View Full Version : 250R Crash Kit

ROCKNROLLA
January 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.surfsidemoto.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SSM&Product_Code=OFDSCKK&Category_Code=Shogun

Looks pretty good :)

kazam58
January 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
that's a lotta money though! :eek:

Sound Wave
January 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM
that's a lotta money though! :eek:
i got that crash kit installed on my bike. can't give any info on how it was to install since i had a shop do it for me. seems like a quality piece. not sure if the bar end sliders were really needed, but they were included in the kit so i had them put on as well.

it is kind of pricey, but i consider it insurance.

Guinss
January 28th, 2009, 03:20 AM
why is it 3 times more than the ones for the newest zx10r?

ROCKNROLLA
January 28th, 2009, 03:31 AM
idont knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Guinss
January 28th, 2009, 04:25 AM
idont knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:D

its not fair. zx10r fairings are more expensive.

im not gonna buy till their under $50..got full insurance also :p

ROCKNROLLA
January 28th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I might just get some frame sliders and maybe bigger spools
(saw some that acted as like.. spools + frame sliders)

CC Cowboy
January 28th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I'm just not going to crash.

ROCKNROLLA
January 28th, 2009, 06:44 AM

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Guinss
January 28th, 2009, 07:36 AM

me neither. if you buy those crash protectors, its like saying "HEY im a bad driver, im gonna crash..!" :D

Sound Wave
January 28th, 2009, 09:27 AM

me neither. if you buy those crash protectors, its like saying "HEY im a bad driver, im gonna crash..!" :D
yeah, you better not wear a helmet and gear either huh? it might send the wrong message too. :D

Guinss
January 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM
yeah, you better not wear a helmet and gear either huh? it might send the wrong message too. :D

hehe, that is correct :D

but, that isnt just bs..if i not wear full riding-gear, im not nearly as confident as usually. f.ex. without gloves i drive really slowly :p
so, without gear and crash kit, i would never have a crash :)

Sound Wave
January 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM
well, i don't know if i just totally wasted my money on that crash kit. i just feel more confident, so i guess it was worth it. this is my first bike so i figured i should play it safe.

i heard it probably won't do much in an actual crash, but will help if i drop it while stopped or something like that.

Guinss
January 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
well, i don't know if i just totally wasted my money on that crash kit. i just feel more confident, so i guess it was worth it. this is my first bike so i figured i should play it safe.

i heard it probably won't do much in an actual crash, but will help if i drop it while stopped or something like that.

i wouldnt say its wasted if you got the money :) and that it makes you more confident is great.

I think it will help alot if bike starts to slide on the ground. but if you hit anything, then its no help ofcourse.
and as you mentioned, dropping the bike when its at a standstill. then you can "get back" those $200 with ease. fairings aint cheap.

Sound Wave
January 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
why is it 3 times more than the ones for the newest zx10r?
the 250r kit is much more substantial. also there is no fairing cutting involved. although you will need to trim the countershaft cover (hope my links work)

the zx10r kit is just mounted to one bolt and you have to drill a hole in the fairings
http://www.moto911.com/pdf/750-4939.pdf?osCsid=mpmm56nahodousl2es7og54pr7

the 250r, is a bar that is mounted to 2 frame points and has the slider protruding through the existing fairing opening, so there is no cutting of the fairing involved.

http://www.moto911.com/pdf/750-4119.pdf?osCsid=mpmm56nahodousl2es7og54pr7

CRXTrek
January 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
The price of these............ will Pay my full coverage no deductable insurance premiums for Two Years :D

Broom
January 28th, 2009, 11:33 AM
already a thread for this set:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11224

Bill05
January 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I bought it too. It seems worth it to me. Since a replacement fairing is more than what I paid for the whole kit. Frame sliders are easy to put on as long as you have a jack and something to cut the sprocket cover(I think that what its called). I used a grinder and a carbide bit.

ROCKNROLLA
January 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Full insurance cover for me will be $2500 :(

TnNinjaGirl
January 28th, 2009, 08:20 PM
About $600 a year for me. Blah... Costs as much as my car... My dad has 3 cars and a boat insured for what it costs me to insure just my bike, let alone my car. And they say there are no perks to growing old.

darkknight49
January 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM

I love that idea! I think Ima do it too.

Viper-Byte
January 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Full cover for my bike (only) in my parents name with me as the rider is $800 NZD a year. (cheapest way to get full cover for me)

A co-worker just got his insurance bill for his car, home and contents, $400 :eek: