View Full Version : NORTH GA RIDERS - Official Thread! Atlanta, N.Ga, TN, NC Riders-Check for latest info

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BlueJeepYJ
March 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
The Official Thread for the North Georgia Riders!

Ok, folks, we were trying to come up with the best way to communicate between us. The social groups of Ninjette lacks most of the forum capabilities and doesn't notify very effectively, so, this thread in combination with the website will be for all things North GA riders. I will keep the first post up to date with the latest info on upcoming rides and events.

www.northGAriders.com (http://www.northgariders.com)
Visit the website to check out the calender of events, view pictures and videos from past rides or join the group.

Upcoming Rides- Check last page of this thread for ride details! :thumbup:

mfresh
March 14th, 2013, 07:28 PM
You guys planning on riding all the way to Tail of the Dragon or are yah gonna trailer your bikes?

I'm gonna need to bring along some seat padding or something lol.

vman1313
March 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
I was planning to ride up there but I need something better to sit on on this 300. The seat is an effing rock!!!! Its really a mini IRON BUTT if you are not use to riding long miles up to the dragon from our area. I will say this, I 2up'ed up there last summer and spent the whole day up there then went to the Dragon and rode it a couple of times and then home. 8AM to 8PM and it was fun! Was I sore, yes! Was I tired, yes! Did I have a blast, HELLLL YES!!! :D

BlueJeepYJ
March 15th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I think making it a 2 day would be more enjoyable. That way were not already tired when we hit the dragon.

In a perfect world I envision riding up in a GMC Yukon XL with leather seats towing all the bikes in an enclosed trailer. I'll keep dreaming...

fleemos
March 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM
In the past I usually take Friday off and then spend the night in Knoxville, then ride it some more on Saturday.

Sipper'
March 19th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I won't make it.

Doing carb sync, valve lash, headset bearings, plugs, clutch/springs, fork oil, tires and gearing change that Fri/Sat and have to work that Monday.

Trying to make sure everything is good for racking up some miles when the warmer temps get here.

mfresh
March 19th, 2013, 10:52 AM
So did we decide on Friday or Saturday for the drag strip?

Sipper'

I know how it is. My bike has been out of commission for a while as I've worked on installing new brake lines, clip-ons, rearsets, and now waiting for my grips!

I still need to shim my carbs too.

BlueJeepYJ
March 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM
As far as I can tell, the open drag strip is only on Friday nights. With that being said, I don't think I am going to be able to make it this Friday night (and it being their opening night, it will probably be crowded)

GearMonkey
March 19th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Looks like rain Friday night. :(

mfresh
March 20th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Weather looks 'trrble for this whole weekend... Bummer. :(

fleemos
March 20th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I really wanted to do some more runs at the strip. :(

BlueJeepYJ
March 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM
So, It looks like the drag strip also has an open run this Saturday as well. Depending on the weather it would be easier for me to make that then trying to deal with Atlanta traffic on a Friday and the weather may be a little better sat morning.

So who is in for the Dragon March 31/April 1st? The motel at the dragon is pretty affordable at 59 a night with three beds per room.

Let me know!

Jeff

Bosgarage57
March 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
APril 19-20th, Suches GA, is the Concours rally, Running with the Wolf. I am a Cog'ger and if any of you are local you are more than welcome to meet up with us and show us some roads. I prob wont be on the ninja, probably the buell.

vman1313
March 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
APril 19-20th, Suches GA, is the Concours rally, Running with the Wolf. I am a Cog'ger and if any of you are local you are more than welcome to meet up with us and show us some roads. I prob wont be on the ninja, probably the buell.

Sweet man!! Would love to meet up with you and if you would like, would love to show you some NICE roads. :thumbup: (OH and NO BIGGIE on which bike...most of the guys in the group are now on 650's and such meaning its not a Ninjettes ONLY thing :D)

AND we are trying to put a group together to come up Sunday March 31st / April 1st to go to The Dragon. Will keep you updated with times in case maybe you can meet up with us.

Bosgarage57
March 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
ok cool, remember the Skyway is closed due to a landslide so that nice road is out of order :( If you guys were coming up on a weekend I could show you all some nice roads in NC/TN.

vman1313
March 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM
ok cool, remember the Skyway is closed due to a landslide so that nice road is out of order :( If you guys were coming up on a weekend I could show you all some nice roads in NC/TN.

Did not know about the Skyway...will make sure to make changes in any routes I had planned thru there....thanks for the heads up!

sowega
March 20th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Hey guys,

my shop is sponsoring a trackday at Talladega Gran Prix on April 21st. If you have any questions, check out the Facebook event page (Facebook event page.

mfresh
March 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Man, I really need to get me a one piece suit...

ally99
March 20th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Damn. I can't make it April 1. My dog is having surgery that day so I have to be here to pick him up. Poor guy.
If you need a place to stay overnight, i HIGHLY recommend the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge, http://www.ironhorsenc.com/ . I have stayed there multiple times. They have options to camp, bunk, or stay in a cabin. They fix a stellar breakfast and dinner that are WELL worth what you pay for them! The people kick ass, it is beautiful with a mountain stream to cool you off after a hot summer ride, and it's just in between the Skyway and the Dragon. Hands down, the best place I have ever stayed up in that area! :)

sowega
March 20th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Man, I really need to get me a one piece suit...

If you can wear a 42, I have an extra that you're welcome to borrow.

mfresh
March 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM
If you can wear a 42, I have an extra that you're welcome to borrow.

Ooh. Is that euro or us size?

Not really sure what size I am as I have never worn a one piece, but I imagine small to mediumwould work.

sowega
March 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Ooh. Is that euro or us size?

Not really sure what size I am as I have never worn a one piece, but I imagine small to mediumwould work.

US sizing. For reference, I'm 6 feet and about 175 lbs

Xoulrath
March 20th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Wow, I would love to make that Dragon trip, but sadly I'll be in classes all day. I so hate Mondays right now.

fleemos
March 22nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Hey guys I'm sure I mentioned the Yamaha dealership I got the FZ6R from has a demo day once a year, well it's on April 19-20. Register early so you can get to ride the bike you want, assume most will probably wanna try the R6 and it's a very popular choice.

http://lhydemorides.info/

vman1313
March 22nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
Hey guys I'm sure I mentioned the Yamaha dealership I got the FZ6R from has a demo day once a year, well it's on April 19-20. Register early so you can get to ride the bike you want, assume most will probably wanna try the R6 and it's a very popular choice.

http://lhydemorides.info/

You going? What time you gonna be there? Maybe if a few of us meet up we can catch lunch and maybe do a quick ride if the weather is nice.

fleemos
March 24th, 2013, 08:18 AM
You going? What time you gonna be there? Maybe if a few of us meet up we can catch lunch and maybe do a quick ride if the weather is nice.

Sadly as much as I want to I won't be able to make it, I have a friend coming into town that weekend. The one weekend I have someone visiting is when the schedule it. :mad:

Kawasaki has one too so my dream of trying a 600 Supersport this year is still on, just now more likely to be a ZX-6R than a R6.

Will one of you guys please get video of your ride on the R6 and youtube it? Thanks!

mfresh
March 24th, 2013, 08:52 PM
The weather needs to hurry up and straighten up so we can meetup for another awesome ride.

... I am going through withdrawal... lol. :confused10:

That "demo" day looks interesting though. Part of me really wants to ride one of those super sports to check it out, the other part of me doesn't want to risk falling in love...

BlueJeepYJ
March 26th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I just signed up for the demo day on Saturday! Cant wait, R1 and a cruiser!

mfresh
March 26th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Do you guys know if you can ride a "demo" bike with just a MP (permit)?

vman1313
March 26th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I signed up for Saturday as well.....I THINK.....something here at work made the website crash HOPEFULLY after I had signed up and saved everything because now it wont let me back into the site. I try to reset password and it wont take my security answer or nothing :( so I guess I wait until they send the confirmation email and we will see. :confused: Oh well! Maybe we can meet there, I live only a few minutes away.

BlueJeepYJ
March 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM
mfresh, I think it said that you have to have a hard copy, M class license.

Jeff

mfresh
March 26th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks Jeff!

I also signed up for Saturday -- figure this is about as good a chance as ever to try out some different bikes.

Looks like it's about time to get my motorcycle endorsement. I am gonna have to get it soon if I want the hard copy mailed to me in time. :p

My most preferred: R6, FZ6R, FZ8

I may add a cruiser or two after I get a chance to research a few of 'em. :thumbup:

vman1313
March 26th, 2013, 09:24 AM
SO I have been working on some routes for the TAIL of the DRAGON trip. Anybody still interested in this? I have to verify what roads are closed and which are open because I heard they had some land slides and some roads where closed. I am going as long as the weather is good and the main roads are open.

TAIL OF THE DRAGON TRIP 2013

ONE DAY TRIP:
MONDAY APRIL 1
08:00 (START) Canton BREAKFAST
08:30 (START) Canton KICK STANDS UP (5/64/19/129)
11:30 (ARRIVE) Deals Gap REST / GAS / LUNCH
12:15 (START) Deals Gap UP & DOWN THE DRAGON
03:00 (START) Deals Gap Monnshiners Rd (28) all the way to Franklin
04:00 (ARRIVE) Franklin, NC REST / GAS / EARLY DINNER
05:00 (START) Franklin, NC HEAD HOME
06:30 (ARRIVE) Blairsville, GA
08:00 (ARRIVE) Canton, GA
BY 9:00PM HOME SAFE!!! =)

TWO DAY TRIP:
SUNDAY MARCH 31
02:45 (START) Canton MEET/HELLO
03:00 (START) Canton KICK STANDS UP
06:00 (ARRIVE) Deals Gap DINNER

MONDAY APRIL 1
08:00 (START) Deals Gap BREAKFAST
BY 08:30 (START) Deals Gap UP & DOWN THE DRAGON
BY 10:00 (START) Deals Gap Moonshiners Rd (28) to Franklin
11:00-12:00 Franklin, NC LUNCH in Franklin
12:00 (START) Franklin, NC BACK to Deals Gap
01:00 (START) Deals Gap UP & DOWN THE DRAGON ONE MORE TIME
2:30-3:00 (START) Deals Gap HEAD HOME USING 143 & 165
06:00 (ARRIVE) Blairsville, GA DINNER
07:00 (START) Blairsville, GA HEAD HOME
BY 9:00PM HOME SAFE!!! =)
BlueJeepYJ mfresh fleemos GearMonkey Sipper' Bosgarage57

BlueJeepYJ
March 26th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Wow Tony! Nicely done!

I am in!

vman1313
March 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Wow Tony! Nicely done!

I am in!

Thanks BRO...the one day trip incorporates Hwy 28 called the Moonshiner 28 which is suppose to be twisty and beautiful along with the Tail of the Dragon...the two day trip will give us time to do the Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, and another one on the way home which are awesome. Again, I gotta check on road closures and stuff but we should be good to go.

fleemos
March 26th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Sadly I won't be able to make it because I have some family in town staying with me for three weeks that arrive later this week. I'll more than likely be in for the next one though, the Tail is an awesome ride.

vman1313
March 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Cool maps

mfresh
March 26th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I would be a lot more decisive if I knew how the weather is going to turn out. Just not really feeling it if it's going to be all wet.

I'd be interested in a 2 day trip so we have a bit less stress on our bodies lol, but I'd be up for whichever.

Almost feel like we should push it back a week or so. :rolleyes:

BlueJeepYJ
March 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah, it looks like Sunday weather is iffy, Monday a lot better. In the low 60's in NC.

GearMonkey
March 26th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I'll be coming from Charlotte but I should be able to meet at Deals gap. Any Charlotte riders want to ride up with me? Weather permitting.

deth188
March 27th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I'm in for the dragon

vman1313
March 28th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I'm in for the dragon

You are definitely the IRON BUTT winner...we should give you an award! :first:

mfresh
March 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
So apparently the weather on Monday is supposed to be pretty dang good (~70 degrees). The only problem is chance of rain is fairly high...

Have you guys decided on the 1 or 2 day trip yet?

vman1313
March 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Greetings,
Due to weather, it looks like the only choice we will have for the DRAGON trip is a 1 day trip. I re-routed the beginning of the trip to make this a jam packed trip which will include the Cherohala Skyway, UP and DOWN the Dragon twice, and the Moonshiner 28. 440 miles from Canton, GA back to Canton, GA plus what ever mileage it takes you to get to Canton...so yeah a Mini-IRON-BUTT will take place. I will defnitely be getting a gel pad/seat for this trip because the seat on the 300 is just a big hard uncomfortable rock (my ONLY complain of the 300 by the way).
:yell:

Anyway, here is my itinerary:

MONDAY APRIL 1
08:00 BREAKFAST at Chik-Fil-A ( 2048 Cumming Highway Canton, GA 30114 )
08:30 KICK STANDS UP & ride up 5 to 68 to Tellico Plains, TN (100 Miles)
10:30 GAS UP (TOP OFF) Start BAD@$$ ride on Cherohala Skyway (50 Miles)
12:00 Arrive in Robinsville, NC for LUNCH
01:00 Begin UP & DOWN and UP & DOWN THE DRAGON (100 Miles)
04:00 Jump on Monnshiners Rd (28) all the way to Franklin (60 Miles)
05:00 Arrive in Franklin, NC REST / GAS / EARLY DINNER
06:00 Leave Franklin, NC - HEAD HOME (130 Miles)
08:00 Arrive in Canton, GA - EVERYONE HEAD HOME SAFE!

BlueJeepYJ
March 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
That looks like a crazy day, Im in as early as everyone feels like they want to go!

mfresh
March 28th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Holy crap that looks... intense. I'm a little scared... lol.

I need to bring along a pillow for my a$$ or something. I can see how "touring" bikes could prove useful.

I might have to take Tuesday off too so I can recover. :p

motoduelist
March 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
It may be a bit last minute for me to take off of work on Monday. If I am able to go, I would probably just meet you guys in Robinsville, NC at noon. My girlfriend is riding from Atlanta, GA to Nashville, TN that day so I could ride to Chattanooga, TN with her before splitting off to meet you guys.

BlueJeepYJ
March 29th, 2013, 11:50 AM
CURRENT RIDE STATUS- ON!
Ok folks, weather is looking a little on the rocks now for Monday. I dont really have the desire to ride 500 miles in the rain, so lets keep an eye on it and we will make a decision collectively on Sunday So, if you are planning on joining us, make sure check back in here Sunday night or on the site http://www.northgariders.com/calendar/

The plan!
MONDAY APRIL 1
08:00 BREAKFAST at Chik-Fil-A ( 2048 Cumming Highway Canton, GA 30114 )
08:30 KICK STANDS UP & ride up 5 to 68 to Tellico Plains, TN (100 Miles)
10:30 GAS UP (TOP OFF) Start BAD@$$ ride on Cherohala Skyway (50 Miles)
12:00 Arrive in Robinsville, NC for LUNCH
01:00 Begin UP & DOWN and UP & DOWN THE DRAGON (100 Miles)
04:00 Jump on Monnshiners Rd (28) all the way to Franklin (60 Miles)
05:00 Arrive in Franklin, NC REST / GAS / EARLY DINNER
06:00 Leave Franklin, NC - HEAD HOME (130 Miles)
08:00 Arrive in Canton, GA - EVERYONE HEAD HOME SAFE!

motoduelist
March 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM
The weather is forecasted to be a high of 65 with a 10% chance of rain. At least that's the weather for Robbinsville, NC. I've been on the Tail of the Dragon in the rain on my ZX-10R and I didn't run into any issues. I'm not going to say that it was exactly safe though...

mfresh
March 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Well I am ready to go!

Provided, as Jeff has said, the weather doesn't suck; i.e. rain.

Guess we'll keep an eye on the weather forecast throughout the weekend.

ally99
March 29th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I WISH I could make it. It's even my spring break! But my dog is having surgery that day. I have to be here to pick him up at 5:00. :( :( You guys ride safe! I've ridden those roads and you're going to LOVE THEM!

Sipper'
March 30th, 2013, 07:27 AM
You guys have fun. I got all my stuff done and WOULD be able to go but....
Discovered a pinhole leak in the radiator!

Someone please kill Murphy!

GearMonkey
March 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I have back out of the ride. Gotta replace the water heater when I get back to Atlanta.

mfresh
March 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Today is turning out into a gorgeous day -- no rain!

Hope it's similar come Monday.

vman1313
March 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Today is turning out into a gorgeous day -- no rain!

Hope it's similar come Monday.

I started to text you to go ride for a little bit...I got our for about an hour and made a nice loop and came back.

mfresh
March 30th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I started to text you to go ride for a little bit...I got our for about an hour and made a nice loop and came back.

It's all good bro.

I was working on my bike anyways doing some adjustments to the rearsets and pedals.

By the time I finished it started to shower a bit unfortunately... :(

Was still a beautiful day though. Monday is looking to turn out good. :D

mfresh
March 31st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Looks like the weather is shaping up to be quite nice for tomorrow with only a ~10% chance of rain or so.

:thumbup:

BlueJeepYJ
March 31st, 2013, 07:57 PM
8:00 at the chik fil a! see you guys there!

vman1313
April 1st, 2013, 03:08 AM
Oh yeah - UP AND AT'EM!! :thumbup:
Time to ride the Skyway, slay The Dragon and then do a little Moonshining! Hahahha!:cool:

vman1313
April 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Our ride on April 1, 2013 was eventful to say the least. We lost a motorcycle but not a rider (for more details readthread titled: Yep... at http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127493&highlight=cherohala ). The day was mostly filled with laughter and fun, even after the wreck. The wreck was an unfortunate accident but it put into perspective many things. Even though mfresh was bummed, he was ok and that is what truly matters.

