View Full Version : looking for the SE rim tape

zartan
January 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Hi guys! I know you can get tape at tapeworks but I am looking for the thinner tape used on the special edition wheels. A dealer I went to yesterday could not find it on the parts list and I could not find it on Babbits, although I can find the decals for the Special edition fairing.But no mention of rim tape. any suggestions? Help

HKr1
January 29th, 2009, 08:27 AM
http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/product.asp?Id=340E46FDDDF&Sub=5&SId=3404ACEFDDF

For the SE, you need to buy the rims. Look at the wheel P/N's, they end in B(black/green).

zartan
January 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks !

that would be about 20 bucks a wheel US + shipping.

BlueTyke
January 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Okay this is an odd question... But if I wanted to get a dark purple rim tape for a Black 06 SE Haibusa how could I find that? tapework is rather confusing...

kkim
January 29th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Okay this is an odd question... But if I wanted to get a dark purple rim tape for a Black 06 SE Haibusa how could I find that? tapework is rather confusing...

call them up and ask? :D

BlueTyke
January 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM
You mean you don't have an answer for me Kelly!?

kkim
January 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
thought I did give you an answer:confused:... you getting cabin fever?? First sign is asking questions that have just been answered. :suspicious:

BlueTyke
January 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
THE answer.

sjsharks33
January 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Im pretty sure the green on the SE rims are painted on and not a rim tape. I do like the thinner stripe on the wheels versus the wider rim tape I see.

kkim
January 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
John,

Click on the link in HKr1's post. :)

What you say may be true about it being painted on, but the thinner rim tape is available, although overseas.

zartan
January 29th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks everyone. It looks like tape to me, but I will go touchy feely it next time I am in.

HKr1
January 30th, 2009, 03:09 PM
The stock rims on my R1 had yellow stripes, I covered them with black. It was pretty thin stuff, think it came from e-bay. This was back in 06, who knows if he still around,,,,,, Let me have another drink(RUM). I might have answer to who he was :D

Edit:
I found the box, he sent me extra tape. So I have his name and address, says it 1/4" stuff. I remember he had all diff colors. Maybe will skim thru my e-bay feed back & see if I can find out more.....if it goes back that far?

Tape is kinda of pain in the arse to put on, if you dont have front & rear stands..... I would wait till you do. I had a nice yellow line to follow, and still found hard to put on real straight.