View Full Version : Flush mount Signals

darkknight49
January 25th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I noticed how people keep wanting flush mount turn signals for both the aesthetics and just the fact that we don't have to worry about breaking the darn signals off.

I found this kit on ebay and it doesnt stick out at all.
http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/f5/d4/a940_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09-Kawasaki-250r-Flush-Mount-Turn-Signals-250-r-2008_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35598QQihZ022QQitemZ350154468827QQrdZ1QQsspagena meZWDVW

Though some people would be interested. I don't have the money for it at the moment and it seems like it would be hard to see from the front.

ROCKNROLLA
January 25th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I like it but agree, not very viewable I'd imagine :(

Viper-Byte
January 25th, 2009, 11:01 AM
It looks good, but if it doesn't stick out at all, then how is it going to be seen from the front, which is the whole reason that they stick out in the first place :confused:

Sound Wave
January 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
yeah, those look good, but not practical. it almost looks like it is recessed within the opening too. i admit i like the idea of having flush mounts, but it would have to be something more like:
http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/21/7f/409d_1_sbl.JPG

Viper-Byte
January 25th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Now those look nice Gary, you can never have too much carbon fibre :D :drool:

Ninja007
January 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
yeah, those look good, but not practical. it almost looks like it is recessed within the opening too. i admit i like the idea of having flush mounts, but it would have to be something more like:

well it just so happens that I bought those flush mounts and put them on my bike! behold:

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Jake, they look very nice installed there :thumbup:

What is it like removing the fairings with them on? As I see the indicators overlap the side fairings and the front where they part.

Sound Wave
January 27th, 2009, 12:31 AM
how are they attached? is it stuck on with double-sided tape? or is there a bolt behind the fairing that holds it on? also, does it cover part of the "n" in "ninja" on the left side?

thanks.

btw +1 on it looking good!

Ninja007
January 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Jake, they look very nice installed there :thumbup:

What is it like removing the fairings with them on? As I see the indicators overlap the side fairings and the front where they part.

Thank you! Some blokes over at the "other" forum didn't think so highly of them, so it's nice to receive some compliments! :D Fairing removal is fine with them on. They don't obstruct anything with the fairing attachment.

how are they attached? is it stuck on with double-sided tape? or is there a bolt behind the fairing that holds it on? also, does it cover part of the "n" in "ninja" on the left side?

The way they are attached is the only down fall of the signals...I had to drill a small hole for one of the screws to hold it in. There are two screws that hold it in place. One screw you have to drill a small hole for and the other goes through the stock hole already there. They just use a bolt to hold them in place. Also. I was also concerned with them covering up the "Ninja" decals, so I placed them such that they wouldn't. That's why they overlap the fairing a little bit.

GreezMunky
January 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM

Where did you purchase those?

Ninja007
January 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Where did you purchase those?

eBay...:D eBay has EVERYTHING!

Sound Wave
January 27th, 2009, 09:50 AM
yeah on ebay, i have seen those with black housings, orange lens, smoked lens.

plus, they are pretty cheap.

jake thanks for the info. i was afraid of that. i don't think i can get myself to drill into my fairing. too chicken. hehe. really do like how they look though.

Sailariel
January 27th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Jake, Nice job. Looks like you solved my problem. I have a set of 50W Fog lights attached to the fairing using an existing fastener along with the stock directionals. There is simply too much sticking out. (You will see what I mean if you look in the picture section} My Ninja decal is on the tailpiece--came that way, so there will be no problem locationwise. I have to have the fog lights since I live right on the ocean side and we usually have some decent fog till about 10AM. Thanks for solving my problem. Your bike looks really sharp.

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Thank you! Some blokes over at the "other" forum didn't think so highly of them, so it's nice to receive some compliments! :D Fairing removal is fine with them on. They don't obstruct anything with the fairing attachment.

