View Full Version : New 300 owner!

Aurodox
March 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Made a call to a dealer yesterday asking about the price of the 300. Dealer told me I'd have to go down there to talk numbers, so I took the trip down there to go check out the bikes. Long story short, I ended up leaving with one. Feel free to hate, but I think the white is the absolute best looking color ever. I'm pretty excited to have a bike again. And best part is that this bike is really my bike. Picked it up with 0 miles. I am the first and only rider of the bike! Hooray for maintenance history! Anyways, I'm sure you all would rather see pictures instead of me go on and on, so here you are!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z216/dudelike89/300/DSC_0659.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z216/dudelike89/300/DSC_0663.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z216/dudelike89/300/DSC_0666.jpg

antiant
March 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Awww, congrats! I love the white color as well and think it's the best color too (I wish there was an ABS option for the white). If you do not mind me asking, what was the OTD?

Byakkotai
March 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Yes, I like this color too hehe...nice job capturing the "pearl" aspect of this color :thumbup:

Time to put some miles on...like today!

Motofool
March 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Congratulations, Drew !!!

...........and many miles of pure joy.........

Snake
March 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Sweet looking bike.

Aurodox
March 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks all! OTD price for this was 6, which I thought was a pretty good deal given the fact that riding season is here in CA.

superflytako
March 24th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Congrats man, sweet looking bike you got :thumbup:

JohnnyBravo
March 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Congrats on a great lookin ride

Jiggles
March 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM
The black is $400 cheaper :D

Aurodox
March 24th, 2013, 10:12 PM
The black is $400 cheaper :D

I've officially been Jiggled. :cool:

psych0hans
April 3rd, 2013, 03:05 AM
Congratulations!!! She's a beauty :D

Darling Ninja
April 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Congrats!! :thumbup:

I'm actually waiting for a call back from Bert's to see if they can beat the OTD quote I got from Del Amo. Hoping they can do it.

Aurodox
April 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Congrats!! :thumbup:

I'm actually waiting for a call back from Bert's to see if they can beat the OTD quote I got from Del Amo. Hoping they can do it.

Best of luck! If you don't mind me asking what is the OTD price they are trying to beat? I'm not from Azusa so I actually took a trip down to Bert's and they were super accommodating. They also gave us a better price than what the local dealer wanted. A day after the purchase my rear turn signal bulb burnt out, so I emailed my salesman and he mailed me a replacement. Super happy with the service at Bert's!

Darling Ninja
April 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
^^^No, I don't mind.

Del Amo's OTD quotes:

White non-ABS (5,400)
Green ABS (6,000)

Bert's said that Del Amo's quote was aggressive and they didn't think they could beat it, but they'd try.

I also called a dealer in Santa Monica and they guy told me they only have black ones. He told me to call back next week when he will receive a new shipment, and he'll try to beat the price.

Aurodox
April 3rd, 2013, 09:30 PM
^^^No, I don't mind.

Del Amo's OTD quotes:

White non-ABS (5,400)
Green ABS (6,000)

Bert's said that Del Amo's quote was aggressive and they didn't think they could beat it, but they'd try.

I also called a dealer in Santa Monica and they guy told me they only have black ones. He told me to call back next week when he will receive a new shipment, and he'll try to beat the price.

Those are some excellent prices!! Especially considering that riding season has started in CA. Good job on the find! :thumbup:

tfkrocks
April 3rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
Man, I wish I could've paid $6k for a 300. That's a sweet price!

JohnnyBravo
April 3rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
Got my Green hornet OTD $5883... Happy happy happy

drbyatch
April 3rd, 2013, 11:43 PM
odometer at 0 ?

in Australia the RTA ( DMV ) or replace with your local goverment body motor vehicle registry, have to put their grubby hands on it testing.

so all vehicles have 11-12 kms on them even if the dealer hasn't moved it a nano meter.

allanoue
April 4th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Got my Green hornet OTD $5883... Happy happy happy

You need to update your profile.

JohnnyBravo
April 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
The DMV here required the title to say 1mile... But the odometer read 0 when I hopped on it :)...
Ill look into the changin of the profile sir

aeroblade
April 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Congrats buddy! White is the perfect color for the 300! :)

Aurodox
April 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM
odometer at 0 ?

in Australia the RTA ( DMV ) or replace with your local goverment body motor vehicle registry, have to put their grubby hands on it testing.

so all vehicles have 11-12 kms on them even if the dealer hasn't moved it a nano meter.

That's not ideal. I guess they are more hands on than the US government. I know that every bike here has to pass certain regulations and what not, but I'm not sure of the process. Though my odometer said 0, there was ~0.3 miles on the odo when I bought it. My trip meter said 0.7 while the odo said 1. Not a big deal, but that 0 number sure is sexy!

Congrats buddy! White is the perfect color for the 300! :)

I agree! Thanks everyone :D :thumbup:

JohnnyBravo: Congrats on your purchase. Make a thread to show it off!

JohnnyBravo
April 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Aurodox I just may when I learn how to better navigate forums

Malicious Logic
April 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Grats man, looks good! Couldn't help but laugh a little at the fact that they used the whole "we can't talk numbers until you come here" bit AND that it actually worked and got them a sale but hey! if you're happy with it, guess that's all that matters!

Darling Ninja
April 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Aurodox - Did you pay cash or finance? I will be financing if I end up getting it.

Aurodox
April 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Grats man, looks good! Couldn't help but laugh a little at the fact that they used the whole "we can't talk numbers until you come here" bit AND that it actually worked and got them a sale but hey! if you're happy with it, guess that's all that matters!

You say it like it's a bad thing. I'm not a fan of acting dissinterested when trying to buy something. I'm not manipulative kind of person. If they can cut me deal, I'll gladly buy from them. I don't feel the need to act dissinterested because bottom line, if I wasn't interested I wouldn't be calling asking them in the first place. I know my limits, and they gave me a better deal than locally.