As far as the rest of the day:
After riding the Cherohala Skyway in the morning, two of us went on to ride the Dragon, Moonoshiners 28, and Blood Mtn. One unselfish and caring man (BlueJeepYJ) helped out our uninjured but deflated comrade.

Over 400 Miles...6:45AM-8:30PM...3 States...COUNTLESS Curves!!!

Below are just a few pics of the fun. Video coming soon!

23945 23946 23947 23948 23950 23951

motoduelist
April 2nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
I wish that I could have found you guys. I suppose there's always next time.
Posted via Mobile Device

mfresh
April 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
I can't thank Jeff (@BlueJeepYJ) enough for willing to ride me back to his place. Really bummed I ruined the trip for him, sigh.

Maybe we can do it again sometime in the near future... sans the crashing, lol.

fleemos
April 4th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Sucks that you had a crash Manny, guess it's time for a new machine. CBR500R is almost here if you don't wanna go crazy but need a little more power. Ninja 300 is also an option.

It was a really nice day so glad you guys got out of work to ride. Hope I can make the next one.

vman1313
April 6th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Cherohala, Dragon, & Moonshiner28 video is up from April 1, 2013. I tried to make it under 15 minutes but too much good footage to make it only 15 minutes so there are two parts. :D

74DKLzNGGiI

M7PWvVR59UA

BlueJeepYJ deth188 mfresh fleemos DeviantTurtle

motoduelist
April 6th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Your second video is blocked in the US due to the music that you picked.

vman1313
April 6th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Your second video is blocked in the US due to the music that you picked.

hahaha Booooooo!

mfresh
April 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Haha man you did a fantastic job with those vids!

Gets you pumped up just watchin' 'em.

:thumbup:

vman1313
April 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Second video fixed, apparently the video had COPYRIGHT MUSIC ISSUES...hopefully its fixed...let me know if its not.

BlueJeepYJ deth188 mfresh fleemos DeviantTurtle motoduelist

vman1313
April 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM
OH...and check out my "Joined the DIRTY SIDE" thread over in our NorthGAGroup section. :cool:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/group.php?&do=discuss&groupid=26&discussionid=&gmid=276#gmessage276

DeviantTurtle
April 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Videos looking good...but some footage looks speed up??? Anywho, cant wait to start showing everyone the Dirty side videos...DT this weekend, they have a $75 dollar rental coupon for first time riders to rent for a half a day...see if it something you might be interested in :-)

COME JOIN THE DARK...DIRT SIDE :devil:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/534075_4593468269996_1093790887_n.jpg

vman1313
April 8th, 2013, 05:34 AM
DeviantTurtle - What day you going to DT? You ever been to Whissenhunt? Trails there were CRAZY! NOT for learning but had a blast just the same.

DeviantTurtle
April 8th, 2013, 06:20 AM
DeviantTurtle - What day you going to DT? You ever been to Whissenhunt? Trails there were CRAZY! NOT for learning but had a blast just the same.

Saturday most likely...I heard of a new park called moto mtn also...But I like DT because you can NOT do everytrail in one day...the park is HUGE :D

Check out moto mtn when you have a chance. http://motomountainpark.com/

GearMonkey
April 9th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Found a nice empty mall parking lot in Union City for practice. Its right off I-85 and it has MSF paintings. Google map will show you a big black square, that's the spot.

PS- Be careful. Drivers down there suuuuuuuuuuck.

deth188
April 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I've been working on a route down my way that we could do sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Map Link (https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Chick-fil-A,+Glynn+Street+South,+Fayetteville,+GA&daddr=33.4892782,-84.502754+to:33.5771075,-84.6766242+to:33.607944,-84.746206+to:Newnan,+GA+to:33.197635,-84.7420216+to:32.8934592,-84.689677+to:Callaway+Gardens+Country+Store,+U.S.+27,+Pine+Mountain,+GA+to:32.84 82865,-84.6162307+to:Barnesville,+GA+to:Forsyth,+GA+to:Gray,+GA+to:33.0630372,-83.606802+to:33.0647359,-83.7283328+to:Forsyth,+GA&hl=en&ll=33.192731,-84.105835&spn=1.551395,3.348083&sll=33.196179,-83.886108&sspn=0.775682,1.674042&geocode=FUsZ_gEd8kP3-iEppEzRBV6bGikLjxp1P-70iDEppEzRBV6bGg%3BFX4B_wEdHpf2-ilPjRtlXO_0iDH4qLyiRsgGEg%3BFZNYAAId8O_z-innVHOfEdz0iDEKpfQftRvXGg%3BFQjRAAIdIuDy-innB7b8kdn0iDFVO-vLjZpcUA%3BFUBZ_QEdVw_y-im5OsVNKsb0iDHLDiRg2p3q9A%3BFUOO-gEde_Dy-inJy4jiWbr0iDGJWb0S9LehFw%3BFRPq9QEd87zz-im1dx1DS1nziDHcEyXE99rliw%3BFTCm9AEdUTLx-iETkQQx3LKFnimBooT89VHziDETkQQx3LKFng%3BFZ459QEd2tv0-ik3KMZikl3ziDEuHT4vfCzKJg%3BFWtf-AEdmuL7-in7Ksg-xnv0iDHZIuVpr-pIJA%3BFTkQ-AEdPjT_-ilzw-5vhgz0iDG1Y7bSLR1kSg%3BFayv9wEdKmAF-ynJG0ZUYpn2iDEp8FNMRuy7eg%3BFX2A-AEd7kIE-yl9xzeWkQL0iDE9QbkzQMSFxQ%3BFR-H-AEdNGgC-ynhVUIdEAX0iDEX8WivCwa8Gg%3BFTkQ-AEdPjT_-ilzw-5vhgz0iDG1Y7bSLR1kSg&oq=Forsyth,+GA&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=13&sz=10&via=1,2,3,5,6,8,12,13&z=9)

vman1313
April 26th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I've been working on a route down my way that we could do sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Map Link (https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Chick-fil-A,+Glynn+Street+South,+Fayetteville,+GA&daddr=33.4892782,-84.502754+to:33.5771075,-84.6766242+to:33.607944,-84.746206+to:Newnan,+GA+to:33.197635,-84.7420216+to:32.8934592,-84.689677+to:Callaway+Gardens+Country+Store,+U.S.+27,+Pine+Mountain,+GA+to:32.84 82865,-84.6162307+to:Barnesville,+GA+to:Forsyth,+GA+to:Gray,+GA+to:33.0630372,-83.606802+to:33.0647359,-83.7283328+to:Forsyth,+GA&hl=en&ll=33.192731,-84.105835&spn=1.551395,3.348083&sll=33.196179,-83.886108&sspn=0.775682,1.674042&geocode=FUsZ_gEd8kP3-iEppEzRBV6bGikLjxp1P-70iDEppEzRBV6bGg%3BFX4B_wEdHpf2-ilPjRtlXO_0iDH4qLyiRsgGEg%3BFZNYAAId8O_z-innVHOfEdz0iDEKpfQftRvXGg%3BFQjRAAIdIuDy-innB7b8kdn0iDFVO-vLjZpcUA%3BFUBZ_QEdVw_y-im5OsVNKsb0iDHLDiRg2p3q9A%3BFUOO-gEde_Dy-inJy4jiWbr0iDGJWb0S9LehFw%3BFRPq9QEd87zz-im1dx1DS1nziDHcEyXE99rliw%3BFTCm9AEdUTLx-iETkQQx3LKFnimBooT89VHziDETkQQx3LKFng%3BFZ459QEd2tv0-ik3KMZikl3ziDEuHT4vfCzKJg%3BFWtf-AEdmuL7-in7Ksg-xnv0iDHZIuVpr-pIJA%3BFTkQ-AEdPjT_-ilzw-5vhgz0iDG1Y7bSLR1kSg%3BFayv9wEdKmAF-ynJG0ZUYpn2iDEp8FNMRuy7eg%3BFX2A-AEd7kIE-yl9xzeWkQL0iDE9QbkzQMSFxQ%3BFR-H-AEdNGgC-ynhVUIdEAX0iDEX8WivCwa8Gg%3BFTkQ-AEdPjT_-ilzw-5vhgz0iDG1Y7bSLR1kSg&oq=Forsyth,+GA&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=13&sz=10&via=1,2,3,5,6,8,12,13&z=9)

We definitely need a SOUTH OF ATLANTA RIDE soon even if we are called the NORTH GA RIDERS! HAHAHAHA!

