View Full Version : $65 Saddlebags & Tailbag Set

BlackNinja8
January 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Guys, I came across these during one of my usual searches on ways in which to waste my money. A couple guys on the SV Forum bought them and on page 2 of the link there are some detailed photos. Guys seem pretty positive about them.

Also on the second page there is a link to a place where you can get them along with a 10% off coupon code. Those looking for a cheap luggage option may want to give them a shot.

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160438&page=2

Jiggles
January 18th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Product is currently unavailable :(

Motofool
January 18th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Product is currently unavailable :(

http://www.certaintystores.com/_e/Motorcycle_Luggage_Bags/product/B1_LUMSDLTL/Diamond_Plate_3pc_LIVE_TO_RIDE_Heavy_Duty_Polyester_Motorcycle_Luggage_Set_LUMSD LTL.htm :)

$48 with coupon (before shipping) !!!

BlackNinja8
January 19th, 2013, 06:30 AM
It was available when I checked just now. Try again. They're on eBay for a few bucks more too.

Reyno2ac
January 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
For $65 I figured it was worth a try. I'll report back when I get mine and throw them on my 650.

Thanks for the heads up!

JustRidin
February 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Also found them on this site for $40 before shipping ($65 shipped).

http://www.fitsmybudget.com/Diamond-Plate-LIVE-TO-RIDE-Heavy-Duty-Polyester-Motorcycle-Luggage-Set-LUMSDLTL.html

slickt0mmy
February 23rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Did anyone get these yet that wants to give us a quick review? :)

JustRidin
February 24th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Reyno2ac ever get these saddle bags in? Really considering trying them out myself to.

Reyno2ac
February 24th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I got the bags, but I haven't had a chance to use them yet, there's still ice on the ground.

For $65 I'd say they're worth it. They seem sturdy and they hold a ton. The tail bag clips into the saddle bags. The only negative is that these are old, so all the hard plastic support pieces designed to keep the bags open is extremely brittle and unusable.

JustRidin
February 24th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Hm, not too big of a deal about the plastic pieces really, for $65 anyhow. As long as they strap down nice.

slickt0mmy
February 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I got the bags, but I haven't had a chance to use them yet, there's still ice on the ground.

For $65 I'd say they're worth it. They seem sturdy and they hold a ton. The tail bag clips into the saddle bags. The only negative is that these are old, so all the hard plastic support pieces designed to keep the bags open is extremely brittle and unusable.

Sounds like it's not too bad for $65. I don't really mind about the plastic stuff. I was mostly worried about stitching, zippers, and overall durability. I may just have to pick myself up a set. :D

Thank you, sir!

BlackNinja8
February 24th, 2013, 08:47 PM
There's a review on YouTube. Search "classic accesories motorcycle bags." I have the tank bag and IMO its great for the money. I spent 86 on the rapid transit recon and while it was a better bag, I would choose the 35 dollar classic accesories bag over it and save the money if I were to do it over again. Quality is a 7 out of 10 and the functionality is good enough. There are some flaws like the magnets cannot be hidden or cover when you pull it off the bike. Meaning that you have to be extr careful where you place it because it could pick up a paper clip or other metal object which can scratch your tank. In all I do not think many would be disappointed at this price point. Buy from Walmart.com so you can return in store if you do not like it.

slickt0mmy
March 1st, 2013, 03:28 PM
My bags just came in the mail today and I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the quality. They seem really well made and durable.

As others have said, the plastic support panels used to give them body when empty are quite old. Mine started cracking at the slightest little bend. It's really no big deal, since the bags hold their shape well without them. I just took mine out and tossed them.

I'll probably be removing the "Live to Ride" stitching on the sides (not really my thing). But other than that, I'm happy with them. They're very roomy and have more pockets than I was expecting. Zippers also seem pretty sturdy. Well worth $65. :thumbup:

Motofool
March 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM
My bags just came in the mail today and I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the quality..........

Could the central bag be adapted to work as a tank bag?

slickt0mmy
March 1st, 2013, 09:10 PM
Could the central bag be adapted to work as a tank bag?

Hmm that might be a tough one. The biggest problem would be the size. It's a pretty large bag. I just measured it and it's 15" wide, 13" long, and 9" tall. I'd have to lay it on the tank to be sure but I'm almost certain it would interfere with your arms even if you did find a good way to mount it to the tank.

Motofool
March 1st, 2013, 09:23 PM
OK, Adam, thank you :)