View Full Version : Ebay Levers

Blystr842
February 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
So I ordered two sets of shorty levers on Ebay from China and they arrived tonight. I believe they were about $30 per pair. I initially wanted some ASV levers but I'm not into street riding enough yet to buy $140 nice levers when I can buy cheap Ebay stuff. Maybe after I get rid of the MX bike or take a break from RC I'll start doing some "legit" mods but until then I'm only doing minor cheap things.

Here are a few pics of mine and my lady's levers. I'll do pics of the install after I get them on (probably Sunday). I will also do a review after we have both put a decent amount of miles on the levers.

jpbear
February 21st, 2013, 09:47 PM
Blystr842

Looks neat.. do write a review on how they fit

psych0hans
February 21st, 2013, 09:47 PM
:thumbup: lookin good...

bkh2
February 21st, 2013, 10:27 PM
I ordered a set of these as well. How long did yours take to ship? I will be looking forward to your review of them.

Blystr842
February 21st, 2013, 11:12 PM
They were delayed 10 days on shipping because I purchased them at the beginning of the "Chinese Spring Festival" which lasts for 10 days thus their post offices are closed the entire time. I think once they shipped out I think it took 5 or 6 days.

I believe dablue1 already did a review on these a while back. If I remember right it's posted on ninja250forum.com.

cuong-nutz
February 21st, 2013, 11:48 PM
Dablue1's review:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64704

Bearz: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115556

Live2ride: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64213

azimmer1: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83286

Davidb32
February 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
I put a set on mine last week. I think they are great and super easy to install.

S1att3r
February 22nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
A friend of mine has these on his CBR250R and he likes them. Hes trying to get his brother and me to buy some for our bikes.

xSean13
February 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
I got mine from the2wheels. The little notch that presses in the switch to disable the front brake light was too short though. The black adjustable switch has faded in color and now looks like a black chrome (has a red hue). I had emailed them and they said they'd send a new piece of the lever with a longer notch but I never got it. Oh well, a little bit of cardboard and tape fixed it.

Let me know how you like the shorties...I opted for the regular length and am glad I did.

bkh2
February 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
I got mine from the2wheels. The little notch that presses in the switch to disable the front brake light was too short though. The black adjustable switch has faded in color and now looks like a black chrome (has a red hue). I had emailed them and they said they'd send a new piece of the lever with a longer notch but I never got it. Oh well, a little bit of cardboard and tape fixed it.

Let me know how you like the shorties...I opted for the regular length and am glad I did.

Uh oh, I got mine from them as well. I hope that notch issue was an anomaly. I asked for a short brake lever and a regular clutch lever. I hope it doesn't look too awkward...

Davidb32
February 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
I got mine from the2wheels also. I have had no issues with mine. I'm also glad I went with the shorties. They feel much better then the stock levers to me :)

xSean13
February 22nd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Uh oh, I got mine from them as well. I hope that notch issue was an anomaly. I asked for a short brake lever and a regular clutch lever. I hope it doesn't look too awkward...

Yeah I imagine it was indeed, i'm sure everything will be fine.

NewbieNinja
February 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Just ordered some for my Gsxr last week.. I've seen good reviews on ninjas here, wonder if I'll have any problems for my Gsxr

Blystr842
February 25th, 2013, 11:44 PM
I put them on, and they fit nicely! Easy to install, work well, feel good.

Had one hiccup... when I was putting on the clutch lever on my gf's bike, I didn't pay attention to the actuating switch that pushes against the clutch lever. I pushed the lever on and snapped off the end of the actuating pin.
I'm not sure what the switch is for, I'm sure it's some sort of clutch engaged/disengaged sensor. I rode the bike around for maybe 10 miles and didn't notice the bike acting funny in any way.

I'll attach a pic of the sensor on my bike (intact) and the broken part from the gf's bike. I wouldn't mind someone letting me know what the part is, how much it costs, and if it's something that should be replaced/fixed asap. :D
Second pic will be the working switch on my bike with the new lever installed.

I'll post pics of installed levers tomorrow if I get done tuning RC's early enough.

