View Full Version : Samsung Instinct...

xTKx
February 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Just wondering if anyone in the ninjette community has one of these phones. I've been eye-ing it since Christmas time but didn't have enough money. So, for my birthday this passed weekend, my family pitched in and got it for me. So far, I absolutely love it!! If anyone has it and has any tips/tricks for it, just let me know. Thanks!!

grandmaster
February 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
My buddy has one and loves it....he went from the Iphone to the Blackberry bold, to the instinct. He said he liked the blackberry better, but the instinct kills the iphone.

OldGuy
February 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
My niece works in Sprints new product development so I got to play with one last May and over Christmas. Nice phone that a lot a people like because they don't have to think like a Mac as some people say the iPhone makes you do. The only draw back for me is that you can't synchronized MS Outlook information with the Instinct. If they get that feature I'll be there faster than a two-fiddy can get across an intersection

xTKx
February 2nd, 2009, 01:31 PM
My buddy has one and loves it....he went from the Iphone to the Blackberry bold, to the instinct. He said he liked the blackberry better, but the instinct kills the iphone.

Honestly, I've got a couple of friends w/ iPhones that I've played around with and, frankly, I like the Instinct much better! Maybe b/c I'm biased though :) The only things the Instinct needs is more apps to download (though I'm told that many are sure to come seeing as the Instinct runs Java in the background).

My niece works in Sprints new product development so I got to play with one last May and over Christmas. Nice phone that a lot a people like because they don't have to think like a Mac as some people say the iPhone makes you do. The only draw back for me is that you can't synchronized MS Outlook information with the Instinct. If they get that feature I'll be there faster than a two-fiddy can get across an intersection

LOL! Honestly, I see that as a downer too, though I'm sure they'll think of something....hopefully. I use MS outlook at work, so it'd be nice to be able to get e-mails away from work (well, maybe it won't be that nice...) :D

noche_caliente
February 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
can it sync with google? you can import things from google into outlook and then to the instinct maybe? I love my google calendar, and use it with my blackberry, as there's an ap that I could download... I'm jealous that you got the instinct - the curve is all that I could get here, but I do rather like it!

xTKx
February 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
I honestly don't know. I haven't heard that it could (but then again, I'm still learning this crazy thing)! I love my phone though. I tried the voice enabled GPS navigation yesterday on the way to work and it worked like a charm! It told me what the exit number was, how far away it was once I got on the interstate, and had audible warnings of turns coming up.