View Full Version : Decline sharp right turn

bbjminardo
February 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
So I just got my bike, got insurance, getting my permit and registering my bike tomorrow but right outside of my neighborhood there is a pretty steep drop in the road on a 90 degree right turn. I will be in the right lane turning right obviously but it seems like a tight turn then a drop in the road. Pretty anxious about having to take that turn. Any videos or advice?:)

csmith12
February 20th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Avoid this route until your comfortable. If you have no choice, take it slow enough to be confident in your control. In general from your perspective at this time, this corner will be no different than any other.

CC Cowboy
February 20th, 2013, 03:47 PM
If you have a bicycle you can practice taking the turn at speed.

Alex
February 20th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Any videos or advice?:)

http://www.roadtrafficsigns.com/img/lg/K/Watch-Out-Dont-Crash-Sign-K-9207.gif

bbjminardo
February 20th, 2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.roadtrafficsigns.com/img/lg/K/Watch-Out-Dont-Crash-Sign-K-9207.gif

Best advice ever!:thumbup:

alex.s
February 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
just do a wheelie over the crest.

bbjminardo
February 20th, 2013, 04:27 PM

Keep it coming I'm getting the best advice ever!!!

BlueHairSar
February 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM

Alternatively, dropping knee while flipping the bird as you go around is an acceptable choice.

Slowing down, turn your head, and stay in the friction zone. In my experience, steep downward hills feel spooky, but engine breaking REALLY works in your favour.

CC Cowboy
February 20th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Slowing down, turn your head, and stay in the friction zone..

I love this solution

Motofool
February 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM
.......Pretty anxious about having to take that turn. Any videos or advice?:)

1) Keep the speed low by staying in lower gears (second or third may be OK) and by using the rear brake (no front brake here for now).

2) For all curves, enter slower than you leave (lead the bike, don't let her lead you).

3) Look far forward, following with your eyes, ahead of time, the path that you want your bike to take.