View Full Version : What color would you get now?

OldGuy
February 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Chances are the OldGuy is going to replace his Red 2001 with a 2009 in the next few weeks.

If you had it to do over with what color would you go with. Vote in the poll give me your thoughts.

kkim
February 1st, 2009, 09:35 PM
:D
what a silly question!!

congrats on schmoozing the CFO. :thumbup:

OldGuy
February 1st, 2009, 09:39 PM
what a silly question!!

But can the "special edition" really be considered Kawasaki Green?

And, you didn't vote - too many "green bottles" during the Super Bowl:rolleyes:

kkim
February 1st, 2009, 09:40 PM
true... true, but it's closer than any of the "other" colors.

You should buy what you like and strongly consider what the wife likes, too. Everyone else's opinion will be biased... except mine, of course. :p

Super Bowl... that was today?? :D

maxedpenny
February 1st, 2009, 10:17 PM
I am getting my bike painted to repair some damage so this question came up. I love the black but feel I should get a non oem color because a custom paint job is better than a oem one;) I want to get a really dark gun metal but will prob just do black anyways.

k-os
February 1st, 2009, 11:50 PM
For some reason I really don't like the "Special Edition" paint job. I do, however, really like white.

Trozza
February 2nd, 2009, 02:18 AM
I'd get one of the coloured ones, makes it easier to see you on the road. I personally went with Red, mainly because there were only two for sale in my area, black and red, and even then I had to drive for an hour and a half to get the red one. But I would have liked to have purchased a green one, but none around here. :( So my vote is for green, as long as your patient. I was told that I would have to wait about 6 weeks for a green one.

toku
February 2nd, 2009, 06:01 AM
I originally wanted on 08 red one but the dealership only had a black one, I didn't really feel like waiting and got the black. Since then the color has really grown on me and if I had to choose again I'd definitely go with the black one now. The all black scheme just seems classy and I guess more sophisticated to me. Obviously it is black though so visibility could become a concern.

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Blue blue blue blue blue blue! :D

No I am not biased or anything...

Really though it should be up to what you are interested in as Kelly said

Sound Wave
February 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
i really like the green, but not really the new paint scheme for 09. maybe it will grow on me.

while the red and blue are nice, i chose the black because i always wanted a black car but couldn't commit to the upkeep. also, it looks more like the "bigger" bikes. plus.. it just looks bad ass! :D

although, as with black cars, it shows smudges really easily. if i keep this bike for a long time, i may end up painting it white, or a dark gunmetal to match my car and helmet.

Alex
February 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
I think that black is usually the best choice on an ugly motorcycle. Everything blends in when it's all black, and the uglyness is somehow muted. When the 08 CBR1000RR came out, its shape was so strange looking to many, that the black one looked best as it hid some of the awkward angles.

http://hondacbr1000.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/cbr1000rr.jpg

http://usamotorcycling.com/mc2008/honda-08-CBR1000RR/08_CBR1000RR_Det6.jpg

Same thing when the new for 07 GSXR1K came out. Black looked the best, because the new shape was a bit strange.

The ninjette has a great shape. And it looks great in any bright color. Looks just fine in black too, but IMO it doesn't need to be black to hide any design weirdness. It's just an attractive bike all around.

OldGuy
February 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
The ninjette has a great shape. And it looks great in any bright color. Looks just fine in black too, but IMO it doesn't need to be black to hide any design weirdness. It's just an attractive bike all around.

Alex - with an answer like that are you sure your not in politics?

Alex
February 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
No politics for me! :peace: :D

Trozza
February 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
wow, your right with that cbr alex, looks crap in red, has to be black.

noche_caliente
February 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
I wanted blue, but black is what I could find, so that's what I got! Now, I love her and wouldn't trade her for anything :) Besides that, it's the only color that photographs accurately in my opinion.... the red usually looks mottled, the green can come off kind of sickly, and the tones of the blue just don't come through very well... the others just don't get their due when in pictures...

aloh
February 2nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Need more love for blue!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x241/aloh874749/CIMG5511.jpg?t=1233616067

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
I dont know Kim... Alex's blue one looks pretty clear to me! :D Of course I am biased.