BlueJeepYJ
April 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah, lets do it!:thumbup:

So Coleman and I rode some bikes at the Yamaha demo day and had some moes! deth188 It was good hanging with you brother!... I rode the R1 and the Stryker cruiser. HOLY CRAP! The R1 was by far the most uncomfortable thing I have every straddled! I wasn't sure I was even going to make it out of the parking lot. My wrists, shoulders and knees hurt after just a 15 min ride.You could definitely feel the power though and that its acceleration and power are very smooth.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24459&stc=1&d=1366987610

I am in love with the Stryker, so comfy with your feet out in front, 1300 CC, big seat... anybody want to give me 11000 bucks??? :thumbup:

LETS RIDE SOON!

DeviantTurtle
April 30th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Thinking May 10th, hitting up the dragstrip...still have the green Ninja so gonna run it if any of you would like to join :D

GearMonkey
May 1st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Whatever happened to the Thurs night Vortex idea?

fleemos
May 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Anyone interested in a weekend road trip Memorial Weekend? Smoky mountains with a stop at the casino in Cherokee to try our luck?

NDspd
May 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I'd love to meet up with some guys south of Atlanta.

DeviantTurtle
May 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Bike night at Cycle gear in Lawrenceville GA tonight May 8th 6-8pm. I am Djing all their events this summer. Come visit me :music: Dunlop will be there giving away stuff...Not sure what yet, I would guess tires;)

SharInATL
May 10th, 2013, 06:56 AM
We definitely need a SOUTH OF ATLANTA RIDE soon even if we are called the NORTH GA RIDERS! HAHAHAHA!

Agreed, count me in when you guys decide to head down this way. If it doesn't rain, I think I may try that route on Sunday. Thanks for posting!

fleemos
May 20th, 2013, 05:53 PM
This is last minute but who would be up for a two day tail of the dragon trip? Saturday-Sunday.

BlueJeepYJ
May 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM
:( Bummer- Would love to but have to work this weekend! Have fun!

Sipper'
May 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
I might be in for a day trip, but am dog sitting for a friend.

Xz1atl
May 23rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Just signing in to say im here

fleemos
May 23rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
Sipper'

Want to meet me up there as early as you can on Sunday? We'll ride it for the day and then head back.

GearMonkey
May 30th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Anybody going riding this weekend?

SharInATL
May 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I'm down.

fleemos
May 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
If it's on Saturday then I might make it.

Xz1atl
May 30th, 2013, 04:57 PM
im good for saturday 2 if its pre planned!

GearMonkey
May 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I don't know the mountain roads very well. Any route planners? If no takers, ill come up with something by tomorrow evening.

Lets tentatively plan on meeting on Saturday 6/1 9am at...
Dunkin Donuts
1590 Holcomb Bridge Rd
Roswell‎ Georgia‎ 30076

It's right off 400. Exit 7A if northbound. Or do you guys know of a better meeting place?

fleemos
May 30th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Sipper' BlueJeepYJ vman1313 deth188

Any of you guys wanna join for a Saturday ride?

SharInATL
May 31st, 2013, 05:08 AM
I forgot I'm getting my car serviced Saturday morning so I guess I'll catch you guys next time.

GearMonkey
May 31st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Anybody going to make it tomorrow or should we try car show and ride Sunday?

Xz1atl
May 31st, 2013, 06:25 PM
i can only do sat

fleemos
May 31st, 2013, 06:49 PM
I can only do saturday as well

GearMonkey
May 31st, 2013, 07:16 PM
Ok Saturday morning it is. 9am @ Dunkin Donuts on Holcomb Bridge Rd.

I'm thinking 400/19 North to Dahlonega to Vogel State Park to Suches to Dahlonega and back. Should be about a 3-4 hour ride.

Xz1atl
May 31st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Great

fleemos
May 31st, 2013, 09:22 PM
Alright see you guys there
i

fleemos
June 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
Xz1atl GearMonkey

Somethings come up and I can't make it today again. Sorry I couldn't make it.

ally99
June 1st, 2013, 05:29 AM
I have a charity fun ride today or I'd join. I really want to come with you guys on a ride this summer while I'm off work!

jhunter
June 4th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Now that the weather is warming up (and my bike is fixed) I am up for going for some rides too. Do we have another group ride scheduled any time soon?

ally99
June 4th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Any of y'all free during the week to meet for a North Ga mountains romp?

Xz1atl
June 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
free wen-sat

BlueJeepYJ
June 11th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Whats up fella's and Gals!
Long time no post!

Here we go! Fort Mountain Ride, this Saturday, June 15th!
8:30 Dunkin Donuts in Cumming! :thumbup:

More info to follow!

Jeff

jhunter
June 12th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Where is Fort Mountain?lol

ally99
June 12th, 2013, 05:00 AM
So how will the route look? Rural? Twisty?

DeviantTurtle
June 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Bike night @ cycle gear Lawrancville 6 - 8pm 6/09/2013, give aways and free pizza, but first come first served with food and drinks. Hope some of you can make it. Say hello to me at the DJ booth if you stop by:thumbup:

BlueJeepYJ
June 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
ally99

A mix of rural and twisty. Highway 2/52 through Fort Mountain State park is probably one of the most fun roads that I have ridden yet!

Sipper'
June 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Count me IN!

LiquidShell
June 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM
If you guys are still heading up this Saturday I'll join up.

BlueJeepYJ
June 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM
LiquidShell
Its on!

GearMonkey
June 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Uggh! First Saturday I work in over a month and now you guys choose to ride.
DeviantTurtle I think your date is wrong.

vman1313
June 14th, 2013, 08:07 AM

The Route is Set:
Cumming Hwy 9 to Dawsonville
Dawsonville Shoal Creek Spur 136 to 136
136 to 183
183 to 52
52 to Elijay on to Chatsworth
**LUNCH**
52 back up and down the Mtn =) to Old Hwy 55
Old Hwy 55 to 382
382 to 136
136 to HOME

BlueJeepYJ
June 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
vman1313 BlueJeepYJ mfresh Sipper' fleemos DeviantTurtle LiquidShell jhunter Xz1atl SharInATL

Its going to be a great day to ride... No excuses! lol!

Come on out and ride!

jhunter
June 14th, 2013, 11:43 AM
lol I was actually going to go to a class at the gym in the morning, but I may do this instead. Either of which depends on when I get out of the freaking office tonight. UGH!

You're meeting at the Dunkin' on 20 at 8:30 right?

SharInATL
June 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM
About how long is the route? May join in, will know later this evening.

Xz1atl
June 14th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I will definitely be there

BlueJeepYJ
June 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM
SharInATL
vman1313

We should be back in Cumming around 2:30-3.

Tony- Does that sound about right?

jhunter
June 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Can't make it tomorrow. With Father's day this weekend I'll have to cram everything in less time so a bike ride (while very desirable) is too much of a time commitment.

Dang it. :banghead:

vman1313
June 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM
An awesome, fun, and safe ride today through one of the best roads in North Georgia. Super weather, donuts, BBQ, beautiful mountain views, and amazing curvy roads...GREAT DAY!!!!

BlueJeepYJ Sipper' Xz1atl

Sipper'
June 16th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Was a good time, too bad Shell was snoozing!

Looking forward to the next ride....

ally99
June 16th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Glad you guys had fun! I'll try to make the next one! :D

BlueJeepYJ
June 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Awesome ride guys!!! Great weather, great roads!!!

vman1313
June 17th, 2013, 06:42 AM
oM0eUmw8cBc

BlueJeepYJ Sipper' Xz1atl

DeviantTurtle
June 17th, 2013, 07:35 AM

haha Oops:o

Next bike night is 07/10/2013 lots of vendors are starting to come out, good give aways, so far free set of dunlop tires, free bell helmet with a free custom paint job from two brothers custom tools kits, free hooters food etc...think they are giving away a full race suit soon also...They also do the slow drag races. Come on out if you can.:D Come say hi to that good looking guy in the pic;)
:thumbup:http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/182377_603902142956176_580053466_n.jpg
[https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/995040_619611684718555_10252095_n.jpg

BlueJeepYJ
June 21st, 2013, 07:07 AM
haha Oops:o

Next bike night is 07/10/2013 lots of vendors are starting to come out, good give aways, so far free set of dunlop tires, free bell helmet with a free custom paint job from two brothers custom tools kits, free hooters food etc...think they are giving away a full race suit soon also...They also do the slow drag races. Come on out if you can.:D Come say hi to that good looking guy in the pic;)
:thumbup:http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/182377_603902142956176_580053466_n.jpg

I don't see a guy in the picture....:confused:

SharInATL
June 21st, 2013, 07:11 AM
Funny! Lol

Which location is the bike night, sounds like fun.

