View Full Version : Front Stand for 300?

JBinSD
February 12th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Whats the preference? I the fork-end pitbull that I interchange with my SV, but thinking I need two separate sets, does anyone use the triple-pin model? Not sure if its cross-compatible, or if they even make one for the 300 yet, but thought I'd check to see what you guyz are using?
Cheers,
Joel

cuong-nutz
February 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
any forkstands will do. No specifics other than having the right pin size for the triple mount.

People have used Pit Bull, T-Rex, and Lockhart-Philips with no problems. I personally have an old LP triple stand, and use a 12mm socket for the pin.

CZroe
February 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM
There was a slight change to the EX250J lower fork holder in 2011 when 44037-0088-18R became 44037-0112-21. That's the same part used on the EX300A, so the same pin fits and the same triple tree/head stands should fit unless the fairing or horn interfere.

JBinSD
February 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM
OK cool, thanx guyz. the fork-perch model doesn't always seem that stable, but the ninjette is such a light bike it shouldn't really matter, but may try the triple stand anyway.

Alex
February 12th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Pit-bull triple-tree pin front stand FTW. :thumbup:

I think I'm using the #2 pin, which works fine.

CZroe
February 12th, 2013, 01:36 PM
OK cool, thanx guyz. the fork-perch model doesn't always seem that stable, but the ninjette is such a light bike it shouldn't really matter, but may try the triple stand anyway.

The main problem with a fork stand is that it only helps when servicing the wheel. It doesn't help at all if you need to doing anything with the forks or triple, which often includes seemingly unrelated service, like clip-ons or lowering the bike.

choneofakind
February 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
...blah blah blah...

Block of wood and a car jack work in a pinch ;)

I totally agree with you though. Triple stands are the best option. I'm getting a set of Trex stands for the pregen this spring. I hate having to use a car jack. I already re-located my horn a bit so I have space for the stand.

geeker
February 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Pit-bull triple-tree pin front stand FTW. :thumbup:

I think I'm using the #2 pin, which works fine.

Christie at Pit Bull told me I had to have a #20. Not sure what's different, but it works. :)

CZroe
February 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Block of wood and a car jack work in a pinch ;)
You're right. Why buy any stand then? ;) I actually had both kinds of stands before I had a real car jack (that thing included with the spare doesn't count). The F-bike's center stand and easily-removed 1-piece lower definitely help. I hear that the L-bike and 300's lowers are a pain due to all the extra pieces, so I guess a stand can come in handy.

I totally agree with you though. Triple stands are the best option. I'm getting a set of Trex stands for the pregen this spring. I hate having to use a car jack. I already re-located my horn a bit so I have space for the stand.
I noticed that my J-bike horn would flex out of the way and spring right back, so I never bothered on that one, but Kawi seems to have mounted it to purposely block access for a headstand on the F-bike. :(

choneofakind
February 12th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Kawi seems to have mounted it to purposely block access for a headstand on the F-bike. :(

I rotated the mount to the right just far enough to clear the hole. I looks like it will work, but we'll see once I actually get a stand.

tooblekain
February 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I have a Lockhart Phillips front stand that came with various pin sizes that I used for my D675. When the D675 got totalled out and I got my NInja 250 I just had to switch pins.

Got it for less than $100 and does the job well.

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/TRACK-STAND-HEAD-LIFT/

Alex
February 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Christie at Pit Bull told me I had to have a #20. Not sure what's different, but it works. :)

Makes sense - I'm sure the #20 pin is slightly wider. The #2 fits in very loosely. It is the one that fits well in my ZX-10R, and I hate changing those pins each time I lift either bike, so I just leave the one in there. :thumbup:

Rekognize
March 4th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I got these el cheapo stands from Amazon for $60 (pair). They're stable and does the job :thumbup:

http://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Paddock-Kawasaki/dp/B0036QZ8VQ/

Alim.N
May 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Wow.. another good find J. Ordering these stands off of Amazon today. Thanks for the heads up!

Hero Danny
November 23rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Thread Revival, I just ordered a Pitbull front stand with the 20 pin, I'll update this when I get it if it fits correctly.... According to this chart, it should be 20..

http://www.pit-bull.com/fitting_chart_pins.pdf

In case anyone is wondering, I ordered from Revzilla.com It ran me $169.99 I didn't get the removable handle. Free ship, tax included.

c-dog
November 23rd, 2014, 09:44 PM
Thread Revival, I just ordered a Pitbull front stand with the 20 pin, I'll update this when I get it if it fits correctly.... According to this chart, it should be 20..

http://www.pit-bull.com/fitting_chart_pins.pdf

In case anyone is wondering, I ordered from Revzilla.com It ran me $169.99 I didn't get the removable handle. Free ship, tax included.

I just got another front and rear set for my 300 last week. I like the new hybrid front stand, it has changed a little since I got my last set. It is convertible with the fork lift converters. I also got the fork lift converters, but not sure how often I will use the stand like that.

Both my 300 and 6R are hovering above the ground on Pitbull stands. I really like them even though they are so expensive. They are heavy and overbuilt, which is why I really like them.

Hero Danny
November 23rd, 2014, 10:05 PM
I just got another front and rear set for my 300 last week. I like the new hybrid front stand, it has changed a little since I got my last set. It is convertible with the fork lift converters. I also got the fork lift converters, but not sure how often I will use the stand like that.

Both my 300 and 6R are hovering above the ground on Pitbull stands. I really like them even though they are so expensive. They are heavy and overbuilt, which is why I really like them.