kazam58
February 2nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
I gotta say, I love the blue. I'm not a fan of green as a color period (yea, i'm gonna flamed for this, i know :p) I waited over a month for my bike with no knowledge of what color it was going to be though, so the fact that you have a choice means you should really just go with what you like best. I'm not sure of the '09 blue though, it looks a little less brilliant than the '08, but that might just be pictures. I know the 08 blue puts my dad's Subaru WRX to shame...

noche_caliente
February 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
i know the 08 blue puts my dad's subaru wrx to shame...

blasphemy!!!!

aloh
February 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
I just like the blue lots because it has much more depth than the other colors. Its not a regular gloss color, but it has a very nice pearl effect and its intensity changes in different light conditions and viewing angles. The black, red, and green offered by kawi, IMO, are less dynamic

*flamesuit on*

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Blue matches my eyes??? :D

kazam58
February 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
The real question is, does it match his (OldGuy's)???

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Doesn't matter to me... My bike makes me look good (hah! while it does give me appeal I am not that vain... The shirt "Does this bike make my butt look fast?" came to mind )

kazam58
February 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
lol, I was just trying to continue your original joke. Perhaps I kilt it :o

BlueTyke
February 2nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Nah it is all in good fun :)

Sailariel
February 2nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
My 08 is Green. I like the green but am tempted to change colour. Changing colour involves the tank, fairing, and tail section. We have a guy here in town who does superb custom paint jobs. I am thinking of a pearlescent yellow with black trim--a wide accent stripe similar to the Ducati would really look dramatic. I would then have my wheels anodized in gold. Probably won`t happen right away since I have other priorities like a Zero Gravity Touring windscreen, chrome plating the shift lever, brake pedal, and passenger foot peg hangers, possibly the front sprocket guard, and anything else that is easily removable.

Kurosaki
February 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
Black. Always black.

Accept no substitutes

Kurosaki
February 2nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
I wanted blue, but black is what I could find, so that's what I got! Now, I love her and wouldn't trade her for anything :) Besides that, it's the only color that photographs accurately in my opinion.... the red usually looks mottled, the green can come off kind of sickly, and the tones of the blue just don't come through very well... the others just don't get their due when in pictures...

Someone knows what's up.

Once you go black, you don't go back.

:cool:

I originally wanted on 08 red one but the dealership only had a black one, I didn't really feel like waiting and got the black. Since then the color has really grown on me and if I had to choose again I'd definitely go with the black one now. The all black scheme just seems classy and I guess more sophisticated to me. Obviously it is black though so visibility could become a concern.

Another believer.

LuckyDog
February 4th, 2009, 02:24 AM
http://www.bikeindia.in/uploadimages/2009-ninja-250r-1.jpg

Funny how Kkim's beloved Green Ninja has more Black in it in '09. They call it a Special Edition cause the Black on the Green bike makes an already Fast Ninja ... Hella Fast. Just imagine how fast u would go if it was ALL Black. :p

For me ..... Black was the Only way to go. :cool:

kkim
February 4th, 2009, 04:26 AM
wrong-o-padawan. :p

Kawasaki actually got complaints from non green owners on how fast the green bikes were compared to the others. In an effort to appease the whiners, they mixed in a touch of the slowest color they could find... black. That seems to have done the trick as the SE bikes are now just marginally faster than the other colors in 09.

If you don't beleive me, ask CC Cowboy. He had a green bike and it was so fast, he had to sell it to stay alive. Besides, he wouldn't lie. :D

You do know that the all green 08 bikes got the special engines, right? :confused:

it's true!!!
:cool:

talldrink
February 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE and by the way........

BLUE!!!;)

Alex
February 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I agree, Deb! (except red) ;)

Ninja007
February 5th, 2009, 10:22 AM
everybody has a black or red bike, soooooo.......BLUE! :D

g21-30
February 7th, 2009, 04:23 PM
BLACK is BLACK :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=459

g21-30
February 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Look likes more Ninjettes Favor BLACK than Green!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=460

:allhail:

LuckyDog
February 7th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Well you know MOST people with Green bikes are just Green with envy over the people that have a BLACK Ninjette. :p

P.s.
If you look at my Signature .... The reason it's a Green Ninjette is cause the Black one is soo fast ..... it's out of the picture. :D

g21-30
February 8th, 2009, 05:49 AM
The "silent majority" speaks! :D We better watch out. kkim will go to those other forums and recruit more green bikes! :eek:

conchwanab
February 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Love my (holy crap this thing is fast!!!)2008 GREEN ninjette but the 09 color scheme just does'nt do it for me.I did see a white Suzuki at the dealership I go to and thought that a pearlized white on the ninjette would look awesome!!I would have to get another one because my wicked fast GREEN one just can't be replaced:D

BlueTyke
February 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
You are all amusing... Just thought I would share...

