Neat. More info?

Sipper'
March 15th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Clearwater Krista's.
72 watt max
5500 lumens
Fully adjustable on low beam
Only goes max power on high beam

Made a custom bracket then covered them with lexan (not in photo).

Clearwater has a new one now called 'Erica' that is 6000 lumens on 60 watts.

Alex
March 15th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Nice! Putting a pair of Kristas on my RT this weekend. They are fantastic. :thumbup:

choneofakind
March 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Very nice. I'm running an HID setup with a projector retrofitted into my headlight. It's fantastic, but it doesn't allow the adjustability like your set-up does. A quick youtube search comes up with some nice demonstrations, like this one:
Fl6F7H27JEk

Alex, do you plan on adding them as running lights like in the demonstration or are you going to put them inside your headlight like Sipper'?

Motofool
March 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Clearwater Krista's.
72 watt max
5500 lumens
Fully adjustable on low beam
Only goes max power on high beam

Made a custom bracket then covered them with lexan (not in photo).

Clearwater has a new one now called 'Erica' that is 6000 lumens on 60 watts.

Any DIY please?

Did they really cost $600 each?

mfresh
March 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Got a chance to see Brian's bike in person and these are beautiful. They were super bright and the craziest thing is he told me they were on low power!

:D

Sipper'
March 15th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Any DIY please?

Did they really cost $600 each?

DIY? Depends on how/where you want them and no, they did not cost $600,

They cost $650, for a pair, which is the only way you can buy them.

Sipper'
March 15th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Night time, same exposure, low(10%) and high beam.

leed
March 16th, 2013, 09:48 PM
So the resulting question becomes... Is it worth it?

Secondly, are these things DOT?

I did like how those are wired into the horn though.

Sipper'
March 17th, 2013, 04:52 AM
So the resulting question becomes... Is it worth it?

Secondly, are these things DOT?

I did like how those are wired into the horn though.

They are worth far more than they cost. Even riding around with them on low (10 watts) in sunny conditions, in the 2 years I have had them I have not had a single person pull out in front of me. Before getting them it happened on a daily basis here in dumblanta and I always watch and prepare for it, but it hasn't happened.

Under Ga code, there is NO wording about having to have a DOT requirement on motorcycle lighting.

At night you can adjust them in very fine increments on low beam to suit the conditions and animals eyes shine much further away, and at wider angles.

They do not have a 'cut off' to the pattern like most lighting, so aiming them takes time to get right to where no one flashes you at night. I have only had this happen 1 or 2 times so I must have them aimed pretty well.

There are newer LED's that have a tighter pattern and longer throw to the beam but the lack the adjustability.

After riding with the guys last week, they all commented on how bright they were and how easy it was to see me, and the whole time they were on full low.