The way they are attached is the only down fall of the signals...I had to drill a small hole for one of the screws to hold it in. There are two screws that hold it in place. One screw you have to drill a small hole for and the other goes through the stock hole already there. They just use a bolt to hold them in place. Also. I was also concerned with them covering up the "Ninja" decals, so I placed them such that they wouldn't. That's why they overlap the fairing a little bit. NP :) The "other" side is a lot different to here, which is what makes this such a great forum :D

I don't suppose it is possible to get some pics of one of them removed so we can see the holes you made for them to attach? :D

Ninja007
January 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
jake thanks for the info. i was afraid of that. i don't think i can get myself to drill into my fairing. too chicken. hehe. really do like how they look though.

when I bought the signals, I didn't know I was going to have to drill into my fairing either. I was hesitant, but figured I wouldn't be selling the bike later on or anything, so went ahead. It really is a small hole and I just used a drill. was pretty simple actually. I like the way they look too. I'm actually going to get some "smoke" paint and smoke over the clear casing. :thumbup:

Jake, Nice job. Looks like you solved my problem. I have a set of 50W Fog lights attached to the fairing using an existing fastener along with the stock directionals. There is simply too much sticking out. (You will see what I mean if you look in the picture section} My Ninja decal is on the tailpiece--came that way, so there will be no problem locationwise. I have to have the fog lights since I live right on the ocean side and we usually have some decent fog till about 10AM. Thanks for solving my problem. Your bike looks really sharp.

you are very welcome! :D so are you thinking of getting these flush mounts then?

NP :) The "other" side is a lot different to here, which is what makes this such a great forum :D

I don't suppose it is possible to get some pics of one of them removed so we can see the holes you made for them to attach? :D

uhhh, I would but it's about 5 degrees outside right now and yeah...to not beat around the bush, no, I won't be able to get any pics soon. but later this spring maybe...I know that's of no help, but yeah...

Sailariel
January 27th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Jake, That`s for sure. I think you found just what I was looking for. Someone said something to the effect that you can`t have enough Carbon Fibre. That`s for sure with the bikes I build (Very fast custom road bicycles). Just finished a 30SP--Triple chainrings and 10SP casette, that weighs 16lbs. Goes like a bat out of hell on the rollers. Can`t wait to try her out on the road.

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 06:50 PM
uhhh, I would but it's about 5 degrees outside right now and yeah...to not beat around the bush, no, I won't be able to get any pics soon. but later this spring maybe...I know that's of no help, but yeah... OK, that is fine.

Someone said something to the effect that you can`t have enough Carbon Fibre. I do believe that was me :D

Ninja007
January 27th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Someone said something to the effect that you can`t have enough Carbon Fibre.

damn straight Alex! I dig the carbon fiber too. I'm gonna install a Yoshi carbon fiber full exhaust this spring. Pretty stoked. :thumbup:

Just finished a 30SP--Triple chainrings and 10SP casette, that weighs 16lbs. Goes like a bat out of hell on the rollers. Can`t wait to try her out on the road.

Also Alex, I'm pretty new to the motorcycle realm, what exactly is "a 30SP--Triple chainrings and 10SP casette"? I'm interested in what this mod does performance wise.

I love these forums, I'm like a sponge soaking up knowledge and experience from fellow 250 riders! Hehe! :D

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
damn straight Alex! I dig the carbon fiber too. I'm gonna install a Yoshi carbon fiber full exhaust this spring. Pretty stoked. :thumbup:

Also Alex, I'm pretty new to the motorcycle realm, what exactly is "a 30SP--Triple chainrings and 10SP casette"? I'm interested in what this mod does performance wise.

I love these forums, I'm like a sponge soaking up knowledge and experience from fellow 250 riders! Hehe! :D I have a CF AreaP in transit :D LOL@ us boys and our toys :p

I believe that this is a road push bike, not a motorbike. and it is 30 speed (number of gears)

Ninja007
January 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I believe that this is a road push bike, not a motorbike. and it is 30 speed (number of gears)

OOOOOOoooohhhhhhh!!!!!! :bangdesk: road bike as in a bicycle with pedals and yeah...wow I feel dumb...

thanks viper for watching me back! also, just curious, why did you choose the area p over the yoshi? preference? looks?

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Ha ha ha, I had to think about it before I clicked.

