View Full Version : Quotes I make in a post are triggering my own notifcations

saxnbass
March 4th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Okay, so recently, I'll be notified of a post quote when I quote someone. It'll tell me I have a new post quote, I'll check my quotes page and it'll say "saxnbass quoted _____ in the thread _____". Uhhh... thanks, I know that I quoted someone, I'm the one that quoted them. Is this a new "feature" (bug)?

Alex
March 4th, 2012, 10:38 PM
That mod has always done that. I'd prefer if it only listed those who quoted me, and not my own quotes as well, but that's how it works. Think of it as disincentive for over-using the quote feature.

gfloyd2002
March 5th, 2012, 04:42 AM
That mod has always done that. I'd prefer if it only listed those who quoted me, and not my own quotes as well, but that's how it works. Think of it as disincentive for over-using the quote feature.

QFT! Oh. Oops.

CZroe
March 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Just refresh the page after posting a quote and it will mark it as "read" and dismiss the notification before you ever notice it.

Falcor
February 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Not sure if it's just me but whenever I quote somebody I am getting a notification after the post letting me know that I quoted that person which is slightly irritating because I always think somebody was instead quoting me and I have to go into the notification center to make it disappear every time I make a post with a quote..

Jiggles
February 8th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Not sure if it's just me but whenever I quote somebody I am getting a notification after the post letting me know that I quoted that person which is slightly irritating because I always think somebody was instead quoting me and I have to go into the notification center to make it disappear every time I make a post with a quote..

someone was quoting you but you also quoted someone else but after they quoted you. Try clicking the second quote notification in the list

Falcor
February 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Derp, I wonder how many times I've missed that lmao. People need to stop posting when I am!

Alex
February 8th, 2013, 01:42 PM
/merged with similar thread

I thought it had always done this, are people seeing a new change in behavior?

Falcor
February 8th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I think it was just me not paying attention when I checked the notification. A easy way to fix it for me would be to separate quotes made by the user and quotes people have made from your posts since I just look at the top most notification which would be the one from me quoting somebody if I was quoted by somebody else while I made my post.

If any of that makes sense xD