View Full Version : wheres the love?

Lychee
March 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I've noticed a lot of hate for ninjette.org on barf lately. funny that one of them came from here and rejected ninjette.org for maturity reasons, although the proliferation of the phrase "was she hawt?" and the public persona non grata banning of one of their members is pretty enlightening about barf as well. I'm with Jason on this one, all riders on any forum are part of one big community to me. I think it is sad that some riders don't feel the same way. I'll still throw out a peace sign though. :D

Joshorilla
March 9th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Who cares? In life you need to Stop caring what other people think of you, it's their problem if they don't like you, not yours.

Can you link to a thread? I need a laugh.

Motofool
March 9th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I agree with Josh's post above.

It is always good that somebody talks about you, good or bad:

"A sad thing it is to not have friends, but even sadder must it be not having any enemies; that a man should have no enemies is a sign that he has no talent to outshine others, nor character that inspires, nor valor that is feared, nor honor to be rumored, nor goods to be coveted, nor anything to be envied." - Jose Marti

I've noticed a lot of hate for ninjette.org on barf lately......

For me, it is more personal opinions and preferences than a lot of hate:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424786

Any form of hate wouldn't be in compliance with this:

"Mission Statement
Bay Area Riders Forum (BARF) is an online site dedicated to motorcycle riders in the Northern California Bay Area and beyond. Our focus is on safety, education and fun. If you share the love of two wheels, welcome and enjoy!"

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

Jiggles
March 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
One side refused to say ninjette.org and instead put xxxxxxxx.org because ninjette doesn't sponsor barf lol.

He started a "250 only" ride and I'm considering crashing it on a 'real' bike :D

xSean13
March 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
He started a "250 only" ride and I'm considering crashing it on a 'real' bike :D

rojoracing53
March 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Haha I simply asked if the ride leader what to include us in his ride and he responded something like he didn't appreciate the Ninjette forum for its immaturity. I have no idea where he would get that idea:rolleyes: honestly I surf this forum because it makes me laugh from time to time and there's a lot less people getting seriously mad. I would have ridden with him but a 250 only ride would most likely be way to slow for what I wanted to do today. Everyone's going to have an opinion and you just need to roll with it :)

It be fun if I could find a few other 250 riders as comfortable at my speeds as me so I didn't have to go ride with liter bikes all the time. When I feel like doing another chill day ill post it up in the ride forum but it will most likely be on Hamilton and mines rd. but the impression I get from the forum is Hamilton is not for Newbs:idunno:

I think we should have a welcome back ride for Alex on his 300 in a couple weeks. Alex, CycleCam303, Jiggles & I could be leads and sweeps.

Jiggles
March 9th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I'm down, I'll sweep on the k13 :D

EternalNewb
March 9th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I hope it doesn't take me too long to reach the point where I'm comfortable enough to go on group rides without worrying about being too slow and stuff. In the mean time, I'll just work on my own riding skills, since I figure it's better than getting in over my head, crashing, and ruining the ride for everyone else.

rojoracing53
March 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I hope it doesn't take me too long to reach the point where I'm comfortable enough to go on group rides without worrying about being too slow and stuff. In the mean time, I'll just work on my own riding skills, since I figure it's better than getting in over my head, crashing, and ruining the ride for everyone else.

That's what I love about riding with barfs Newbee he shows up 2 mins before the start of his own ride checks to see who there and with a quick greeting with his helmet still on we take off at the set start time with no exceptions. If your late then good luck trying to catch up :lol:

Within 30seconds of starting my bikes at 11k rmps and it pretty much stays there for 90 mins with no stops. The few times I've seen other show up I watch as their headlight disappear into the distant never to be seen again. If your fast enough to stay with him he does back it off on the straits to let my little bike reel him back in and then we continue on. He also fun to ride with because he's super chill and comfortable at speed and knows the road well enough to use hand & leg signs as well as blinker to point out any and all hazards. It's not a safe pace by any means but I can't think of another ride I feel comfortable following at that pace.

It's to bad that I'm sure most of the riders new to the ride who get dropped probably leave with a bad impression because its not the type of ride they expected.

The way I look at it is if a ride orginazer goes out of there way to list the ride as no drop and Newbee friendly then they expect there to be at least one rider so slow bicyclist are blow past them and they'll be cool showing you the ropes.

CycleCam303
March 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Lol. I'm sorry, barf is no different than any other forum and the holier than thou thing cracks me up. Do the barfers know that southbayriders forum makes stabs at them all the time for being full of "immaturity." I enjoy reading the jokes and being caught up in the ninjette family along with the couple other forums that I regularly surf. The real irony is that the starter of that thread likes those Friday night rides... Yea...all credibility soaring through the window lol.

What's up rojoracing53, riding with me down old San Jose road isn't good enough haha

Alex
March 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I'm not a fan of cross-posting group rides or any other events between BARF and here. There are some great riders (and fun posters) over there, but you really need to sort through the chaff to get there.

The particular poster referred to in that thread was a bit of a tool over here, and was unhappy that he wasn't able to sell his crap at inflated prices on this site.

Havok
March 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM

Group rides are over rated at least largs one. I prefer to ride with 2 or 3 of my friends. Go at your own pace if you are faster go faster if you are chilling ride chill we all meet up down the road.