I got it because of the looks, and the sounds mainly. I have only heard sound clips of the exhausts and I know this is not the best way to judge, but the AP just sounded exactly like what I am looking for.

kkim
January 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
did you get the regular or quiet core muffler?

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I got the quiet core.

Sigh, I really need to work on staying on topic! LOL.

Blue Monkey
February 14th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Good choice. I had the regular(too loud imo) and switched it out for the quiet core which is still plenty loud.

JaeL
April 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
well it just so happens that I bought those flush mounts and put them on my bike! behold:

I have these exact pair, and personally I wish I wouldn't have punched holes in my fairing for these. I've found some truely flush ones that are much more appealing.:mad:

kkim
April 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
I've found some truely flush ones that are much more appealing.:mad: ...and those are??? :)

JaeL
April 3rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
...and those are??? :)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/Jreal10/2551_1-1.jpg

Sound Wave
April 3rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
so how do those mount?

Buffalony
April 4th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Not like Protons I'd imagine. But much better in cost?

voodoomaster
April 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
so how do those mount?

...and where did you find them then??:cool:

voodoomaster
April 4th, 2009, 08:04 AM
...and where did you find them then??:cool:

Nevermind...I found the 3BBB website and redirected to EBAY UK. Nice find.:thumbup:

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 7th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Not to hijack the topic, but this is somewhat related- I'm going to install some rear blinkers but to do so, I need to drill into the rear fairings. Has anyone had experience drilling into the fairings? Is there any specific technique or anything I need to be aware of? My biggest fear is that they will somehow crack or something while Im drilling into them. Any advice would be solid. thanks.

Buffalony
April 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Not to hijack the topic, but this is somewhat related- I'm going to install some rear blinkers but to do so, I need to drill into the rear fairings. Has anyone had experience drilling into the fairings? Is there any specific technique or anything I need to be aware of? My biggest fear is that they will somehow crack or something while Im drilling into them. Any advice would be solid. thanks.

I would put some masking tape on the surface so paint cant chip. probably not needed but cant hurt to be safe.

Rynownd
April 8th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I would put some masking tape on the surface so paint cant chip. probably not needed but cant hurt to be safe.

That's exactly what I did. No problems at all. I was drilling a super small hole, but the drill went right through. Just get it done quick as not to generate a lot of heat and melt the plastic.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 8th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Solid. Thanks guys.

JaeL
April 12th, 2009, 03:10 PM
so how do those mount?

By drilling holes into the well were the stock sigs are. But be careful bc theres knot much space on the back side for the nuts and washers.

Buffalony
April 12th, 2009, 06:49 PM
By drilling holes into the well were the stock sigs are. But be careful bc theres knot much space on the back side for the nuts and washers.

Do you have a pic of these on the bike?

ohthatsgood
April 13th, 2009, 12:24 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/Jreal10/2551_1-1.jpg

i ordered 2 set of these on friday for the front and rear. should have them soon, and i will post pics.

Buffalony
April 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
i ordered 2 set of these on friday for the front and rear. should have them soon, and i will post pics.

K. Til then.

voodoomaster
April 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM

Got mine in today, and they look like they will be fitting on quite micely on the front. :D

miks
April 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
You reckon you can post up a couple of pictures when they're installed?

Buffalony
April 14th, 2009, 11:06 AM
:worthlesswithoutpic
:D

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Ok finally got my rear turn signals in the mail from ebay. I'll post pics up later when I get them on. they came staright from Hong Kong and the seller even threw in an awesome Lexus key ring. Now all I need is a matching Lexus!