I thought about the hybrid stands but decided against it. I heard the original felt more sturdy.

I have the rear pit bull stand with the extended removeable handle... kinda not worth the extra $ imo (for the handle).

I love the rear stand, I justify the cost because in the long run it'll save me money only having to buy the one stand (per bike). Opposed to having to get a new stand every 5 years. Also, they look badass.

c-dog
November 23rd, 2014, 10:22 PM
I thought about the hybrid stands but decided against it. I heard the original felt more sturdy.

I got the front stand that you got as well (I think?). It's called the Hybrid Headlift for $170. The other one is the Hybrid Dual Lift for $210.

With the ones we have you can convert and remove the whole head lift part and attach the swivels. They call them Hybrid Swivels for $45.

Here's a link - http://www.pit-bull.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PBMSA&Product_Code=F0100-002&Category_Code=front_stands

Hero Danny
November 24th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I got the front stand that you got as well (I think?). It's called the Hybrid Headlift for $170. The other one is the Hybrid Dual Lift for $210.

With the ones we have you can convert and remove the whole head lift part and attach the swivels. They call them Hybrid Swivels for $45.

Here's a link - http://www.pit-bull.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PBMSA&Product_Code=F0100-002&Category_Code=front_stands

Ah, I guess you're right... Here's the one I got.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pit-bull-hybrid-headlift-stand

Thanks for the link, I'll probably pick up the swivels another time though ;)

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Ah, I guess you're right... Here's the one I got.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pit-bull-hybrid-headlift-stand

Thanks for the link, I'll probably pick up the swivels another time though ;)

It's a great front stand. They really are a joy to use. Before and after every ride you interact with them. It's like having a nicer set of tools that feel higher quality. Going to try the swivels out next year. I'll let you know what I think about them. Never used a stand with the fork lifter type swivels, so it should be fun to try out.

The swivels are gorgeous, the pull pins and welding is on another level. Such nice stuff. I wish I could show you them in person.

Hero Danny
November 25th, 2014, 08:39 AM
It's a great front stand. They really are a joy to use. Before and after every ride you interact with them. It's like having a nicer set of tools that feel higher quality. Going to try the swivels out next year. I'll let you know what I think about them. Never used a stand with the fork lifter type swivels, so it should be fun to try out.

The swivels are gorgeous, the pull pins and welding is on another level. Such nice stuff. I wish I could show you them in person.

"wisconsin" yeah, probably never see you in person lol

As for the stands, I completely agree that the stands are a great investment. When I spent close to $500 in mods on newgen and then realized once I sold her that it was just wasted money it kinda sucked. But now it doesn't matter what happens with my ninjette, i'll always have these stands. + the peace of mind knowing that my bike is safe and sturdy on them helps.

Once I get my front stand I'll be all ready for winterizing my bike. I'll clean her up, add sta-bil, put her on the stands, pull the battery, throw the cover over her and call it a day.

front stand will be in tomorrow and i'll snap some photos and give you my .02

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 04:31 PM
"wisconsin" yeah, probably never see you in person lol

As for the stands, I completely agree that the stands are a great investment. When I spent close to $500 in mods on newgen and then realized once I sold her that it was just wasted money it kinda sucked. But now it doesn't matter what happens with my ninjette, i'll always have these stands. + the peace of mind knowing that my bike is safe and sturdy on them helps.

Once I get my front stand I'll be all ready for winterizing my bike. I'll clean her up, add sta-bil, put her on the stands, pull the battery, throw the cover over her and call it a day.

front stand will be in tomorrow and i'll snap some photos and give you my .02

They are a really nice investment. It does kind of sting to spend a touch over $300 on stands. Some might say we are crazy. But over the years the extra money spent per day difference is not a big deal.

I also have to fully winterize my bikes. I keep them in a heated storage unit. Both need oil changes, new filters, stabil added and batteries removed. It's kind of a pain. At least I got them both to the storage unit before all the snow hit.

Let me know what you think of the front stand when you get it. Did you go with the standard version or did you add removable handle or longer handle? I just went with the standard one.

Hero Danny
November 26th, 2014, 10:02 PM
They are a really nice investment. It does kind of sting to spend a touch over $300 on stands. Some might say we are crazy. But over the years the extra money spent per day difference is not a big deal.

I also have to fully winterize my bikes. I keep them in a heated storage unit. Both need oil changes, new filters, stabil added and batteries removed. It's kind of a pain. At least I got them both to the storage unit before all the snow hit.

Let me know what you think of the front stand when you get it. Did you go with the standard version or did you add removable handle or longer handle? I just went with the standard one.

0ZmZkdfMHjk

Overall happy, here's my video review on it. My only gripe about it is thinking back I should of just gotten the removable handle... no biggie though... also, it arrived with a couple scratches on it, but they're tools... it's going to get scratched eventually!

c-dog
November 26th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Overall happy, here's my video review on it. My only gripe about it is thinking back I should of just gotten the removable handle... no biggie though... also, it arrived with a couple scratches on it, but they're tools... it's going to get scratched eventually!

Nice video. I noticed the horn problem also. I don't think it's a big deal, but I'm going to relocate it slightly at some point.

Hero Danny
November 27th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Nice video. I noticed the horn problem also. I don't think it's a big deal, but I'm going to relocate it slightly at some point.

Yeah, horn still works but the stand was literally pushing the horn back. Not too worried if it breaks since I kinda wanted to upgrade the horn anyway.