we have rain :(

Alex
January 27th, 2009, 10:32 AM
:worthlesswithoutpic

kkim
January 27th, 2009, 11:47 AM

smatter??? you don't know what snow looks like? :confused:

... on second thought, neither do I, so...

HKr1
January 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM
It's so nice out today, I felt like taking half day off to go riding :)

CC Cowboy
January 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I rode today. It was tuff but I did it anyway.

BlueTyke
January 27th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I am not going to bring my camera with me to work.... I get in trouble because I am supposed to be working... And the internet was slow at work today.

Here is my car after lunch, they ordered in so I didn't leave but my car at least was happy to see me when I left at the end of the day!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/S2_Rp/Other/Photo_012709_002.jpg

HKr1
January 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
^ How come you didnt spell out "Ninjette" ^

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
^ How come you didnt spell out "Ninjette" ^ Cause it is on the car?? :p

BlueTyke
January 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
and the smile took up to much room :)
Posted via Mobile Device

TrueFaith
January 28th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Can you say "Winter From Hell"? Another 5-8" of snow due here today (with a bit of freezing rain and sleet mixed in for good measure) on top of the foot that's already on the ground. This is like the 8th snow storm New England has received in just over a month. I'm putting more mileage on my snow blower than I did on my bike last season! :mad:

BlueTyke
January 28th, 2009, 07:32 AM
It all turned to ice this morning :(

xTKx
January 28th, 2009, 10:13 AM
It iced over last night here in central TX. But, lo and behold, it's back up into the 50's by this afternoon and by tomorrow, same temps with hardly a cloud in the sky :)

Sailariel
January 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sunny, My friend with the BMW from Silver Spring MD called this morning and said it was snowing quite hard. Here, the schools let out early and the City Government closed down. It is coming down pretty hard now and we are expecting a minimum of 12 inches. I suspect it will be more like 18 to 21.

xTKx
January 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Sunny, My friend with the BMW from Silver Spring MD called this morning and said it was snowing quite hard. Here, the schools let out early and the City Government closed down. It is coming down pretty hard now and we are expecting a minimum of 12 inches. I suspect it will be more like 18 to 21.

Honestly I can't even imagine what it would be like with that much snow! I've seen real snow like maybe 2-3 times in my whole life...

NJD022588
January 28th, 2009, 09:10 PM
we were supposed to get snow followed by lots of ice
schools for miles around closed on the forecast
we have rain :(

What? Schools closed? Why not my school?

Rainy days suck! Not only can I not take the bike to school, but I have to walk forever in the rain.

TrueFaith
January 29th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Aye Caramba! Just ventured outside to pick up the morning paper and fell right on my ass! Everything completely froze over here last night and ice is everywhere. You can imagine what happens when you get 5" of snow followed by an inch of rain followed by below-freezing temperatures. Even the snow on the ground is frozen solid. Glad I decided to clear my driveway last night, but now it's a freaking ice skating rink. Man, this winter can't go away fast enough! :(

BlueTyke
January 29th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I hope you weren't just in a robe!

Sorry you fell. I have yet to exerpience that and hope I never do. Here the snow had turned to snow sandwhiched between ice. it was quiet interesting walking to my car. Not to bad though really it could have been worse. Our weather has been light compared to some others.

I was just looking at Yahoo and there is some people hit by this storm that may be out of power until mid February! Can you believe that!!

TrueFaith
January 29th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I hope you weren't just in a robe!

Sorry you fell. I have yet to exerpience that and hope I never do. Here the snow had turned to snow sandwhiched between ice. it was quiet interesting walking to my car. Not to bad though really it could have been worse. Our weather has been light compared to some others.

I was just looking at Yahoo and there is some people hit by this storm that may be out of power until mid February! Can you believe that!!

Hell, I've taken a lot worse spills on ice. Happens once or twice a year. That's why all the old folks up here move to Florida to retire. You practically have to wrap yourself in bubble-pack to avoid injury on some winter days.
I can certainly believe what you note about the power outages, since I was without power for 4 days during an ice storm last month and some neighboring towns had people who were without power for up to 2 weeks! For some reason my power came back on, but not my nearest neighbor's. His didn't come back on for 2 more days. I ran a 100' extention cord from my house to his so he could at least run his refrigerator and a small electric heater, but it was like living on the frontier here for a while! :eek:

BlueTyke
January 29th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Awww...Thats very nice of you!

On a side note... Who needs to run the fridge? Fill a few metal pales with snow and stick it in the fridge. It's just a large ice chest! :D

Sailariel
January 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
The longest we lost power here so far has been seven hours. Since we are caring for my 86 year old father-in-law, we have an auxiliary generator-a 5000W Kawasaki--Blue. It won`t power the whole house but supplies power to the oil furnaces, refrigerator, and some lights. Runs four hours on a quart of gas. Ran the snow blower three hours last night and four hours this morning. We got some freezing rain overnight and everything was crusted over this morning. Then I spent another couple of hours shoveling the snow off the boat. I did start the diesel inboard and put it in gear. All the floating ice around the boat went bye hopefully for several days. Tonight I am teaching a class on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Everybody will probably expect me to talk about PTSD in War Vets---Surprise! I will be talking about Rape Victims and how the judicial system rapes these women over and over.It should be a good gig.

