View Full Version : Stained Glass Tyke

BlueTyke
January 25th, 2009, 02:33 PM
So I got bored and was poking around the Worth100 site (its a photoshop site that posts contests for manipulating/photoshoping things... ) and I saw a contest for creating a stained glass image.. So i thought why not...

I didn't finish in time to submit it but here is Tyke, stained glass style..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/S2_Rp/Photoshop/StainedGlassTyke.jpg

KJohnson21
January 25th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Looks pretty good. :)

Is that as tedious as it looks, or is it one of those "magic filter" things?

BlueTyke
January 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
All of the outlining was a real pain... But needless to say I now have a saved outline of Tyke for anytime I need one :)

The rest was just coloring in the lines (On a different layer) then applying the magic filters :)

KJohnson21
January 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure if there was an auto-tracing tool or something like that. I've never done serious work with Photo Shop, but I've worked with some people that use it professionally. I'm always amazed when I watch them take a picture and run it through a number of steps to create a finished product with all of the right touches. Practice makes perfect I suppose.

:)

Sailariel
January 25th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Sunny, Showed your work to my wife (she does stained glass) Said it would be pretty advanced but doable--would not be as detailed--but would look sharp.

BlueTyke
January 25th, 2009, 06:19 PM
LOL I would never think of starting a new hobby! Especially stained glass!

There are not nearly enough lines to actually support it and to many odd shapes. I took a craft class in highschool and we did a bit of stained glass and I... well I don't know how people do it. I can knitt, crochet, cross stitch, make jewerly, work with a potters wheel, sculpt.. and a marrid of other crafty things but glass work?? No thanks!

Sailariel
January 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Sunny, That`s for sure. Glass work is really tough. I would not have the patience. Wife loves it and is really good at it. Current project is our front door. Looks like it will be really nice.

BlueTyke
January 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I wish her all the luck! It is also very expensive to get the colored glass and other materials!

Your door should be awesome when it's done! be sure to post some pictures!