View Full Version : Blinker Problem

ChrisCusi
February 20th, 2013, 10:36 PM
So today I was inspecting my bike and noticed that my right side blinkers are no longer functioning properly.

The left side flashes like normal - both front and back.

The right side front comes on and stays solid, while the back never comes on at all.

The right icon on the dash remains solid.

I haven't touched anything at all. No wiring, etc. Only thing I've opened up is the rear seat.

Just checked the rear back bulb... it looks to have a good connection and isn't blown.

Any ideas?

BallsOfSteele
February 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Is the bike still under warranty, (i'd assume yes), if so i'd say take it in for warranty, no sense tinkering with it if it is still covered. Just my two cents :2cents:

ChrisCusi
February 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah it is.. and I will be taking it in. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience and found it to be something simple or stupid. Really not worth the trouble when I've got a warranty haha.

BallsOfSteele
February 20th, 2013, 11:43 PM
:thumbup::werd:

Alex
February 21st, 2013, 01:47 AM
I bet it's still that rear bulb. That's exactly how it would behave if that bulb was broken.

ChrisCusi
February 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
I bet it's still that rear bulb. That's exactly how it would behave if that bulb was broken.

Really? Thanks Alex!

beazy411
February 21st, 2013, 09:52 AM
That's exactly what my bike did when one of my bulbs died on me. They are a bit of a pain to find outside the dealership since they are the BAU15s base. I just replaced them with LED's in the rear with a new electronic relay.

ChrisCusi
February 21st, 2013, 11:14 AM
I'm going to take it in Saturday and have them look at it. Probably will just replace the bulb.