View Full Version : First "real" Ride

grandmaster
January 24th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Well went for an hour ride through the gorge today (the one going from St. George to Masquite). It was quite a fun ride and was the first actual ride I went on. Left about 5 ish and got done at about 6:15. Went with a guy that just moved here (st. george) from illinois with a ZX-10. Damn!!! is all i have to say, that thing is fast, felt like I was holding him back because he could have gone WAY faster.

Cling
January 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Well went for an hour ride through the gorge today (the one going from St. George to Masquite). It was quite a fun ride and was the first actual ride I went on. Left about 5 ish and got done at about 6:15. Went with a guy that just moved here (st. george) from illinois with a ZX-10. Damn!!! is all i have to say, that thing is fast, felt like I was holding him back because he could have gone WAY faster.

I had a ZX10R while I lived in Europe, great bike but really really crappy frame and suspension setup, the thing took A LOT of tuning to get it moving fast and securely around turns.

Alex
January 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I had a ZX10R while I lived in Europe...

What year was your 10?

Cling
January 24th, 2009, 09:06 PM
What year was your 10?

05, the good looking one. :cool:

Alex
January 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
05, the good looking one. :cool:

I do like the look of the 1st-gens. I also like that they sorted out many of the chassis issues with the 2nd-gens. :D (but mine still needed a reworked front end and an Ohlins rear before I was happy with it)

Congrats on the ride, Grandmaster! With some more seat time you'll be able to keep up with any bike on the road as long as you pick the right locations to play (top-speed runs probably aren't that location :thumbup: )

Cling
January 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Congrats on the ride, Grandmaster! With some more seat time you'll be able to keep up with any bike on the road as long as you pick the right locations to play (top-speed runs probably aren't that location :thumbup: )

So true, I was destroying everybody(600's, 1000's, 1098's..) down at the rock store road with the 250, god that thing hauls on the twisty roads.

grandmaster
January 24th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I do like the look of the 1st-gens. I also like that they sorted out many of the chassis issues with the 2nd-gens. :D (but mine still needed a reworked front end and an Ohlins rear before I was happy with it)

Ha ha, yeah if you get on google earth you can probably see the road. It does have some twistie parts, but they aren't very sharp turns. It was still a fun ride though. He even said he was surprised how well I took those turns with only riding the bike for a little over a month.

So true, I was destroying everybody(600's, 1000's, 1098's..) down at the rock store road with the 250, god that thing hauls on the twisty roads.

Good to know. I have a problem though....I am not so much scared to lay it over and turn, its just i don't want to reck haha and I won't know how far i can lean it over before I am going to fall until it actually happens. Any suggestions??

Cling
January 25th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Good to know. I have a problem though....I am not so much scared to lay it over and turn, its just i don't want to reck haha and I won't know how far i can lean it over before I am going to fall until it actually happens. Any suggestions??

You just learn through time and practice my friend, I could tell you to lean until your knee touches, but that just doesnt work because their are MANY different factors that go in to how far you can learn a bike over. Factors that you will learn to hone over time and practice.

aloh
January 25th, 2009, 01:11 AM

I havnet seen you before! I go on drives in malibu every now and then and visit the lookout area above the rockstore every time i do. Its awesome to see all different kinds of cars and bikes out there(though id say half of those bikes are gsx-r's!) I've only seen a 250 once and it was green.

I've yet to take my 250 on canyon runs because quite frankly, I'm still a beginner :( For now, I take my 350Z. Stunt - Piuma is by far my favorite run!

Cling
January 25th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I havnet seen you before! I go on drives in malibu every now and then and visit the lookout area above the rockstore every time i do. Its awesome to see all different kinds of cars and bikes out there(though id say half of those bikes are gsx-r's!) I've only seen a 250 once and it was green.

I've yet to take my 250 on canyon runs because quite frankly, I'm still a beginner :( For now, I take my 350Z. Stunt - Piuma is by far my favorite run!

We'll have to head up on the 250's one of these days, I only took the 250 to rock store once so far. The photographer got me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/3205402237/in/set-72157612660610241/

aloh
January 25th, 2009, 01:25 AM
We'll have to head up on the 250's one of these days, I only took the 250 to rock store once so far. The photographer got me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/3205402237/in/set-72157612660610241/

Awesome pic, though the darn watermark ruins it :mad:

I'd much appreciate it if i had someone out there to help me out and give me some riding tips!

Cling
January 25th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Awesome pic, though the darn watermark ruins it :mad:

I'd much appreciate it if i had someone out there to help me out and give me some riding tips!

Yeah well, I should tell you, my friends all say I am bad luck because anybody and everybody that rides with me always crashes. :thumbup: So far that has held true...

grandmaster
January 25th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I would really just like to try on someone elses bike :D then I wouldn't have to worry about laying it down hahaha. I guess its just a matter of time before I start taking the corners a little tighter and get my ass off the seat (like in the picture) oooo and I want some riding pants.

Alex
January 25th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Stunt - Piuma is by far my favorite run!

Stunt --> Piuma is great fun, wish I could do it more than once a year!

aloh
January 26th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Stunt --> Piuma is great fun, wish I could do it more than once a year!

Well, whenever you decide to make the trip, maybe we could organize a group ride! That would be fun :)

FroggyGreenInSD
February 3rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
I was there with my green 250 on Jan. 10th, maybe you saw me:D I was there with a bunch of Buellers, so the green really stood out. I was riding really mellow that day because I'm still a beginner too, and we had one of our group go down on one of the canyon roads before we got to Mulholland, so I was a little apprehensive, thus no pics of me by the photographer that hangs out there on the weekends.

grandmaster
February 3rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
I don't believe I saw you, but had I seen a bunch of bikers I bet you would have stood out. Do you come down often? Cuz i need some ninjette friends to ride with....There aren't to many twisties here so riding with the R6 is fun, just a little lame ya know. Did you ride it all the way from cali? How was it?