View Full Version : Been gone since 2010...Why is everyone calling me a noob?

Davidb1986
March 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Ok I see people calling me a noob I have been gone since 2010 from this forum since hurting my back and the doc told me i couldn't ride for a few years. I hurt my back while on a 911 call on the ambulance i worked on during the patient extrication from hell. It left me with 3 slipped disks and sciatic nerve compression. I have not come to this forum at all since then. I log on yesterday to rejoin and people are sending messages about me challenging them and calling me a noob in a very derogatory manner. Can someone tell me what is going on? I am gone close to 3 years where I thought I left in good standing only to come back to find insults thrown at me. Why? Maybe my name was hacked. If so I changed my password so it should stop. Can anyone tell me what is going on? If need be I will change my screen name to be in good standing or leave and close the account and find another ninja 250 forum.

Someone please shed some light on what is going on please. I sold my bike after being hurt since I was getting married and could use the money and since then haven't post or sent any messages on this forum. That was around July/August of 2010.

CynicalC
March 16th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Did you hurt your brain also or have you always been this way?

rawbert625
March 16th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I think you might be thinking about the { you } function.

It's a some kinda coding thingy that places the username of whoever is viewing the post where the { you } would be. It's a bit confusing to explain...

dave42
March 16th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Actually Jiggles hacked your account then called you a noob.

Davidb1986
March 16th, 2013, 11:01 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I think you might be thinking about the { you } function.

It's a some kinda coding thingy that places the username of whoever is viewing the post where the { you } would be. It's a bit confusing to explain...

That makes sense. Coming back after 3 years and seeing my name everywhere kinda concerned me since I was out of the loop about the new functions on the forum.

Oh by the way I didn't hurt my head. I am however finish a self made detox after being on powerful pain meds for 3 years. So it takes a little longer for things to click since I have one constant headache.

rawbert625
March 16th, 2013, 11:05 PM
That makes sense. Coming back after 3 years and seeing my name everywhere kinda concerned me since I was out of the loop about the new functions on the forum.

Oh by the way I didn't hurt my head. I am however finish a self made detox after being on powerful pain meds for 3 years. So it takes a little longer for things to click since I have one constant headache.

Yup, could be confusing. welcome back though!

Davidb1986
March 16th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Ok being as I am up to speed on the new functions of the tagging system this thread can be closed.

Yup, could be confusing. welcome back though!

Yep confused the heck outta me. Glad to be back. Now to get a new ninjette!!!!!

Madman44
March 17th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Good luck on your search. All I know is that the 09 SE that both of us owned at one time is the sexiest and fastest of all new-gens

Davidb1986
March 17th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Good luck on your search. All I know is that the 09 SE that both of us owned at one time is the sexiest and fastest of all new-gens

Yep and there are 2 close by here each with under 2K miles for under $3000. Monday I am going to go try and make a deal for one.

Madman44
March 17th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Yep and there are 2 close by here each with under 2K miles for under $3000. Monday I am going to go try and make a deal for one.

Maybe you'll end up reuniting with your old bike.

Davidb1986
March 17th, 2013, 01:31 AM
One like it yes but my exact old bike no. It's somewhere way up north from what I heard.

nickjpass
March 17th, 2013, 05:19 PM
This is funny... cuz I thought the same thing lol Hope you get back on the saddle soon.

CC Cowboy
March 17th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Not noob, boob, you're a boob!

skilletmo
March 17th, 2013, 05:47 PM
lol.

Motofool
March 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Welcome back to the site, David !!!

Havok
March 18th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Ok being as I am up to speed on the new functions of the tagging system this thread can be closed.

Yep confused the heck outta me. Glad to be back. Now to get a new ninjette!!!!!

I pretty much hate the "you" function to the point I feel it distracts from the forums