View Full Version : Partzilla - Avoid

miss_syn
April 13th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Recently I went to order some new parts for my bike from Partzilla - totaling $148 dollars. I realized it wasn't very likely that I would get my parts immediately being that they probably stock very little. Okay, fine. I then have the charge posted to my credit card. Ten business days later with no tracking information and the parts having not arrived I get a little suspicious and speak to their customer support.

The parent (?) company Power Sports Plus does their customer support. I spoke with a Johnathan R. who, inbetween every question I had to wait at least ten minutes for an answer.

Things I had to wait ten minutes for:
Collecting order information
Response to "what is the status of my order?"
"How do I cancel my order?"

Now here's where it gets good. My parts had a "no estimated ship date" status. I was not informed of this and was under the impression from my order confirmation that my parts should have already arrived. I wanted to cancel my order because I would rather pay more and know I'm getting my parts than wait all summer. Dear old Johnathan tells me he is going to cancel my order. I say fine. I ask where my refund is. After the typical ten minute wait I prompt him again. After another ten minutes I tell him that if he does not answer my question within the next five minutes that I WILL be filing a chargeback on my credit card. Still no answer so I left the chat session.

48 hours later and my partzilla order isn't cancelled. My CC company refunded the money to me in less than four hours and are informed that they are to decline all Partzilla charges to my card.

I would avoid Partzilla due to shady business practices. Also, my order still isn't cancelled.

Stingray1000
April 13th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Good to know! Also Jafrum.com sucks. ordered a 12, sent me an 11 and you can't get ahold of ANYONE!!! Leave a message and they never call back... lol

GearMonkey
April 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Good to know! Also Jafrum.com sucks. ordered a 12, sent me an 11 and you can't get ahold of ANYONE!!! Leave a message and they never call back... lol

I ordered my Helmet from Jafrum, got it really quick, in about 2 or 3 days. No problems.

I have read similar customer complaints online though.

dfox
April 16th, 2013, 04:58 AM
chat is not the best way to get any customer service, let alone good service. Unless of course, that's all they offer...

seems like lots of online motorcycle stores suck. I always order from revzilla or the local shop.

broilmebk
August 28th, 2014, 12:58 PM
FWIW, I ordered from partzilla a few weeks ago. Prices were better than where I ordered before. Had to wait a couple days extra for the parts to come in, but had no issues with them.

cuong-nutz
August 28th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Lately it seems like Partzilla's prices are lower than their competitors, but I haven't had any issues with them the times I've ordered through them.

alex.s
August 28th, 2014, 01:35 PM
chat is not the best way to get any customer service, let alone good service.

if they can not provide something correctly, then they should not pretend that they can. this is a common problem in management of american companies. the view that you're better than you are because you focus on your successes rather than your failures as a company. the view is "we provide chat support too!" instead of "our chat support is a complete failure compared to phone support"

take a look at amazon if you want the best example of the "my farts don't stink" plague.

Toly
September 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Well said!

Chat is good because it can be cut-n-pasted or a screenshot taken and emailed to the CC company.

girlracer
September 19th, 2014, 05:43 AM
I've ordered from them about 3 times, 1st time I didn't get tracking but it arrived. 2nd time and 3rd time, I both got tracking, but had to wait for them to get the parts. I didn't have a problem with waiting, I knew what I was getting into cause if you plan to order a lot you can save quite a bit vs going to the dealer.

Personally if I know I can wait on the parts I don't have a problem with them. But just recently I needed a part it was Sunday and I knew I needed by the next weekend so I just went to the local dealer.

Hero Danny
October 4th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I just got my pitbull stands and spools from revzilla, they shipped quick and were reliable. I was happy with them, :thumbup:

Qomomoko
October 4th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I just got my pitbull stands and spools from revzilla, they shipped quick and were reliable. I was happy with them, :thumbup:

+1 for revzilla!!

there is another I got from Amazon or ebay.. buth they responded well when my visor came crushed :) . . speedaddict or some similar

broilmebk
October 4th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Revzilla is a stellar company. Great CS and exchange/return policy, but you know this thread is for partzilla, not revzilla.

whitby_rob
October 8th, 2014, 05:30 AM
I've ordered a couple times from Partzilla in the past year. Both orders were close to $300 each. I was ordering the replacement hardware for my YSR's, when your just ordering nuts, bolts and collars that's a big order in my mind.