Havok
February 27th, 2013, 10:56 AM
They are great levers, tons of people have used them with no issues. The fading on them is normal for anodized anything left in the sun. I have crg levers that are faded the exact same way.

cookiebug79
February 27th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I put them on, and they fit nicely! Easy to install, work well, feel good.

Had one hiccup... when I was putting on the clutch lever on my gf's bike, I didn't pay attention to the actuating switch that pushes against the clutch lever. I pushed the lever on and snapped off the end of the actuating pin.
I'm not sure what the switch is for, I'm sure it's some sort of clutch engaged/disengaged sensor. I rode the bike around for maybe 10 miles and didn't notice the bike acting funny in any way.

I'll attach a pic of the sensor on my bike (intact) and the broken part from the gf's bike. I wouldn't mind someone letting me know what the part is, how much it costs, and if it's something that should be replaced/fixed asap. :D
Second pic will be the working switch on my bike with the new lever installed.

I'll post pics of installed levers tomorrow if I get done tuning RC's early enough.

The part you broke is the clutch engagement sensor that allows you to start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in. It's not an "OMG MUST HAVE NOW" part, but nice to have when you kill it at a stop light or when loading it up into a truck (clutching it up). You can get just that electronic piece at Ronayres.com for less than $30. There are 2 screws that hold it on to the clutch lever perch.

Blystr842
February 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM
The part you broke is the clutch engagement sensor that allows you to start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in. It's not an "OMG MUST HAVE NOW" part, but nice to have when you kill it at a stop light or when loading it up into a truck (clutching it up). You can get just that electronic piece at Ronayres.com for less than $30. There are 2 screws that hold it on to the clutch lever perch.

Thanks much! I figured that's what the switch is for. I've already taken it off, I was about to take it apart and tap a small screw into it at the same length of the original sensor if possible. But for $30 I could save myself some time and headache. Thanks again!

Joshorilla
February 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I got a pair from the2wheels for very cheap, black with a green selector. Very tidy.

mfresh
February 27th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I actually got a similar pair off of ebay in last week and installed them this past Sunday.

They were shorty levers in silver with black adjusters.

I have to say when they came in I was pretty surprised with how nice they looked. Pretty damn solid pieces of aluminum.

Replacing the brake lever was a piece of cake. The clutch lever took a bit more work. I unfortunately stripped the bottom portion of the pivot bolt so the pivot bolt nut no longer screws on... sigh.

Other than that they look great. I did notice a bit of vertical "play" on them though, not sure if that is normal. You can wiggle the levers up and down a bit.

Do yours do the same?

Blystr842
February 27th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Mine have much more vertical play than the stock levers but from my experience with motocross, I like it like that. Helps keep levers from breaking during falls.

They feel great, work well, look awesome. I really want to go ride this weekend but I'll be racing out of town :(

Joshorilla
February 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
One of my stock levers had a lot of play the other none, now they both have a bit of play, it doesn't bother me, the bolts stay tight.

mfresh
February 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah now that you mention it I actually kind of like it like this. Doesn't really bother me. Was just curious if others were the same.

I did notice there was a screw of some sort on the levers you could probably tighten to reduce the wiggle but I was afraid of stripping it so I passed on messing with it.

They really are great levers, especially for the price.

Glad I went with the shorties. I normally only keep 2 fingers on the brake but I use all of my fingers for my clutch so I was a bit worried. They are long enough to where I can use all my fingers for the clutch without any issue.

:D

Blystr842
February 27th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Yup I like some play in my levers. I rode a couple bikes that had no play in the lever and it just didn't feel "right" to me.

I was also curious if anyone else had this much play in their levers. I'm glad I went with these. I got the shorties because I always used two fingers on my MX bikes, so it only felt natural to do it on the Ninjette.

You could have gotten a shorty for the brake and a standard length for the clutch. I honestly considered doing it myself but using four fingers just feels too alien.

mfresh
February 27th, 2013, 04:18 PM
To be honest I am not sure there is enough clearance for me to pull the clutch with only 2 fingers without hitting my other fingers on the bar.

Unless my clutch pull is just way too tight or something. I wonder if you can adjust this? It does seem to take a good bit of effort to pull in the clutch lever. More than I think would feel comfortable to do with 2 fingers...