View Full Version : 2008 and 2009 blue - Seat cowl issues

NJD022588
January 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM
In December when I was shopping on ebay for a rear seat cowl, every auction was titled "Kawasaki Ninja 250R Rear Seat Cowl 08 09." We all know the '08 candy plasma blue is different from the '09 candy thunder blue, so I sent the guy a message asking which color this auction was for. He replied something like: "Everyone that has bought from me hasnt indicated that there is actually a difference between the two blues, but this action if for candy thunder blue."

Well, thats the color I wanted so I bought it as a Christmas gift to myself on Dec. 25th or 26th. :) I received it in early Jan and the color looked right to me, but I wasnt actually going to be able to compare them until a few weeks later.

Last Friday, I picked up my bike from its wonderful winter storage place in noche_caliente's garage and came home to check. It's the wrong color! :mad: Its pretty noticeable in person (although in the pictures I have attached it doesnt seem that way).

Now, is there anything I can do about this? Ebay customer service? Any requirement of the seller to replace it with the right color? I still have the ebay message that I sent him, and his reply to me telling the color. But theres a catch... while moving back down here and unpacking my car I stupidly dropped in on the pavement causing a slight slight paint chip that you have to look for to see. I dont think I'll be able to return a damaged item, correct?

Another option: About how much would it cost to color match at a local body shop? noche_caliente, do you know of any around the area?

kkim
January 29th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I'd just tell the guy what he shipped wasn't the correct color and take it from there. I assume he's a business, so he may take it back.

Pics of the slight, slight chip?

NJD022588
January 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Pics of the slight, slight chip?

First pic: Just the speck in the center (showed up real well in pictures).. the rest is dust/fuzz/dirt.

Second pic: I just saw this small area next to the "pad" that is a little messed up.

Viper-Byte
January 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I would try to contact the seller and see what they say about the colour mismatch.

HKr1
January 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Offer it up in the "For Sale" section, Then buy another. Try(call) them dudes at Advanced Kawasaki, they had some killer deals on them.

CRXTrek
January 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM
You could spray it yourself for less than a bodyshop would charge
Here is a link to the paint . I have used tihis company before , perfect color match.
http://www.colorrite.com/product/kawasaki-candy-thunder-blue-1499.cfm

noche_caliente
January 31st, 2009, 03:31 PM
There's a place on ellet road where it goes under the smart road - Price's body shop - they're the best shop I know of in the area. Might also call the place across the street from Duncan - the custom shop - nice guys - I have their card around here somewhere...

TrueFaith
February 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM
You'd have a much better chance of returning it if it hadn't been damaged. What is the seller's feedback score? If it's 100% he may want to avoid a complaint at any cost and will accept the return. Or perhaps he will give you a partial refund because of the damage. In over 500 transactions on eBay, I have never found a seller who wasn't willing to address a buyer's problem, but you have to initiate contact first. I doubt making a claim with PayPal would do anything, as it doesn't fit the usual reasons for a claim. The seller may have been unaware of the color change, but it was also your responsibility to do your research and make sure of what you were buying.

tlhamon
February 11th, 2009, 05:30 AM
You could try a trick, I'm not sure which will work. You could put a light blue tank pad type sticker on it and that may make it look darker (optical illusion caused by your brain trying to make sense of things) or you may need a lighter color. Not sure which will work in this case. The effect is that the pad will change the perception of the color and make it less noticable.

CZroe
October 5th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Was this resolved? Do you still have an '08 CP Blue cowl? How much would you be willing to sell it for? Is it the newer version with the notch for using the helmet hooks?