots of it.

subxero
December 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
skin graph

akima
December 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I have this feature of my mind where I can mentally simulate future events to get a good idea about what could/would happen without having to actually experience those events for real. I used to think everyone had this feature, but things like this make me doubt that assumption very much :p

What the hell were they thinking!! (if anything)

I still feel for them. That's got to hurt.

Joshorilla
December 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I like how the part evidently least worth protecting on each of them has the most protection.

alex.s
December 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I have this feature of my mind where I can mentally simulate future events to get a good idea about what could/would happen without having to actually experience those events for real. I used to think everyone had this feature, but things like this make me doubt that assumption very much :p

the difference: they were stupid. "thinking" doesn't come into the equation most of the time.

csmith12
December 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Frowns and tears....

Jiggles
December 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM

Mind Squirrel!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3pw9hcHm1rpjc0qo1_500.png

akima
December 10th, 2012, 12:08 PM
^ he he. cool.

Miles_Prower
December 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM
ouch!

akima
December 10th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Just noticed she's only got flip-flops on her feet too. Even a pair of trainers would help a little bit. Crazy humans.

beazy411
December 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Not only are they only wearing helmets, small miracle at that, but her bag looks like it is way to heavy and not cinched up like is should be. Oh well, idiots will be idiots.

wardie
December 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
The girl and her family will remember this ride for many years to come because it will take that many graft surgeries to look mostly normal.

The hair on the back of my neck stands up when I see a pic like this. You know they're going to blame the bike right?

nickjpass
December 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
The only time I'd go that low with a passenger is if they were wearing full gear, then again, I wouldn't want to go that low on the street. Or that ^ will happen. imo...

Gorilla25
December 11th, 2012, 12:07 AM
massive owies will be had

Firehorse
December 11th, 2012, 02:38 AM
How does this happen so often???

If you like your lady-friend, tell her that she doesn't ride without gear!
I always hear young men saying don't worry, I've been riding this long....blah blah etc. If SHE has no bike experience or knowledge of the 'sport' then she has no idea of what can happen.
I see people with their kids on the back with no gear too. Don't worry, we'll take it easy - WTF??? What about that truck that's about to toss your kid like a football?

Doesn't happen so much with guys on the back.:rolleyes:

Haunting picture squirrely girly, I may have to spread that around a bit.

akima
December 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
... her bag looks like it is way to heavy and not cinched up like is should be.

I was thinking about that. I wonder how that bag would effect her body during the crash. In order to reduce road rash, I guess it would be best to let your body freely roll across the ground (better than sliding on skin). I'm guessing that bag would hinder the ability to roll, so she probably got even worse rash than she was already due for. Soo~ much pain!!! :eek: They will now both be scared for life.

Haunting picture squirrely girly, I may have to spread that around a bit.

It's a good picture. It displays a crucial moment where they have passed the point of no return: they no longer have the option of righting the bike or slipping into some protective leathers. With that single frame we have enough information to imagine what will happen to the bike :( and the kind of injuries they will have sustained :(

Shaorune
December 19th, 2012, 10:54 PM
just look the front tire...

Crash....:thumbup:

ChaoSS
December 20th, 2012, 04:11 AM
just look the front tire...

Crash....:thumbup:

THat and the fact that the rear tire is now a good two inches off the ground...

I want to know where the picture came from, if there is any info on exactly how bad the injuries were.

antiant
December 20th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Future Darwin Award (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_award) recipients!

bdavison
December 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Is thinking there might be a market for full leather suits that look like bare skin wearing shorts and a tank top.

Shaorune
December 20th, 2012, 06:14 PM
THat and the fact that the rear tire is now a good two inches off the ground...

I want to know where the picture came from, if there is any info on exactly how bad the injuries were.

+ no wearing protection gear... :thumbup:
heaven or hell so close:D

AngryBirdz
December 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Ouch for the girl. She's wearing flipflops and I can see her left foot almost dragging the pavement.

Aggrotech
December 29th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Stupid guy and stupid girl, they both deserved all the injury's that came from this incident.

kmcdonald5500
January 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
How does this happen so often???

If you like your lady-friend, tell her that she doesn't ride without gear!
I always hear young men saying don't worry, I've been riding this long....blah blah etc. If SHE has no bike experience or knowledge of the 'sport' then she has no idea of what can happen.

Its because we will do anything to take a lady back home with us! And guys probably aren't carrying around a backpack of spare riding gear so when you pick up some girl somewhere, how do you get her back to your place? :thumbup:

alex.s
January 17th, 2013, 08:43 AM
mind squirrel!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3pw9hchm1rpjc0qo1_500.png

lemmywinks!