View Full Version : Replace front reflectors with LED's...ideas?

M-Oorb
January 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
So I decided today as I was washing my bike that I dont really like the way the reflectors look on the front of the bike(I dunno what you call the body piece but the one that surrounds the front wheel..front tire hugger?). Yet I know the importance of being seen by all those crazy cagers out there. So what I was thinking out doing was removing the two reflectors and putting led's in their place. I'd set them up as running lights and double them as turn signals via a relay. Yet I don't have any idea how I would accomplish putting these led's on in a way that would look decent. I'd want them somehow in the area of the hole left by the reflector...any ideas would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

HKr1
January 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM
What hole left by the reflector, Isnt it just a bolt that holds the fender on?

M-Oorb
January 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Yea thats what I meant...like that hole where the bolt is I wanna do something with installing some LED's there...not too many just enough to be seen and stuff

CRXTrek
January 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Here's some
http://www.motosport.com/street/search/index.php?words=dei%20lighted%20bolts
I don't know if the thread will fit.

M-Oorb
January 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hm I wonder if those would be bright enough to work as a set of turn signals? But hey for 20 bucks I might as well buy a set and check it out. Thanks. Any other ideas? Either at online stores or maybe something I can make myself works

CRXTrek
January 16th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't count on them being seen in the daylight.

M-Oorb
January 16th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hmm i dunno then...I was thinking about somehow doing something with attaching in some way just individuals LED's like mounting them on something somehow...I know I'm being vague its just because I have no idea how to accomplish what I want:rolleyes:.

kkim
January 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
You may want to rethink putting a powered accessory on the lower fork leg as it will be a hassle to route power down to that moving portion of the bike.