BlueJeepYJ
June 21st, 2013, 07:27 AM
Is there any interest in a tech day? What I was thinking was, get together at someones house (mine?) , grill some lunch and if you have some work that needs to be done, you can do it yourself ( or just hang out and help) with the help of fellow NGR's. I have the tools to do most of everything on these bikes unless it needs a specific specialty tool. I was thinking... change oil, tires, chains, sprockets, service interval inspections, brake pads, calipers, lines, valve adjustments (this one might be tricky due to the time it takes and needing specific shim sizes). You could also take the opportunity to pull the plastic off the bike and give it a good cleaning!

And then when everyone has their bike rolling go out for an evening ride...?

Let me know if this appeals to anyone...:thumbup:

vman1313 BlueJeepYJ mfresh Sipper' fleemos DeviantTurtle LiquidShell jhunter Xz1atl SharInATL deth188

jhunter
June 21st, 2013, 08:10 AM
It sounds appealing to just hang out. But it would depend on the day. It's very hard for me to carve out huge chunks of time any more.

Plus I just finished rebuilding my entire bike so at the moment it doesn't need anything that I'm aware of. Well mirrors with LED turn signals and photon flushmounted lights would be nice...but those are just wants. Really nice, shiney wants. lol

Xz1atl
June 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
:D
Just say what day

DeviantTurtle
June 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM
@Bluejeep How big is your yard? Do you care about your grass?:p

DeviantTurtle
June 21st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Funny! Lol

Which location is the bike night, sounds like fun.

Lawrenceville location

DeviantTurtle
June 21st, 2013, 11:39 AM
I don't see a guy in the picture....:confused:

Damn hooter girls always taking away my glory LOL

LiquidShell
June 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
BlueJeepYJ, that sounds like a good idea. I think we all would like to meet at your mansion...

BlueJeepYJ
July 2nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
All right folks! Time to start planning something for july... How does July 20th sound?

Sipper'
July 7th, 2013, 04:27 AM
All right folks! Time to start planning something for july... How does July 20th sound?

Sounds good, IF the rain ever ends.....

DeviantTurtle
July 9th, 2013, 04:23 AM

Bike night tomorrow!;) July 10th

GearMonkey
July 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Bike night tomorrow!;) July 10th

Ok, anyone else want to ride up? I'm coming from Vinings.

grayson banks
July 9th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Ok, anyone else want to ride up? I'm coming from Vinings.

im willing to ride if i get my new battery today

DeviantTurtle
July 11th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Well mother nature decided we needed more rain, thats ok we still pushed foward and as always
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/1044584_632788093400914_240165554_n.jpg

The hooter girls taking away my glory again :p

Hopefully next month we will have better weather, I think only to more bike nights left. If anybody wants to be a vendor let me know and I will get you in contact with Nick who is the event coordinator. No charge to come out ;)

ally99
July 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Is there a ride planned for this weekend? If so, when and where?

CycleCam303
July 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I have a buddy that claims Georgia has some hot ladies over there. Guess he was on to something. Good for you guys for slinging the local moto community together.

Sipper'
July 19th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Shellman and I are meeting at the bank of america on pleasant hill rd in duluth at 0930, and will ride from there. No planned route just a nice mountain cruise and eat of course.

Show up if you want to ride.

Sipper'
July 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM
We had a good time, even with the monsoon!

GearMonkey
July 22nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Anybody up for a ride thurs or Friday? Or is there a bike night somewhere?

fleemos
July 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
There is a bike night this Wednesday at Cycle Gear in Roswell, anyone interested?

DroHernandez
July 23rd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hey guys, I'm buying my first bike today, 08 ninja 250r. I'm very very excited and I've always envied seeing two or more people riding together. The camaraderie between bikers always seemed pretty cool. I was wondering if anybody here would like to go on a ride with me and experience my first ride. Maybe some pointers and neat things that I should know about riding. Please feel free to contact me. I'm REALLY excited about this.

ally99
July 23rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
If you lived in Athens, I'd totally ride with you on your first ride and set a good first-time pace on some easy roads. I hope you find someone local. Great idea asking for someone experienced to accompany you your first time out!

DroHernandez
July 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
If you lived in Athens, I'd totally ride with you on your first ride and set a good first-time pace on some easy roads. I hope you find someone local. Great idea asking for someone experienced to accompany you your first time out!

I could meet you half way, unless I wreck on the way! :( but I would totally understand if you couldn't do that. But anyways I really appreciate it ;) I just rode my first ride on the way home from the sale.. And wow it's a rush, fun, and incredibly scary... 40mph feels like 100!

BlueJeepYJ
July 23rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Welcome Dro! Congrats on the bike! I shot you a PM.

All- Its time to start planning the next ride! How about next Saturday AUG 3?

LETS RIDE!

BlueJeepYJ
July 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
There is a bike night this Wednesday at Cycle Gear in Roswell, anyone interested?

I would like to check out the bike night in Roswell. :thumbup:

vman1313 BlueJeepYJ mfresh Sipper' fleemos DeviantTurtle LiquidShell jhunter Xz1atl SharInATL deth188

jhunter
July 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I hate my schedule.lol

Can't do Wednesday. I'm in cram mode trying to get everyone squared away so I can leave the country on Sunday. I'll be back that Friday afternoon / night so I'll see about the ride on the 3rd. Maybe a 30% possibility of that right now, though.

My poor bike feels neglected. :(

jhunter
July 23rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome Dro! Congrats on the bike!

And what he said.lol

Congrats, Dro! I have an '08 as well. It's a fun bike. I like it.

BlueJeepYJ
July 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
And what he said.lol

Congrats, Dro! I have an '08 as well. It's a fun bike. I like it.

jhunter - Ride Aug 3rd ????

jhunter
July 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
30% on that right now. I'm going out of the country on Sunday and will be back the night of the 2nd. Not sure I'll be able to do a ride that day, but I'd really like to.lol

ally99
July 23rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
I could meet you half way, unless I wreck on the way! :( but I would totally understand if you couldn't do that. But anyways I really appreciate it ;) I just rode my first ride on the way home from the sale.. And wow it's a rush, fun, and incredibly scary... 40mph feels like 100!

To feel comfortable leading a noob on a good, safe route, I'd have to know the roads.
It IS a rush, fun, and scary when you start! Get her to a parking lot and practice hard braking, smooth shifting, swerving, and all slow-speed maneuvers before you take many more rids. Have you taken the MSF class?

DroHernandez
July 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
To feel comfortable leading a noob on a good, safe route, I'd have to know the roads.
It IS a rush, fun, and scary when you start! Get her to a parking lot and practice hard braking, smooth shifting, swerving, and all slow-speed maneuvers before you take many more rids. Have you taken the MSF class?

OMG I keep riding and I love it!! I love how I can just punch it and I'm not going TOO fast. But I love it! It's definitely not the fastest bike but if I had a faster bike I would already have flipped it. Man I want somebody to ride with but NOBODY :( haha

fleemos
July 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
BlueJeepYJ

I'll ride in to work tomorrow and if it is not raining then I'll see you there.

DroHernandez
July 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Hey guys.... I wrecked like a boss! Haha in the ER at the moment... Totally fine. I was going to the pool about 100 yds away from my apartment so I didn't wear any gear except boots. Not even a Tshirt. So I took a turn and somebody yelled and I looked at the same time I turned so I crashed. At about 30mph. A lot of road rash and a hyper extended leg. Thank god I'm alive with no broken bones. I need to know where I can fix my bike? I don't care about the scratches (that'll be a great reminder to ride safe with my gear). The footpeg and the shift lever are hanging off the bike so I can't put it in neutral. I don't think that would be totaled... Or hopefully not more than $200.... But I'm probably being a bit optimistic

fleemos
July 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Hey guys.... I wrecked like a boss! Haha in the ER at the moment... Totally fine. I was going to the pool about 100 yds away from my apartment so I didn't wear any gear except boots. Not even a Tshirt. So I took a turn and somebody yelled and I looked at the same time I turned so I crashed. At about 30mph. A lot of road rash and a hyper extended leg. Thank god I'm alive with no broken bones. I need to know where I can fix my bike? I don't care about the scratches (that'll be a great reminder to ride safe with my gear). The footpeg and the shift lever are hanging off the bike so I can't put it in neutral. I don't think that would be totaled... Or hopefully not more than $200.... But I'm probably being a bit optimistic

:eek:

Damn Dro already! Shifter and foot peg will be under 200. Probably gonna need turn signal too. Put up some pics when you can so we can see the damage. If that's all that is needed to be fixed then I suggest you get the parts off Bike Bandit and fix it yourself. Take it easy on the roads man.

DroHernandez
July 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah man... Is there anyway you and I could meet when I get this, or somebody? I'm taking work off tomorrow since I can't walk, so I was trying to get somebody that knows about bikes to take a look at it. Like, I would love to know why the bike isn't turning on at all anymore. I'm thinking because the shift lever is in the way it is or that the bike is in 2nd gear... I'm not sure... Anyways, if you want to meet tomorrow that would be great. This goes to ANYONE, I need to meet someone tomorrow to help me with my bike...