In secret voice: you all say I have issues... :D

Kurosaki
February 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Black wins.

Sorry, Kelly. Your green gospel is no longer welcome here. :D

kkim
February 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM
all it says is that there are a lot of slower bikes here than the speediest of all colors... green. not everyone can qualify for the privilege nor handle the awesome responsibility of owning these rare and exceptionally fast bikes.

if anything, it shows that my job here is larger than originally scaled and that my mission of educating people that green bikes are the fastest has a loooong way to go.

thanks for pointing that out!

islanderman7
February 8th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Black wins.

Sorry, Kelly. Your green gospel is no longer welcome here. :D

:cheers:

g21-30
February 10th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I wonder if Alex would consider making this a sticky........nah :D

OldGuy
February 10th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Well the OldGuy has made his decision, put money down on an '09 and will pick it up in the next few days. What did he get? :decision:

Stay tuned for a new thread.

kkim
February 10th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Congrats, OG. I know it's not green! :D

OldGuy
February 10th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Congrats, OG. I know it's not green! :D

And how do you know that my friend?

kkim
February 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I know how much you paid. :)

Blue Monkey
February 12th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Cool congrats on the new bike. I wonder what color it will be? Any hints? I love the blue.

Alex
February 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM
His secret is out; read to end of this thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13353).

PSO-08ninja250rblack
February 13th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Ones you go black you never go back!

bikermunda
February 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM
BLACK is BLACK :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=459

what does the special edition has that other people dont have ?

Alex
February 13th, 2009, 02:32 PM

(this is the only post on the board that will ever let you in on this little secret, so keep it close to the vest. the only differences between any US-bound ninjette from 2008 onwards are the color of the fairings, the OEM tires that it comes with, there are 3 different tire vendors, and it's pretty much random which one you'll get, and California-spec bikes have some more exhaust plumbing. The SE just refers to the neat paint scheme available for 2009 that has green, white, and black in it. keep in mind that these facts do not matter a whit on this board, and in fact within the confines of ninjette.org, it's common knowledge that red bikes are the fastest.) :D

kkim
February 13th, 2009, 02:32 PM
lots of imagination. :)

kkim
February 13th, 2009, 02:33 PM
(this is the only post on the board that will ever let you in on this little secret, so keep it close to the vest. the only differences between any US-bound ninjette from 2008 onwards are the color of the fairings and the OEM tires that it comes with, there are 3 different tire vendors, and it's pretty much random which one you'll get. The SE just refers to the neat paint scheme available for 2009 that has green, white, and black in it. keep in mind that these facts do not matter a whit on this board, and in fact within the confines of ninjette.org, it's common knowledge that green bikes are the fastest.) :D

fixed your error for ya'! :D

bikermunda
February 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
fixed your error for ya'! :D

so green is fastest or red is ?

kkim
February 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
green!!!

Alex
February 13th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Red. Because in addition to being red, which simply rocks on its own, red is not green, and we all know that anything green is always going to be slower.

kkim
February 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
pretty illogical for an en-gun-neer. :p

g21-30
February 13th, 2009, 02:54 PM

Don't get the SE mixed up with the LE (Limited Edition). The BLACK bike (LE's) are so fast, the only clear pictures you can get of them are when they are sitting still! The rest of the time they are all blurry! :thumbup:

kkim
February 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM
The rest of the time they are all blurry! :thumbup:... in the minds of their owners. :lol:

Ninja007
February 13th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I would like to liken the current debate to the different colors of fire. normal fire (red) is pretty hot. but as the flame gets hotter it will move to a green color. and finally, as the flame reaches its' hottest and most spectacular form is when it is blue! :D

OldGuy
February 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I would like to liken the current debate to the different colors of fire. normal fire (red) is pretty hot. but as the flame gets hotter it will move to a green color. and finally, as the flame reaches its' hottest and most spectacular form is when it is blue! :D

:fencing: Ouch score one for Jake.

00v_Lucky
February 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM
we all know that the blue fairings are 20lbs. lighter than the rest. =] (the '09 blue btw. the '08 blue looks too tacky imo)