Aurodox - Did you pay cash or finance? I will be financing if I end up getting it.

Financed. Kawasakis interest rate isn't bad at the moment.

codythomashunsberger
April 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM
The jealousy tears are streaming down my sad little bikeless face.

Congrats! The white ones are absolutely the best color. I sat on a 300 at a bike convention last month and it only made my desire for one burn stronger.

NewbieNinja
April 6th, 2013, 03:24 PM
MHmm.. I'm actually considering one.. too much good reviews. Currently selling my GSX-R600 to a buddy because hes needs a means of transportation. I'm trying to figure if this would be a downgrade or an upgrade.

allanoue
April 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Depends on why you ride. I live for the twisties. It is a a fun economical bike and will have no problem keeping up with 600cc bikes in the twisties but on the freeway...

Edit: it is a good bike on the freeway it is just not going to keep up with 600+cc bikes going WOT

Aurodox
April 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM
MHmm.. I'm actually considering one.. too much good reviews. Currently selling my GSX-R600 to a buddy because hes needs a means of transportation. I'm trying to figure if this would be a downgrade or an upgrade.

Depends on what riding means to you. I'm assuming the GSX-R600 is a super sport. I used to ride a CBR600RR before I got the 300. No doubt about it, the CBR is wayyy faster than the 300. The suspension on the CBR sucked however. The seat was practically made of concrete. Overall the bike was very uncomfortable, but very fun to ride. I sat on a friends GSX-R750 which was very soft and comfortable. The 300 is fairly comfortable. I just went on an hour long ride around and it wasn't too bad at all. A lot better than my CBR. The 300 isn't a super sport though, so if you absolutely need to go mach 1 in a few seconds, this isn't the bike for you. Everyone always told me when I was riding that you needed the power of a supersport to get you out of hairy situations... I now disagree. The 300 is on par with a nice performing car. If you can drive a car that has more power than most on the road without needing more power to get out of hairy situations, I would conclude that a bike that is faster than most vehicles on the road will do just fine as well. The 300 isn't slow, it just doesn't accelerate like a fighter jet. People have said that the brakes are trash. I find that the brakes work just fine for my needs. I'm not a track guy, but I've done a few emergency stops and have never felt that I needed more braking power. Overall, I'd recommend the ninja 300 if you are a confident rider who enjoys riding for riding. If you feel that you need the power of a super sport to be cool or to fit in, maybe this might not be the bike for you. But if you do feel like you need tons of power to be cool, you may have some other issues. :p

Hope this little rambling helps you out. I'd definitely go test ride one if at all possible. I test rode it to see if it could do highway speeds. Oh can it ever. I was doing an indicated 80-90 earlier and the bike was loving it. People also say that the smaller bikes get blown around by wind...While it was windy, especially when passing trucks, I do not understand how a bike can be blown around by wind. Perhaps its the fact that I weigh ~215, or perhaps it's cause I've been on bikes since a young age, but I am yet to have a gust of wind physically control where my bike goes. I'm just always unconsciously countersteering with every little gust that hits me.

Hope it helps. :thumbup:

NewbieNinja
April 6th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Depends on what riding means to you. I'm assuming the GSX-R600 is a super sport. I used to ride a CBR600RR before I got the 300. No doubt about it, the CBR is wayyy faster than the 300. The suspension on the CBR sucked however. The seat was practically made of concrete. Overall the bike was very uncomfortable, but very fun to ride. I sat on a friends GSX-R750 which was very soft and comfortable. The 300 is fairly comfortable. I just went on an hour long ride around and it wasn't too bad at all. A lot better than my CBR. The 300 isn't a super sport though, so if you absolutely need to go mach 1 in a few seconds, this isn't the bike for you. Everyone always told me when I was riding that you needed the power of a supersport to get you out of hairy situations... I now disagree. The 300 is on par with a nice performing car. If you can drive a car that has more power than most on the road without needing more power to get out of hairy situations, I would conclude that a bike that is faster than most vehicles on the road will do just fine as well. The 300 isn't slow, it just doesn't accelerate like a fighter jet. People have said that the brakes are trash. I find that the brakes work just fine for my needs. I'm not a track guy, but I've done a few emergency stops and have never felt that I needed more braking power. Overall, I'd recommend the ninja 300 if you are a confident rider who enjoys riding for riding. If you feel that you need the power of a super sport to be cool or to fit in, maybe this might not be the bike for you. But if you do feel like you need tons of power to be cool, you may have some other issues. :p

Hope this little rambling helps you out. I'd definitely go test ride one if at all possible. I test rode it to see if it could do highway speeds. Oh can it ever. I was doing an indicated 80-90 earlier and the bike was loving it. People also say that the smaller bikes get blown around by wind...While it was windy, especially when passing trucks, I do not understand how a bike can be blown around by wind. Perhaps its the fact that I weigh ~215, or perhaps it's cause I've been on bikes since a young age, but I am yet to have a gust of wind physically control where my bike goes. I'm just always unconsciously countersteering with every little gust that hits me.

Hope it helps. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comment, all I use it for is commuting 15mins to and from work.. Sounds like the 300 could get that do for a cheaper price. Now, I just have to see whats up with the CBR500r

Xplorguy
April 6th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the comment, all I use it for is commuting 15mins to and from work.. Sounds like the 300 could get that do for a cheaper price. Now, I just have to see whats up with the CBR500r

NewbieNinja! You need to take a 300 for a ride...you will know right away whether or not it is for you. Yes, the 500's are coming and in three different flavors at that...full fairing, naked, and adventure poser......but they are more money and won't have the character of the new 300...........