DeviantTurtle
July 24th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Yeah man... Is there anyway you and I could meet when I get this, or somebody? I'm taking work off tomorrow since I can't walk, so I was trying to get somebody that knows about bikes to take a look at it. Like, I would love to know why the bike isn't turning on at all anymore. I'm thinking because the shift lever is in the way it is or that the bike is in 2nd gear... I'm not sure... Anyways, if you want to meet tomorrow that would be great. This goes to ANYONE, I need to meet someone tomorrow to help me with my bike...

First you did not wreck like a boss, you wrecked like a unexperianced rider who was lacking respect of motorcycle riding. That being said I am sure you have a better understanding why gear is so important. Glad you did not get killed:D
As far as starting your bike, What gear it is in should not stop the motor from turning over. When you tried to start it, did you pull the clutch in and was the kick stand up? If the kick stand is down and the clutch is not engaged the bike will not turn over. If the kick stand is up and you did pull in the clutch and still the bike did not turn over. Check your safety switches on both the kick stand and clutch to make sure they did not break lose. Most of the demage from what I can see is pretty easy fix.

DroHernandez
July 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
First you did not wreck like a boss, you wrecked like a unexperianced rider who was lacking respect of motorcycle riding. That being said I am sure you have a better understanding why gear is so important. Glad you did not get killed:D
As far as starting your bike, What gear it is in should not stop the motor from turning over. When you tried to start it, did you pull the clutch in and was the kick stand up? If the kick stand is down and the clutch is not engaged the bike will not turn over. If the kick stand is up and you did pull in the clutch and still the bike did not turn over. Check your safety switches on both the kick stand and clutch to make sure they did not break lose. Most of the demage from what I can see is pretty easy fix.

Just to clarify, the whole "Like a boss" thing was a joke. I was extremely upset about the whole thing, so I had to make a joke about it to make myself feel better. Thank God that I lived through this and learned a very valuable lesson. GEAR GEAR GEAR.
You are a genius. It was the kickstand. The bike cranked a little but since its indoors I let it go before it turned on. I am very very thankful for your help. Would you like to meet today? Unfortunately, I cannot drive or ride up there. I woke up on fire and for some reason blood was everywhere when I woke up. Hopefully I'll be fine soon, I just need to talk to somebody about my bike, so when I do feel better she will be ready.

ally99
July 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM

Most accidents happen within a few miles of home. Early lesson on the importance of gear. "Easy" rides can present quite a challenge, especially while you're learning the machine. Glad you weren't hurt too badly, but I sure hate that it cost you the time and $$ for an ER visit! Damn!

DroHernandez
July 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Most accidents happen within a few miles of home. Early lesson on the importance of gear. "Easy" rides can present quite a challenge, especially while you're learning the machine. Glad you weren't hurt too badly, but I sure hate that it cost you the time and $$ for an ER visit! Damn!

Thank you thank you. I went to a bike repair shop and talked to the guy he said just find things on eBay and bring in the bike and it should all be under $100 for the labor.

DeviantTurtle
July 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Just to clarify, the whole "Like a boss" thing was a joke. I was extremely upset about the whole thing, so I had to make a joke about it to make myself feel better. Thank God that I lived through this and learned a very valuable lesson. GEAR GEAR GEAR.
You are a genius. It was the kickstand. The bike cranked a little but since its indoors I let it go before it turned on. I am very very thankful for your help. Would you like to meet today? Unfortunately, I cannot drive or ride up there. I woke up on fire and for some reason blood was everywhere when I woke up. Hopefully I'll be fine soon, I just need to talk to somebody about my bike, so when I do feel better she will be ready.

I was just giving you crap for fun, if I said i have never jumped on my bike without putting on gear first I would be lying;) Road rash does suck, probably going to feel that for a while and bleed here and there. I know because I have been there also from a race kart accident. Any who, what question do you have about your bike? All the damage done is pretty easy fix. As mentioned you could probably go on ebay and fix everything for less than $150 if you wanted. You should be able to return the bike to neutral by twisting the shifter counter clockwise if stuck in second or clockwise if shifter is stuck in first.

DroHernandez
July 24th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I was just giving you crap for fun, if I said i have never jumped on my bike without putting on gear first I would be lying;) Road rash does suck, probably going to feel that for a while and bleed here and there. I know because I have been there also from a race kart accident. Any who, what question do you have about your bike? All the damage done is pretty easy fix. As mentioned you could probably go on ebay and fix everything for less than $150 if you wanted. You should be able to return the bike to neutral by twisting the shifter counter clockwise if stuck in second or clockwise if shifter is stuck in first.

Yeah, it sucks and very bloody on and off. It's a good learning experience and I bet ill never get on that thing without gear again. Everything happens for a reason right? Anyways, I talked to a body shop and they said, if I buy the parts, they could do it for around $100. He made a valid point about doing it myself... What if the tranny is messed up... I'd never know. I just wanted to know what I should do with the bike. What exact turn signal, foot peg, and shift thingy I should get.

DeviantTurtle
July 24th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah, it sucks and very bloody on and off. It's a good learning experience and I bet ill never get on that thing without gear again. Everything happens for a reason right? Anyways, I talked to a body shop and they said, if I buy the parts, they could do it for around $100. He made a valid point about doing it myself... What if the tranny is messed up... I'd never know. I just wanted to know what I should do with the bike. What exact turn signal, foot peg, and shift thingy I should get.

I serious doubt your tranny is messed up from a low speed drop. Do it yourself and save yourself $100. You get the parts and I will show you how to do it if you need help. We can test the transmission if you would like but I would not sweat that you broke anything. My friend drove hers off the side of a mtn, bike flipped a couple of times and she was still able to ride it home. She did the same thing to shifter, I bent it back out and she road it all 80+ miles back. I am sure Fleemos remembers that bad day:mad: LOL

DroHernandez
July 24th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I serious doubt your tranny is messed up from a low speed drop. Do it yourself and save yourself $100. You get the parts and I will show you how to do it if you need help. We can test the transmission if you would like but I would not sweat that you broke anything. My friend drove hers off the side of a mtn, bike flipped a couple of times and she was still able to ride it home. She did the same thing to shifter, I bent it back out and she road it all 80+ miles back. I am sure Fleemos remembers that bad day:mad: LOL

Could you show me what parts i should get?

DeviantTurtle
July 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Could you show me what parts i should get?

Wait, I see more demage than I could see before. give me a minute and I will give you a list of parts you need.

DeviantTurtle
July 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM
This is the parts you need. I would jump on it.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/330958919441?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-2012-Kawasaki-EX250-EX-250-Ninja-NEW-08-12-rear-back-turn-signal-blinker-/130951835186?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7d566e32&vxp=mtr#ht_188wt_1239

BlueJeepYJ
July 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Off to cyclegear roswell... be there in 20

DroHernandez
July 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM

http://compare.ebay.com/like/330958919441?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-2012-Kawasaki-EX250-EX-250-Ninja-NEW-08-12-rear-back-turn-signal-blinker-/130951835186?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7d566e32&vxp=mtr#ht_188wt_1239

Wow thank you so much.. It means a lot for you to do this for me. If I order that, do you think it would be very hard to install? Or should I just bring it to Vicious Cycles?

LiquidShell
July 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM
BlueJeepYJ

My schedule is clear for AUG 3. The weather hasn't been good for riding. Sipper and I got caught in thunder storms this past weekend.

I'd like to meet up with you guys soon: I feel bad for missing the last group ride.

If anyone wants to ride this Fri. let me know --hopefully the weather permits.

DeviantTurtle
July 25th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Wow thank you so much.. It means a lot for you to do this for me. If I order that, do you think it would be very hard to install? Or should I just bring it to Vicious Cycles?

Its easy to do, maybe some minor adjustments but nothing difficult. The only reason I say DIY, 1) Because it is always good to know how to work on your own vehicles. 2) Save yourself a lot of money to buy fun upgrades:D

DroHernandez
July 25th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Its easy to do, maybe some minor adjustments but nothing difficult. The only reason I say DIY, 1) Because it is always good to know how to work on your own vehicles. 2) Save yourself a lot of money to buy fun upgrades:D

Awesome, I just need some help haha. I can barely move due to the road rash. But I wanna fix it asap

Xz1atl
July 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
So any takers for friday?!

BlueJeepYJ
July 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Wish I could... work... blah...

Sipper'
July 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Wish I could... work... blah...

Same here! Would love to go though.

BlueJeepYJ
July 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Same here! Would love to go though.

Sipper, you in Aug 3?

Sipper'
July 26th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Sipper, you in Aug 3?

Not sure, getting ready to start a contract and will probably be on it EVERYDAY until done.

DeviantTurtle
July 26th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Awesome, I just need some help haha. I can barely move due to the road rash. But I wanna fix it asap

When you get the parts, PM and i can help you with it.

