View Full Version : Top Gear

Guinss
January 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Ok, Its mostly about cars, but still a great show? :cool:

have watched about every season, and loved the last spesial episode where they went to vietnam. They traveled across the country on 2-stroke bikes. Finally some bikes! :D And i have been driving a 2-stroke 50cc for two years now, so could really relate to the lack of power uphill, stops when raining, etc etc. :D

One of my favorite quotes is from the first episode this series(12), the lorry-challenge. "..decorate and personalise their trucks as drivers in less developed countries like Australia and America" :D

So, anyone watching this? :)

KnoxNinja
January 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I love that show, even though Jeremy Clarkson hates everything "Datsun." The stuff they do to cars is sometimes tragic, but always hilarious. And they even appreciate the rotary's ability to hit the high notes (the one where they did the theme song using only engine sounds.)

darkknight49
January 28th, 2009, 11:39 PM
top gear is awesome and hilarious. I love that show. And the only "Datsun" Clarkson doesn't hate is the GTR, even though it almost snapped his neck. Highly recommend seeing a show on BBC America, youtube, torrents, etc.

It's also the only show that regularly shows super cars. The stupid shows in the US show kia's and chevy cobalts. If i wanted info on a common car, I'd look it up. I wanna hear about some super cars and exotics. I know I'll never afford one, but it's awesome nonetheless.

NJD022588
January 29th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Is there anywhere I can watch these show online? Whenever I see one, I just want to watch another... or them all...

I dont get speed channel here in Blacksburg... :(

aloh
January 29th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Top Gear is by far my most favorite show in TV. It is utterly entertaining and hilarious. Their budget seems limitless because of all the crazy stuff they do.

Is there anywhere I can watch these show online? Whenever I see one, I just want to watch another... or them all...

http://hessmo.com/Hessmo/Top_Gear.html

:thumbup:

kkim
January 29th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the TG link! :D

Guinss
January 29th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Top Gear is by far my most favorite show in TV. It is utterly entertaining and hilarious. Their budget seems limitless because of all the crazy stuff they do.

yes, when chrysler didnt want to lend them a dodge challenger, they bought one :D
They claimed to could have made one "out of leaves or something".
its hilarious how they constantly pick on cryslers cars.

great link! :D havent found season 4,5,6 on torrents

HKr1
January 29th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Most of there shows are pretty funny. That one where they were in the desert sucked thou :rolleyes:

The Gumpert they had on this Monday:
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/210382/gumpert_apollo.html

I'll take 1 please :D

KnoxNinja
January 29th, 2009, 05:59 AM
http://www.finalgear.com/

Torrents for episodes of all the shows. 5th Gear is entertaining as well, but after what they did to a pristine black 3rd Gen Supra, I had to boycott it entirely on moral grounds.

Call me unpatriotic, but frankly, I enjoy how they rip on American cars. They did like the Ford GT though.

camaroz1985
January 29th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I get all my episodes from finalgear as well. This has got to be my favorite show. If you want real car reviews probably not the best place (although the Ford Fiesta was pretty good :D), but for entertainment it can't be beat.

yes, when chrysler didnt want to lend them a dodge challenger, they bought one :D
They claimed to could have made one "out of leaves or something".
its hilarious how they constantly pick on cryslers cars.

great link! :D havent found season 4,5,6 on torrents

And they only had visas to make a documentary, so if they were entertaining Bruce Willis was going to come in a helicopter and kill them haha.

NJD022588
January 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Thanks! :thumbup:

Guinss
January 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
(although the Ford Fiesta was pretty good :D)

haha yes that one was hilarious :D jeremy should do more of those! :D

Scorpielle
January 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
We LOVE Top Gear, those guys are hilarious! I just wish they played the more current episodes here , we get it on BBC Canada.
:D

Ramen
January 31st, 2009, 09:34 AM
I tivo it from BBC America. Funny and awesome show!

noche_caliente
January 31st, 2009, 04:06 PM

We're actually watching it RIGHT now! :evil6: :tongue:
You could always come over and watch it with K... this is the one with the double-decker challenge and driving around sumos....

Nemy
February 1st, 2009, 02:18 PM
My fave was the british leyland challenge :D No other show would ever come up with the challenge of filling their cars up with water and doing a "leak" test around a track :drivingcrash:

EDIT: o and the "team america secret signal" :P

Guinss
February 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM
My fave was the british leyland challenge :D No other show would ever come up with the challenge of filling their cars up with water and doing a "leak" test around a track :drivingcrash:

was that the one when jeremy's door fell off?

NJD022588
February 1st, 2009, 11:05 PM
After tying to watch the site that aloh posted and realizing that my internet is way to slow, I found this (http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/) link. It led me to learning about torrents, downloading Vuze, and eventually getting the first 3 seasons. I now have 30 hours of Top gear to catch up on, and more to download whenever I like. :)

We're actually watching it RIGHT now! :evil6: :tongue:
You could always come over and watch it with K... this is the one with the double-decker challenge and driving around sumos....

I'm always down for that. I'm not familiar with many episodes, but the few I've seen are great!

camaroz1985
February 2nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Sounds like a great way to spend a couple nights haha

Now that you are into the torrents you can get the recent episodes instead of waiting for BBC America to show them a year later like most people do.

Nemy
February 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
was that the one when jeremy's door fell off?

lol yes I think his door came off on the suspension test :D

Guinss
February 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
lol yes I think his door came off on the suspension test :D

yes left door on suspension test, and when they filled the car with water the right door came off. must have been bad doors on that car :)

Nemy
February 2nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
hahaha i was lmao that episode. but i was trying to find that online video they had this season of a car driving into a mall pond
Posted via Mobile Device

NJD022588
February 4th, 2009, 09:04 PM
yes left door on suspension test, and when they filled the car with water the right door came off. must have been bad doors on that car :)

Anyone know what season and episode number this is?

Nemy
February 4th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Should be Season 10 - Episode 7

http://www.tv.com/top-gear-uk/series-10-episode-7/episode/1151300/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;ep_title;6

Guinss
March 1st, 2009, 01:20 PM
5th Gear is entertaining as well, but after what they did to a pristine black 3rd Gen Supra, I had to boycott it entirely on moral grounds.

what season and episode is that?

miks
March 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
In my opinion, Top Gear is the greatest car-related show so far and probably for ever. The 3 host just work so well together and the cars they get on the show are amazing. The stunts are also mind boggling and hilarious at the same time.

How rich do they have to be able to do all that stuff, for example; mentioned above - buying the Chrysler car because Chrysler didn't want to lend it.

Rich ass BBC fellas.

00v_Lucky
March 2nd, 2009, 02:59 AM
the only information that sticks inside of my head from this show is one thing.

American cars/bikes suck and if they make something decent, the U.S. stole the idea from some other country.

amirite

NJD022588
March 3rd, 2009, 01:21 AM
the only information that sticks inside of my head from this show is one thing.

American cars/bikes suck and if they make something decent, the U.S. stole the idea from some other country.

amirite

Well for the bikes part, it's just Jeremy voicing his hatred of motorcycles.

But, I have to agree with the whole show's stance on American cars. Mainly, the only thing nice about American cars is the price. You can get a decent cheap car but they seem to be 15 years behind in reliability and the styling is generally just so ugly. The interiors are the cheapest sounding, looking, feeling, etc. And why are our cars so HUGE? I know other manufactures build huge cars, but they are built to sell to Americans.

hieuster
March 9th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Top Gear is awesome! I keep up with all of their latest episodes. I love their humor. Can't wait til June.