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 20th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Ok I got my blinkers in the mail today and went to install them. Good thing I tested them out before I started drilling any holes. I hooked up the left signal to test it out and it would only light up but it wouldn't blink. Each signal has a red wire and a white wire. Here is a picture of the ones I got. I'm guessing I need a relay or something like that but I have absolutely no clue what exactly I need or how to hook it up. For more info, here is the ebay link that I got them from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260386659853&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Rynownd
April 20th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Ok I got my blinkers in the mail today and went to install them. Good thing I tested them out before I started drilling any holes. I hooked up the left signal to test it out and it would only light up but it wouldn't blink. Each signal has a red wire and a white wire. Here is a picture of the ones I got. I'm guessing I need a relay or something like that but I have absolutely no clue what exactly I need or how to hook it up. For more info, here is the ebay link that I got them from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260386659853&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Time to beat that horse again! haha You need resistors or a new relay. Im not too sure you have an Auto Zone in Guam, but they have the Relay you need there (which is definitely a better idea than resistors.) In any case, check this http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15282&page=2 post #63. That relay works. If you don't have a Auto Zone, and can wait, I will be replacing the resistors I used with that relay soon, and I will send it to you for next to nothin' (5 USD + shipping).

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 20th, 2009, 06:13 AM
I dont think we have an autozone but we've got a bunch of NAPAs. Anyhow, I know this has been asked before but how do you wire the relay? Is there a chart or some DIY pics on this?

Rynownd
April 20th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I dont think we have an autozone but we've got a bunch of NAPAs. Anyhow, I know this has been asked before but how do you wire the relay? Is there a chart or some DIY pics on this?

The stock relay is under the left rear plastic. Just take off the plastic and it's hanging on a little rubber thing mounted to the chassis. There is a plug going into the bottom of it with two prongs opposed at 90 degrees to one another. Just pull the plug out and stick it in the new one. You'll probably have to figure out a new way to mount it. I plan on just wrapping a rubber band around it.

Right about here:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/ecstasyofgold/DSCN0724-1.jpg

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 20th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks. I'll see if I can pick one of those up and install it. Its such a bummer because the guy I got the idea from on kawiforums said the blinkers were just plug and play. Hopefully everything goes well with the relay.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
OK so I picked up a 2 prong relay and I hope to swap it out. Ryne- the area you circled in the pic for the location of the stock relay- is that for the rear or front signals or both?
I just need the rear LED signals to flash. If I ever change out the front signals I'm going to just use iridescents. I don't want to swap out the relay then have the front signals start screwing up. TIA

Rynownd
April 22nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
OK so I picked up a 2 prong relay and I hope to swap it out. Ryne- the area you circled in the pic for the location of the stock relay- is that for the rear or front signals or both?
I just need the rear LED signals to flash. If I ever change out the front signals I'm going to just use iridescents. I don't want to swap out the relay then have the front signals start screwing up. TIA

That's the relay for the entire turn signal circuit. As far as I know, you should be good to go with LEDs in the rear, stock up front. Granted I'm no expert, but from what I have read all over the place, you should not have any problems. Just unplug the stock relay, plug in your electronic relay, mount it, and let her rip.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Ryne thanks for the help. I hope everything works out!

Rynownd
April 22nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Ryne thanks for the help. I hope everything works out!

Me too, Chris! Don't forget to post pics of the result.

Cochese
April 27th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Tag for result!

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Here is a pic of the signals. I posted these in another thread. If you want I can get some shots of them flashing, but I figure you can probably just imagine it...or look at this pic and blink alot...

muffinman
April 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Here is a pic of the signals. I posted these in another thread. If you want I can get some shots of them flashing, but I figure you can probably just imagine it...or look at this pic and blink alot...

lol.

Looks great man, well done :thumbup:

Anyone with pics of the front blinkers?

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 27th, 2009, 11:20 PM
My front blinkers are just stockers. As much as I hate the stock blinkers, I like the visibility they provide in the front. Maybe if I find the right option I'll swap them out, but for now I've got too many other mods on the waiting list to worry about changing them.

Rynownd
April 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
My front blinkers are just stockers. As much as I hate the stock blinkers, I like the visibility they provide in the front. Maybe if I find the right option I'll swap them out, but for now I've got too many other mods on the waiting list to worry about changing them.

So you found the flasher(relay), replaced it, and it worked?

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 29th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Yea thanks. It worked no probs. The only thing that was kind of skethcy is how I mounted the relay in there. I just electrical taped the crap out of it until I can think of a better way to secure it.