DroHernandez
July 26th, 2013, 08:12 AM
When you get the parts, PM and i can help you with it.

Wow, thanks! I'll contact you when they come in!

DroHernandez
July 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM

I ordered the shifter thing but haven't ordered the signal light. Should I buy that signal light, or would you say to look for a nicer aftermarket one, like LED?

Xz1atl
July 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I will be ready for the 3rd... got my shifter working flosslessly

BlueJeepYJ
July 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I will be ready for the 3rd... got my shifter working flosslessly

Awesome! See ya on the third... Routing TBD...

So far we got...

Xz1atl
BlueJeepYJ
vman1313
LiquidShell
@Sipper -Maybe

DeviantTurtle
July 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I ordered the shifter thing but haven't ordered the signal light. Should I buy that signal light, or would you say to look for a nicer aftermarket one, like LED?

Keep it stock, you have to use resisters with the LED or your flashers will blink extra fast. ;) But if that does not matter you can pick some up at your local cycle gear for cheap. ;)

DroHernandez
July 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Keep it stock, you have to use resisters with the LED or your flashers will blink extra fast. ;) But if that does not matter you can pick some up at your local cycle gear for cheap. ;)

I ended up getting some cheap aftermarket (non-LED) signals. The shifter bracket supposedly arrived at the USPS Atlanta Sort Facility on Saturday, so I'm expecting it to arrive today... If it doesn't I'm going to be super bummed!!

DroHernandez
July 29th, 2013, 07:49 PM
My bike is back up and running :D I'm ready for any rides if anybody is down for a quick small group (2-3) ride :)

DeviantTurtle
July 30th, 2013, 03:51 AM
My bike is back up and running :D I'm ready for any rides if anybody is down for a quick small group (2-3) ride :)

Make me proud and tell me you did the work yourself:thumbup:

BlueJeepYJ
July 30th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Xz1atl
BlueJeepYJ
vman1313
LiquidShell
@Sipper

Weather is looking good so far... any route ideas? Fort mountain and BBQ? or head north east and hit Richard Russel 348 around through Helen?

Let me know! Bring friends, lets make this the best ride yet!

Jeff

DroHernandez
July 30th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Make me proud and tell me you did the work yourself:thumbup:

Be proud :D I did the shifter stuff myself but my dad and I did the signal light together. I was gonna do it but he wanted to solder it together instead of ghettorig it like I was gonna do haha

DeviantTurtle
July 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Be proud :D I did the shifter stuff myself but my dad and I did the signal light together. I was gonna do it but he wanted to solder it together instead of ghettorig it like I was gonna do haha

Guess now you realize how easy that was to do and you saved yourself $100:thumbup:

DroHernandez
July 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Guess now you realize how easy that was to do and you saved yourself $100:thumbup:

Exactly :) thanks man I really appreciate it :) when are we riding mayne??

ally99
July 30th, 2013, 02:20 PM
What's the final plan this weekend? I may be down for joining you all!

DroHernandez
July 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Damn I'd love to go... But drill weekend :(

BlueJeepYJ
July 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM
What's the final plan this weekend? I may be down for joining you all!

The final plan is for everyone to get together to ride :p , including folks from Athens who haven't ridden with the group yet!:thumbup:

DroHernandez
July 30th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Would anybody like to ride with me tomorrow? Around 6 ish?

LiquidShell
July 30th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Ok, so we're on for Saturday. BlueJeepYJ when and where are we meeting?

DeviantTurtle
July 31st, 2013, 04:31 AM
Would anybody like to ride with me tomorrow? Around 6 ish?

If the weather is good I might bust out the wifes bike...But pretty sure its going to rain.

The rest of you Ninja punks:p ride over towards Buford dam and come play on the lake with Mimi and I for a few Saturday afternoon ;)

DroHernandez
July 31st, 2013, 06:59 AM
If the weather is good I might bust out the wifes bike...But pretty sure its going to rain.

The rest of you Ninja punks:p ride over towards Buford dam and come play on the lake with Mimi and I for a few Saturday afternoon ;)

Well, I'll contact you if it's not raining around that time :)

fleemos
July 31st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Sounds like it's going to be another fun ride, sucks I can't make it.

ally99
July 31st, 2013, 07:05 PM
When and where is the meeting and what is the route? Do you guys ever ride out east of Atlanta?

DroHernandez
July 31st, 2013, 07:11 PM
Had a great time with Xavier today. I think his forum name is Xz1atl but not sure. He's a great guy. Taught me a lot. I feel a lot more confident than I did before.

BlueJeepYJ
July 31st, 2013, 08:39 PM

Way to be a buzzkill DT!;) Shows 0% chance of rain in my neck of the woods! :thumbup:

DroHernandez
August 1st, 2013, 07:05 AM
Hey guys, I need new brakes and a new front tire. I'm really broke but I need new brakes and DEFINITELY need a new front wheel? Where could I get these cheap and fast so I can ride ASAP. My front tire might last me another 50 miles, and my brakes maybe another 100 miles. I'm in desperate need of these but I need to get them really cheap. I want nice brakes, I wouldn't mind another stock tire but anything would do. Can somebody please let me know where I should get them? Maybe cycle gear? Or are they overpriced?

BlueJeepYJ
August 1st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Hey guys, I need new brakes and a new front tire. I'm really broke but I need new brakes and DEFINITELY need a new front wheel? Where could I get these cheap and fast so I can ride ASAP. My front tire might last me another 50 miles, and my brakes maybe another 100 miles. I'm in desperate need of these but I need to get them really cheap. I want nice brakes, I wouldn't mind another stock tire but anything would do. Can somebody please let me know where I should get them? Maybe cycle gear? Or are they overpriced?

Hey Dro, Honestly, neither of those items are what I would consider to be budget items. As long as your disks are in good shape, the brake job should be pretty simple, about 35 bucks for front pads.

It is generally recommended to replace both tires at the same time. I put battle ax BT-45's on my 250 and installed them myself and it cost me about 200 bucks. Check out the wiki here on ninjette http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Index
and
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page for more info than you could ever need about the 250s.

I like http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ www.revzilla.com and http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com . Shop around for the tires as the retailers are usually having some kind of sale. Buy the tires and brakes together and you can get free shipping.

Post here before you buy online and we will make sure you have everything you need.

Good Luck,

Jeff

DroHernandez
August 1st, 2013, 08:08 AM
Hey Dro, Honestly, neither of those items are what I would consider to be budget items. As long as your disks are in good shape, the brake job should be pretty simple, about 35 bucks for front pads.

It is generally recommended to replace both tires at the same time. I put battle ax BT-45's on my 250 and installed them myself and it cost me about 200 bucks. Check out the wiki here on ninjette http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Index
and
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page for more info than you could ever need about the 250s.

I like http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ www.revzilla.com and http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com . Shop around for the tires as the retailers are usually having some kind of sale. Buy the tires and brakes together and you can get free shipping.

Post here before you buy online and we will make sure you have everything you need.

Good Luck,

Jeff

Awesome! Thanks Jeff! Ill be shopping today, by me being broke, I was trying to say I can't afford Brembo brakes and the best tires haha. But I would definitely reach into my savings for a GOOD pair. Thanks though. Once I find what I like, ill ask what you guys think then order

BlueJeepYJ
August 1st, 2013, 08:44 AM
Ok folks. Meet up. 8:30, Saturday Aug 3rd at the Dunkin donuts in cumming. vman1313 has a route he is working.

0830 Dunkin Donuts
1165 Buford Rd
Cumming, GA 30041

YES
BlueJeepYJ
vman1313
Xz1atl
LiquidShell

Maybe
Sipper'
ally99
DeviantTurtle

Not Going - :nono:

fleemos

DeviantTurtle
August 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM
Awesome! Thanks Jeff! Ill be shopping today, by me being broke, I was trying to say I can't afford Brembo brakes and the best tires haha. But I would definitely reach into my savings for a GOOD pair. Thanks though. Once I find what I like, ill ask what you guys think then order

Check out revzilla.com, really good deals, I always go with Pirelli, pretty sure you can fit the Pirelli Sport Demon on your bike. I was running the sport demons on my 250 and they never failed me...EVER:D If they make the Angels for you bike go with those. Best tires I have ever ran on my bikes:D

DeviantTurtle
August 1st, 2013, 09:57 AM
Way to be a buzzkill DT!;) Shows 0% chance of rain in my neck of the woods! :thumbup:

I am ok with being a buzzkill, I get to play on my boat and jet skis all day:p

grayson banks
August 1st, 2013, 02:55 PM
Ok folks. Meet up. 8:30, Saturday Aug 3rd at the Dunkin donuts in cumming. vman1313 has a route he is working.

