View Full Version : Green Ninja (Turtles)

CC Cowboy
January 19th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I registered, started posting and forgot all about saying "HI" and that I'm a new member.

I was kinda misinformed about this site. I thought it was a new female "Ninja Turtle" site. Well I have a hard shell so if I get flogged for the misunderstanding it will be worth it.

As it turns out at one time I had a Kawi 250. Boy, I was unaware that they made these bikes in colors other than green. Maybe it was just the green ones are so much faster that I never noticed the other colors as I swiftly rode by. Had I known that girls rode these bikes I would have Shirley slowed down to say hi.

Well with the cost of fuel, the housing downturn, the economic devastation, and "Global Warming" I'm back to my Schwinn. I'll still wave as I go by. So if you see a green flash whizz by you, by an old geezer pedaling his ... off and it sounds like baseball cards in the spokes, you can still wave back but I'll be long gone.

Alex
January 19th, 2009, 04:54 PM
:welcome:

kkim
January 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Aloha and welcome, gonzo!

Good to have your demented sense of humor here. I'm sure the place will liven up considerably with you around, hard shell or not.

Time to start shopping for an 09, perhaps?

great to see you again, brah!
:)

Sailariel
January 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Oscar, I don`t have a Schwinn, although I work on them. I have a small shop that specializes in working on racing bikes and restoring classics. Would love to find a Schwinn Paramount to restore. I ride a Scandium and Carbon Fiber Eddy Merckx Racer (actually is worth more than my 08 Ninjette), a Fuji Aluminum Time Trial Bike, a custom Touring Bike I built, and a 45 Year old Italvega that I restored--a real classic. I much prefer anything on two wheels to cages.

conchwanab
January 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM
welcome to a fellow 2 wheeler!!!

BlueTyke
January 20th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Welcome!

ManyCavies
January 20th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Welcome! :D

KJohnson21
January 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
:welcome:

HKr1
January 21st, 2009, 06:17 AM
I was kinda misinformed about this site..

Dam Kelly, What kinda flyers are you posting up these days :behindsofa:

workdaddy
January 21st, 2009, 08:27 AM
Welcome, and I have tried the cards too... Me I like the aluminume can my self.. Place empty can on side, run over with rear tire, it will "Attatch" to the tire and get stuck near the upper rear part of frame. When you begin to peddle it will make a great noise... More realistic IMO. the newer/nobbier the tire, the better noise!
one down side it that the tire will begin to shred the rubber away slowly, but it is easier to replace a tire than adjust the spokes....
Gear up and Ride safe!!!

TrueFaith
January 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Oh geez, look who showed up. There go the property values! How ya been buddy? Hope you're still riding down there in FLA and getting out to Jennings when you can. You riding anything new besides that Schwinn or are you still stealing your kid's bikes when you want to ride? We've been having a hell of a winter up here in NE with ice and snow storms one after the other. There's a foot of snow on the ground right now and spring seem a hell of a long ways off! Good to have you aboard, man! :welcome:

CC Cowboy
January 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM
Good to see you're alive Wayne. I won't tell anyone about your knee pads (the real reason you wear them). Couple new bikes made it into the stable but no Kawi's so I won't list them. This site seems to be pretty good. No idiots have gotten in to ruin the mood. I've been out to the track a few times however; it's been Daytona Speedway instead of Jennings. A couple of motorcycle riders are entered in the 24. No one famous, some old has beens, I think the AMA is sponsoring them because they feel sorry for them. Ever hear of some guy from Georgia named Russell. He has raced at Daytona before (not much success). He teamed up with a dirt bike guy who retired so long ago you have to be our age to have ever heard of him, Jeff Ward. I don't think he is related to Roger Ward so he probably sucks. The last guy did get in because of his dad, Jason Pridmore. His dad probably knows someone or someone owes him money or something. I'm going to root for them anyway, they will have Porsche power so I feel I have to. It is the 09 Prototype. I didn't go last year (the weather sucked) but the year before I was invited to hang in the 500 club so it was a blast.

Here is a picture of two old buzzards with Max Angelelli's prototype. Max took us on a lap in a pace car at the "Roar before the 24" party before the race (it was disappointing since he didn't do the infield, and it was only in a pace car). I told him I've done it faster on a motorcycle. He wasn't impressed, I wasn't either.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk274/enzo_f1/TomandFredRoarbeforethe24-1.jpg

That's my buddy Fred with me in the pic. He is my Porsche mechanic. I do all the car events with him. He is a walking, talking, encyclopedia for cars.

Hope to see you on the Island soon.

kkim
January 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM
This site seems to be pretty good. No idiots have gotten in to ruin the mood.
:tape2:

CC Cowboy
January 21st, 2009, 01:28 PM
OK Kelly, it seems that one recently snuck in. The guy has a big mouth but has been good so far, I think.

TrueFaith
January 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hiya Tom. The way you rattle off names like that, you should have your own monthly column in some moto magazine. I think I've heard of a couple of those guys, but you're obviously still spending way too much time at the track. :D
One of my favorite memories is when I took a tour of Daytona Speedway a few years back. Got into a Chevy window van with 8 blue-haired old lady tourists and took a spin on the track. The driver/tour guide was an old hand who knew just about anybody who had ever raced there. The old ladies were scratching there heads the whole time, but I was eating his stories right up. At one point he gave the van a little gas and took it up a banked turn to the thrill and delight of the old gals, who could barely contain their excitement at being in the van at a 45-degree angle. We didn't get much of a tour of the infield either, but by that time the old ladies were reaching for their heart medications anyway and probably couldn't take much more excitement. That's such a great venue for racing and the town itself is a lot of fun. Can't think of a better place to go bar-crawling.
Man, you really have the best of both worlds in being able to follow the warm weather between there and RI. I forgot how frustrating it is to part with your bike 4 months out of the year up here. Between all the winterizing prep and having the bike on battery tender life-support for months, I really need to think about moving somewhere where I can ride all year long. Top speed on a snow-blower just doen't have the same appeal, ya know?