View Full Version : Oxide - 40 day delay

SabreValkyrn
April 11th, 2013, 06:53 PM
In reference to this thread: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=125346

I sent $45 in payment via paypal on March 5th, he was supposed to ship it March 6th.

I get a PM from him on March 18th, "hey an update, i got caught up at work. it'll be sent out either today or tomorrow."

Sent him a PM asking for status on April 2nd. No response.

He hasn't been seen online since March 18th. 30+ days late on shipment and no response for 15 days.

His paypal email is darick.tinker@aol.com with payment sent to fiddylifetk@gmail.com

Googled his name to see if he had died or something. Came across http://daricktinker.com/

I am not pleased.

EMSRacer07
April 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM
should file refund for paypal asap if you hadnt already.

Seems like he is a shady character. If you demand a refund in paypal he will have to respond or they will take money from his bank to refund you. I would do it since its almost been 45 days.

Alex
April 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Oxide - response?

Jono
April 11th, 2013, 07:30 PM
That sucks!

Definitely see if paypal will refund the money.

lgk
April 11th, 2013, 07:36 PM
should file refund for paypal asap if you hadnt already.

Seems like he is a shady character. If you demand a refund in paypal he will have to respond or they will take money from his bank to refund you. I would do it since its almost been 45 days.

Definitely do this.

SabreValkyrn
April 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Just got a PM.

**** im so sorry. I just got the notification. I had to move, I've got a stack of boxes sitting here. My roommates told me on short notice that I had to move.
You WILL have a tracking number very shortly.

EMSRacer07
April 11th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Just got a PM.

If I were you I would keep track on how long you have to get a refund from paypal. If you go beyond the limit you wont have a chance to get a refund.

Jono
April 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Still a crappy seller even if he does eventually send it out. He's had over a month to ship it. You have better patients than me.

psych0hans
April 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
:( major bummer! It's douche bags like this who ruin the net experience for everyone...

SabreValkyrn
April 11th, 2013, 08:32 PM
If I were you I would keep track on how long you have to get a refund from paypal. If you go beyond the limit you wont have a chance to get a refund.

It's been 37 days, he has 4 more before I request a refund.

Sigh.

SabreValkyrn
April 12th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Just submitted a refund ticket to paypal.

Has until May 1st before it closes/gets escalated to a claim.

Singh2jz
April 18th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Good luck! but that website is crazy..they got a whole profile on the guy!

SabreValkyrn
April 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM
He recently sent me/Paypal a PM with USPS tracking number with ETA for Friday.

xSean13
April 18th, 2013, 05:17 PM
What does it say the weight of the package is?

Anyways, regarding buying items on these forums, I'd request pics of the item with their username hand-written on a piece of paper next to it w/ the date. That could at least help minimize some problems.

SabreValkyrn
April 18th, 2013, 05:20 PM
USPS doesn't have a weight I can find.

He sent it Priority mail from Florida to Washington, so that gives him some points back.

Good tip about picture and signature, I'll use that in the future.

Oxide
April 20th, 2013, 06:00 AM
5lbs want a pic of the receipt if I still have it? as for the site victor got upset when I asked for more then projected on the shipping price after package got held up in customs to Canada. but all of my follies has either had part delivered. or a refund. I've made mistakes but I try to make good on them. victors mistake was he didn't follow the story by the truth. my mistake was I let it happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

psych0hans
April 20th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Oxide still doesn't explain why it so long for you to send it... Anyways, alls well that ends well, good luck for he future.

Oxide
May 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Actually I did explain it, i had to pack up and move on short notice. But I doubt you read that part. And it got lost in an assortment of boxes.

caps
May 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM
That doesn't excuse it. If you can't ship it, don't accept the money.

Alex
May 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
SabreValkyrn - did you receive the package yet?

Oxide
May 8th, 2013, 08:46 AM
I could have shipped it, I made a mistake of forgetting about it around the sale time it was raining ALOT and i was busy with work and racing. Initially when he purchased it he said no rush. So when I got around to shipping it it'd go out. Then I got busy with stuff, and it's handled now and So Caps your input is not needed. Thanks and EaD
And The Money was sitting in my paypal the whole time.

Alex: yeah he recieved it on the friday that i told him he'd recieve it.

USPS: 9505510557903107357421

caps
May 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
So Caps your input is not needed. Thanks and EaD

I'm sorry could you elaborate on that? And please don't take 40 days to respond.

Oxide
May 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry could you elaborate on that? And please don't take 40 days to respond.

Certainly, I got busy working as Spring Break was around and I work at a Gokart Track, so they tend to get busy. i had other personal things going on. Shipping it out had slipped my mind entirely, the only reason I remembered it was I went into paypal to order some parts for my Race mini and saw $65 in my account when I only expected $15.
I messaged the OP, and told him I had forgotten then he told me no rush as it was raining where he was as well. So I put it off to the side to wait til it wasn't raining.
Plus As you Personally SHOULD know Mat, I only ride a Motorcycle. So i'm NOT going to deliver a package when it's raining and have the box get ruined.
I used to ride 30-45min each way to work, I now am 5min away from work as i live in Tampa now near Mosi. So when i was packing it got lost in a shuffle of boxes.
The reason for moving though is my roommates ex-husband got fired from his job (he was an assistant manager at a 7-11 on 4th in pinellas) and he didn't find another job in time to pay the rent. So he got evicted, my roommates then told me "Hey we're going to need your room asap because ***** Got evicted"
So I was looking for people who needed roommates, which you can ask Sonik. I asked him about renting a room from him since Giddenz had jetted. But our pricing didn't match plus that would have put me even further away from my job, making my commute an hour plus ride.
So I am now renting an apt with my friend and his brother but I made sure to send the item out via Priority instead of first class like I had originally planned. I made sure to ship it before I left for Miami for Round 2 of the race series I run in.

So now Mr. Caps since you know the entire story I won't be responding to you any further.
Thanks and have a good day.

caps
May 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM
And yet... Still didn't answer my question...

SabreValkyrn
May 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM
That I did, in the condition described; albeit a month past initial arrival estimate.

SabreValkyrn - did you receive the package yet?

Alex
May 8th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks. :thumbup:

Seems this has been resolved, and people are free to read into it whatever they choose from the different perspectives provided.

/thread closed.