View Full Version : 300 Suspension and compare to 250 ?

ally99
January 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Forgive me if this is a stupid, or "girlie" question, but does the 300 have an adjustable suspension? Or is it only the preload that can be bumped up or down like the 250s?

Another question, for those of you who own a 300, are there things you liked better about the 250?

tnr4
January 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Hi Allyson,

No, the suspension is not adjustable beyond rear pre-load. However, the front suspension is better -- I think they said they used thicker oil, but it feels more progressive and doesn't bottom out easily.

I like pretty much everything on the 300 better than the 250. The only thing that seems equal is the front brakes, but it it rides and feels better in pretty much every way. Not amazingly better, but better. If you have specific questions, just throw 'em up here! :thumbup:

Ninjaedit: but for reference, I had a pregen, so there may have been things on the new-gen that I would have liked more.

Alex
January 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Hi Ally! Here were my thoughts (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115561) on it when I first picked it up. Suspension behavior is improved on the 300. The specs say that they lowered the spring rate slightly in the front, but increased the recommended oil level. Seems somewhat strange, but it is effective. Front feels controlled, yet is much harder to bottom out under hard braking than the new-gen 250's (which were much harder than the pre-gens).

ally99
January 15th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Awesome! Thanks Travis and Alex!

psych0hans
April 3rd, 2013, 03:10 AM
Can anyone confirm the fork oil viscosity in the 300? I know it is 10w in the 250... Alex tnr4

Alex
April 3rd, 2013, 05:37 AM
Beats me. :idunno:

old3
April 3rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
The fork oil is green! :D

My son has a 2012, the 300 has it covered in every way except the plastics quality is worse and the passenger seat is less everything it should be. Smaller, not as comfy.

The shifting is better, the vibrations are lower, the suspension is more controlled, the clutch lever is lighter pull, power is not even in the same ballpark. Anything else that isn't better is at least equal excepting the exceptions above, exceptional improvement overall.

Somchai
July 22nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hi Ally! Here were my thoughts (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115561) on it when I first picked it up. Suspension behavior is improved on the 300. The specs say that they lowered the spring rate slightly in the front, but increased the recommended oil level. Seems somewhat strange, but it is effective. Front feels controlled, yet is much harder to bottom out under hard braking than the new-gen 250's (which were much harder than the pre-gens).

About the increased oil level the information is correct, the oil level from the 300 is 100 +/- 2mm compared to 108 +/- 2mm in the 250 Ninja. The spring is exactly the same like the 250 (partno. 44026-0126).

Klondike1020 :whathesaid:

Klondike1020
July 22nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
The Kawasaki dealers would like to tell you the 300 is a completely different bike
The only way you could be more partial to the 250 is if you like the looks better. Unlikely

The 300- it just the next step of improvements to the two fifty
Improvements on the same platform

Gussets in the same old frame. Tuned the same suspension a little, new fairing kit looks larger "like a 600". nicer gauge cluster, fuel injection, exhaust is piped a little different.

And bigger bore with different ECM maps

Oh slipper clutch which can be forgiving on aggressive down shifting.

Nicer tires stock on the 300

300 comes w a rear higher stock

So it is just a noticeable bit better in every possible way

I spent a couple hundred miles on both.

They are not worlds apart.

I couldn't justify selling my 250 and spending the money on a 300.

I think of it like this

Dating a girl and I find out she has a younger hotter sister who is more fun...

Probably not worth it to dump her and upgrade starting from scratch lol

I am still ridding my 250.

Then again unlike girls I got to try the 300 out for a bit before I stuck w my 250 haha

aeroblade
July 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
lol Klondike1020

I'm still waiting to get a test ride, but there are none available here atm.

Jiggles
July 22nd, 2013, 11:24 PM
its bettuh