0830 Dunkin Donuts
1165 Buford Rd
Cumming, GA 30041

YES
BlueJeepYJ
vman1313
Xz1atl
LiquidShell

Maybe
Sipper'
ally99
DeviantTurtle

Not Going - :nono:

fleemos

IM down to ride on the 3rd :D that's if no one minds that my back seat cowl flew off so the back looks a little naked... how many mile are we talking about?

DroHernandez
August 1st, 2013, 03:26 PM
if i want this one
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/49/-/181/751/-/19193/Pirelli-Sport-Demon-Front-Motorcycle-Tire

what should i pick as size tire?

grayson banks
August 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM
if i want this one
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/49/-/181/751/-/19193/Pirelli-Sport-Demon-Front-Motorcycle-Tire

110/70-17 54h i got those on my bike

ally99
August 1st, 2013, 05:16 PM
IM down to ride on the 3rd :D that's if no one minds that my back seat cowl flew off so the back looks a little naked... how many mile are we talking about?

Yeah, I definitely need to know a general route or at least mileage estimate

vman1313
August 1st, 2013, 07:01 PM
Since we rode out to Ft Mountain the last two rides, here is the route for Saturday August 3rd.

-Hwy 9 from Cumming to Dahlonega
-Hwy 19/60 from Dahlonega to Suches
-Hwy 180/129/180 from Suches to Richard Russel Scenic Pwy
-Ride to end of Russell Richard Scenic Pwy/Hwy 75 to Helen for LUNCH
THEN we ride back the way we came cause those roads are BadA$$
except we skip Hwy 180 and come back through Hwy 129 (Blood Mountain)!!

BlueJeepYJ
August 1st, 2013, 07:25 PM
Sounds good, thanks Tony!

BlueJeepYJ
August 1st, 2013, 07:26 PM
if i want this one

And pick up two valve stems as well. They are about 2 dollars a piece.

DroHernandez
August 2nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Would you guys be against getting another set of stock tires?

BlueJeepYJ
August 2nd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Would you guys be against getting another set of stock tires?

I think most 250 riders would steer away from stock, the stock IRC's were not very well received. I would say though, that if you found a killer deal on "like new" used stock tires than that would be a way to save a few bucks until you can put better ones on.

DroHernandez
August 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
I think most 250 riders would steer away from stock, the stock IRC's were not very well received. I would say though, that if you found a killer deal on "like new" used stock tires than that would be a way to save a few bucks until you can put better ones on.

Yeah... Could you link me to the ones that you have? I'm trying to find good ones for a good price. I was thinking the stocks wouldn't be bad... But I would
Much rather have nice ones.

BlueJeepYJ
August 2nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Yeah... Could you link me to the ones that you have? I'm trying to find good ones for a good price. I was thinking the stocks wouldn't be bad... But I would
Much rather have nice ones.

I went up in size on the 250 that I had. There are positives and negatives of doing that though.
Here is what I bought. There are tons of choices when it comes to tires and even more opinions.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/49/-/181/750/-/-/142001/
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/49/-/181/750/-/-/141946/

There are a bunch of good threads here on ninjette about tire choices.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ninjette+best+tires

My favorite way to search ninjette is to go to google and just type what I am seaching for and include ninjette. I value what the folks on this forum say moreso than others but the decision will still come down to what you have decided in your research.

grayson banks
August 2nd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Since we rode out to Ft Mountain the last two rides, here is the route for Saturday August 3rd.

-Hwy 9 from Cumming to Dahlonega
-Hwy 19/60 from Dahlonega to Suches
-Hwy 180/129/180 from Suches to Richard Russel Scenic Pwy
-Ride to end of Russell Richard Scenic Pwy/Hwy 75 to Helen for LUNCH
THEN we ride back the way we came cause those roads are BadA$$
except we skip Hwy 180 and come back through Hwy 129 (Blood Mountain)!!

sounds good

Xz1atl
August 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Dro are replacing one or both tires?

DroHernandez
August 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Dro are replacing one or both tires?

I feel as if I should do both, but idk what do you think, since you saw both of mine

Xz1atl
August 2nd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Get both if you could. it your just going to do the front one. Then I would get the same tread.

Btw everyone....Check your tire pressure. Found out today I was riding around in the mid 20s

ally99
August 2nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Sounds like a REALLY fun route! How's the group's typical speed? I don't play in street corners too fast. I save that for the track!

The question is going to be whether I wake up early enough to make it there by 8:30. Cumming is an hour and a half away from Athens, so I'd have to be ready to leave by 7. :eek: :D
Do you guys leave from DD at 8:30 or do y'all usually eat and hang out a bit before riding?

ally99
August 2nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
I have an idea! Instead of coming all the way to Cumming, I'll meet you guys somewhere! Let me pick apart the route in a bit and find the closest point I can intersect your ride and join you. Would that be ok? If someone doesn't mind, PM me a phone number or two I can call/text tomorrow if I need to...

Edit: I'm going to meet you guys in Dahlonega tomorrow. Any guesstimates on the time you'll be passing through? I'll be there early, so no worries about exact times. I'm excited!! :D

Sipper'
August 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
I WILL be riding tomorrow, but will have to meet you guys/gals somewhere in Dahlonega. I'm coming from Jefferson.

vman1313
August 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM
We will make a stop at the Dahlonega WalMart 9:45ish and will be back on the road by 10:15 for those who rather meet up there instead of in Cumming.

BlueJeepYJ
August 2nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
I WILL be riding tomorrow, but will have to meet you guys/gals somewhere in Dahlonega. I'm coming from Jefferson.

Cool Sipper, see ya there!

ally99
August 2nd, 2013, 05:45 PM

I'm doing the exact same thing but coming from Athens. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Xz1atl
August 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Im guessing both Sipper and Ally are coming up 129

deth188
August 2nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'll be waking up early so I can make it on time.

ally99
August 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Im guessing both Sipper and Ally are coming up 129

Yep!

Sipper'
August 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Yep.

BlueJeepYJ
August 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
I'll be waking up early so I can make it on time.

Sweet! Thanks for making the drive up! See ya there!

Sipper'
August 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Had a great time today even with all the PATHETICALLY slow traffic! It was also very nice to meet the new rider in the group, Ally.

Can't wait for the next ride.....

ally99
August 3rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
It was awesome meeting all of you! I had a great time, love your riding pace and awesome company! :D Looking forward to the Cherohala ride in September!

Btw, the camera on my phone sucks! I know someone else got some photos when we stopped on Richard B. Will you post them?

ally99
August 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
A few more pics from today...

LiquidShell
August 3rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
It's always fun riding with the group. It was nice to see new faces as well.

ally99 thanks for posting the pics. All those smiling faces: must have been the food.

I'm not going to call anyone out, but I KNOW someone else took some photos. You better post them soon or else...:karate:

deth188
August 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Great ride today, I hadn't been able to ride much other than back and forth to work for the past month so I enjoyed just riding for the sake of riding again.

Unfortunately I had a small crash about 15 minutes from my house. I was turning left onto a road and I hadn't slowed enough to make it, and I ended up lowsiding. Luckily I slid into some tall fluffy grass and not pavement, and there was no traffic around. My knee bumped something when I came off, so now I've got a nice bump there for my trouble. The only thing that happened to the bike was a small crack at the front of my left side fairing, and the turn signal snapped off.

BlueJeepYJ
August 3rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Whoa dude! :eek: Sorry to hear that! Glad your ok!!

LiquidShell
August 3rd, 2013, 08:01 PM
deth188. I'm sorry to hear about your crash. I hope your knee and any other bruises heal quickly. Take care of yourself and bike.

ally99
August 4th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Great ride today, I hadn't been able to ride much other than back and forth to work for the past month so I enjoyed just riding for the sake of riding again.

Unfortunately I had a small crash about 15 minutes from my house. I was turning left onto a road and I hadn't slowed enough to make it, and I ended up lowsiding. Luckily I slid into some tall fluffy grass and not pavement, and there was no traffic around. My knee bumped something when I came off, so now I've got a nice bump there for my trouble. The only thing that happened to the bike was a small crack at the front of my left side fairing, and the turn signal snapped off.

Oh no! That really sucks! I'm glad you were ok. I'm sure fatigued played a hand in it. You were up early and put a lot of miles on the bike yesterday!

Sipper'
August 4th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Sorry about your crash, glad you're ok.

BlueJeepYJ
August 4th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Great ride guys!

Here are are the pics I took, I thought I had more. We will have to see what Tony has!

fleemos
August 5th, 2013, 11:46 AM
It's always fun riding with the group. It was nice to see new faces as well.

ally99 thanks for posting the pics. All those smiling faces: must have been the food.

I'm not going to call anyone out, but I KNOW someone else took some photos. You better post them soon or else...:karate:

Tony post the pics! :D

The one weekend it doesn't rain both days I have someone visit from out of town. I need to get myself to the next ride.

For anyone that was in the market for one Revzilla has a lot of Scorpion helmets on close out sale with some damn good prices. Dainese stuff on sale too.