View Full Version : Need help with installing Scottoiler VSystem

tfkrocks
February 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM
So there isn't Ninja 300 specific directions yet, but I figured it would be about the same as the FI Ninja 250R directions that Scottoiler has on their site. I have no idea how to remove the vacuum tube from the throttle body. I'm not entirely sure I'm even looking at the right part honestly. Maybe it would be better to just cut the tube to do this? Really could use some guidance on this.

Joshorilla
February 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
So there isn't Ninja 300 specific directions yet, but I figured it would be about the same as the FI Ninja 250R directions that Scottoiler has on their site. I have no idea how to remove the vacuum tube from the throttle body. I'm not entirely sure I'm even looking at the right part honestly. Maybe it would be better to just cut the tube to do this? Really could use some guidance on this.

Hey, i've fitted one to my ninja 250r don't cut the tube just yet, my 250r had one vacuum tube come off the throttle body on the left side of the throttle body and a bung over the spiggot on the right hand side, I took the rubber bung off and fitted it to that.

Well, I cut the bung off with a knife as it was a pain to pull off, then fit the rubber L joint bit and you're golden.

Assuming the 300 throttle body is the same as the 250 which I doubt as it's a different system.

Motofool
February 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM
The system needs a vacuum signal "to know" that the engine is working and to open the valve that supplies the drops.

You can run a vacuum tube (available at Autoparts) from any existing vacuum nipple.

If none is free, a T (plastic part also available at Autoparts) inserted in the existing vacuum tube may be necessary.

Forward video to 3:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5KdPdrzqNKo#t=201s

Joshorilla
February 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM
The system needs a vacuum signal "to know" that the engine is working and to open the valve that supplies the drops.

You can run a vacuum tube (available at Autoparts) from any existing vacuum nipple.

If none is free, a T (plastic part also available at Autoparts) inserted in the existing vacuum tube may be necessary.

They come with every part you need to fit it any which way, they have brass T joins and spare vacuum tubing and everything.

It's better to take the vacuum off the throttle body from a blocked off port than go round cutting your tubes as you will be able to revert the system back to normal without buying a new tube.

The scottoiler website may have instructions for you.

tfkrocks
February 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah I was having trouble pulling off the rubber bung on what I am pretty sure was the throttle body. You'd recommend just cutting the bung off then?

Joshorilla
February 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah I was having trouble pulling off the rubber bung on what I am pretty sure was the throttle body. You'd recommend just cutting the bung off then?

That's what I had to do, the spiggot has little rings around it that keeps that sucker on like super glue.

I just ran a sharp knife down it gently till it sliced through and then it was plane sailing.

tfkrocks
February 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I know you have a 250R but does this look like the right part to you? I'm looking from the right side of the bike.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/tfkrocks1990/7a774c13-7fda-4d38-a460-f487ad262d53_zps75287305.jpg

Joshorilla
February 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I know you have a 250R but does this look like the right part to you? I'm looking from the right side of the bike.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/tfkrocks1990/7a774c13-7fda-4d38-a460-f487ad262d53_zps75287305.jpg

Sorry I can't make it out from that photo.

The throttle body is between the airbox and the engine block if that helps.

I removed my fairings, seat and tank to make it easier.

Joshorilla
February 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM
http://carsnbikes.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Ninja-300-DFI-Digital-Fuel-Injection.jpg

This is the throttle body, the silvery lump, the wheel with the cables is your throttle and that attaches to the throttle body.

The grey and black plastic connector bits with the wires I believe are the fuel injectors and the bit on the left is your engine block and the right is the airbox.

Look for rubber tubes coming off this.

tfkrocks
February 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I will give it another go later.