BlueTyke
January 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM
That was an interesting transition of thoughts from clearing the snow off/away from your boat to PTSD on Rape Victims...

Sailariel
January 29th, 2009, 02:01 PM
It`s going to be one of those days that I have been on the go since 7AM--probably won`t get home till 9. Moving snow around is one of those brainless activities that allow one to mentally prepare for another task. Works great if you don`t stick your hand in the snow blower. I usually don`t teach, but tonight I am filling in for a friend who has a bad case of bronchitis.

BlueTyke
January 29th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Aaah I had wondered where that train of thought had come in. :) Makes a bit more sense now.

I wish you the best in your nights endvours as I do not wish PTSD on anyone.

Sailariel
January 30th, 2009, 12:07 PM
The gig went quite well. Getting there was another story. The streets were downright treacherous. You slid on glare ice between patches of sand. Here on the coast of Maine we average about 36" of snow for the whole winter--so the towns along the coast don`t budget in a lot of sand, salt, and snow removal apparatus. The way they are getting rid of the snow in town is with a front loader and dump trucks. The trucks drive to the outskirts of town and dump the snow where another front loader piles it as high as his machine permits. This goes on all night--downtown getting first priority, so that people have a place to park while they shop. I think we got to one degree above freezing. Tuesday we are slated for a Nor`easter which is supposed to give us torrential rain. I am glad that our home is on top of a hill. I suspect that there will be a flood issue. The good news is that this pattern usually means that we will have spring in about six weeks. I have been studying the log book for our boat--went back 16 years, and that pattern usually meant an early spring. In 2001 we were sailing in March, ditto, 2005. We seem to be running four year cycles.

xTKx
January 30th, 2009, 12:36 PM
...I have been studying the log book for our boat--went back 16 years, and that pattern usually meant an early spring. In 2001 we were sailing in March, ditto, 2005. We seem to be running four year cycles.

Sry about the crummy weather :( But that's a very intuitive observation you've made there... :thumbup:

Broom
January 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM
yesterday morning everything was covered in ice here in Dallas. today its just over 60º and sunny... haha

Strider
January 30th, 2009, 06:04 PM
No snow here ... just 22 degrees last night ...

CC Cowboy
January 31st, 2009, 01:31 PM
NICE HERE! Sorry, was I not supposed to say that?

CRXTrek
January 31st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Here is a few Snow Shots............

BlueTyke
January 31st, 2009, 05:17 PM
More guts than I do Steve!!

I went out and 'played' :photo:

Currently weeding the crops and working on uploading them

CC Cowboy
January 31st, 2009, 05:56 PM
CRXTrek, is that ethol on the right pump?

BlueTyke
January 31st, 2009, 06:19 PM
I.... must.... Play.... with.... that.... picture....

CRXTrek
January 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM
CRXTrek, is that ethol on the right pump?

Gold Crown Super Premium for 29 9/10ths cents a gal. :confused:
The last to to use the pump got .40 cents worth

BlueTyke
January 31st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Steve!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/S2_Rp/Photoshop/StevesOldSchool.jpg

sorry... I tried resisting, my above post is evidence... :D

TrueFaith
February 2nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Hey, is that a 600? (sorry, couldn't resist.)
They just forecasted another snow storm arriving tonight with 4-5" on top of what we already have. Please kill me now. :confused:

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
Nah it wouldn't be worth killin ya. Only a month or two more... Or so I keep telling myself :D

noche_caliente
February 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm watching snow stick outside of my living room as we speak.... I want it to stop now, OR make enough that I can have a delay/day off tomorrow! My God-daughter is going to be born tomorrow, so a day off would be great

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
How exciting Kim!! I wish you luck in that!

We are supposed to get hit again tonight/tomorrow. We will see how that goes though!

Sailariel
February 2nd, 2009, 07:21 PM
We have a 5` Post light in front of the house and the snow is within 18" from the light. The berm on both sides of our driveway is 6`. Right now I am tracking a storm coming up the Atlantic. My prediction is that it will stay East of us and hit Nova Scotia. Another one is gathering North East of us in Canada and will roll across the Great Lakes and clobber Central New York, southern Vermont, New Hampshire, and southern Maine. We may get 2 to 4 inches out of that one. My boat`s Radar showed nothing within 24 miles and the weather charts I got on our Weatherfax pretty much confirmed my prediction. During our 14 years living on our boat, weather forcasting was one of my more productive hobbies. Since the boat stayed in the water this winter, I can go aboard and fire up the radar, Short Wave radio transmitter, and weatherfax. All systems are operational. If it wasn`t for the ice in the harbour, all I would need to do to go for a sail is to untie the docklines, unplug the 30A power, and raise the sails.

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
Good luck Alex! Sounds very cold!