The first order ended up having parts that got back ordered twice, the second time ended up showing as over 6 months. I wish I knew this before placing the order but buying parts for bikes that are 25 years old, I was not really surprised this happened. So after it got updated showing the 6 month delay, I phoned to have these parts cancelled so I could get the rest of the order (finding out then that they wait a month, then ship what's there.). So after about 6-7 weeks, all parts ended up coming in and I received the two shipments within a week and a half of each other.

Second order took about a month to come. Also I guess keeping in mind the shipping to Canada.

I would order from them again but I can see where you are coming from on the Customer Service. When I phoned to talk to someone about my order (emailed first which took about 2 days to get a reply), I got different stories from each person about the state of my order.

On the second order I also phoned in to change a couple items for something else (I typed in the wrong part number and then added something), that lady was good.

toEleven
April 11th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I've had mixed experiences with Partszilla. When things go well, their parts prices are among the best I've seen online, although their shipping can be on the high side.

When things go poorly, as is the current case, they list parts with a delightful "Ships in 1 - 2 business days" notice on the item page. Weeks later you inquire (digitally) why your order has not shipped, and a few days after that you get a reply that a) they don't have the part in their warehouse at all and b) they have no idea when they'll receive it. For what appears to be a large, professional business, that's pretty poor communication. Their payment processing, on the other hand, has no such issue. :rolleyes:

There may be worse experiences out there, but right now I'm finding it tremendously difficult to recommend Partszilla.

Alex
April 11th, 2016, 05:01 PM
/merged

toEleven
April 11th, 2016, 07:56 PM
/mergedAh, there's no s. Typo --> zero search results.:doh:

VaFish
April 12th, 2016, 03:58 AM
I've ordered several times from partzilla.Com, while the parts do seem to arrive slower then other places the prices have been the lowest and I did receive everything I ordered.

InvisiBill
April 21st, 2016, 05:35 PM
If you run into delays on an order, look into the FTC Mail Order Rule (https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order).

In short, they must notify you within the stated timeframe (or 30 days if no time is stated) if they're unable to ship the item in time. If they can ship it later, they must send a notification including a revised shipping date (or a statement that they don't know when it will ship), a way for you to cancel the order, and if the shipping date is unknown, let you know that you can cancel the order at any time before it ships out. If the delay is less than 30 days, non-response to their notification can be considered consent to all this.

Any later delay notices must include the same details (revised shipping date, reason for delay, ability to cancel the order, etc.), but the customer must explicitly consent to the delay, or the order must be cancelled.

Merchants can be fined by the FTC for up to $16,000 per violation. It's in their best interest to keep customers updated and post reasonable shipping times. If Partzilla really says "Ships in 1 - 2 business days" and they don't notify you by the second business day that something won't be shipping out, they're in for a world of hurt.

verboten1
April 21st, 2016, 06:37 PM
Partzilla is the place I order parts I don't need right now. They do not stock anything. Half of my orders are drop shipped, the other half take forever, but I know this, and the price reflects it.
Bikebandit, amazon, or ebay is my goto for quick parts.

JohnnyBravo
August 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM
:werd:

ZeroGravity360
August 8th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Recently I went to order some new parts for my bike from Partzilla - totaling $148 dollars. I realized it wasn't very likely that I would get my parts immediately being that they probably stock very little. Okay, fine. I then have the charge posted to my credit card. Ten business days later with no tracking information and the parts having not arrived I get a little suspicious and speak to their customer support.

The parent (?) company Power Sports Plus does their customer support. I spoke with a Johnathan R. who, inbetween every question I had to wait at least ten minutes for an answer.

Things I had to wait ten minutes for:
Collecting order information
Response to "what is the status of my order?"
"How do I cancel my order?"

Now here's where it gets good. My parts had a "no estimated ship date" status. I was not informed of this and was under the impression from my order confirmation that my parts should have already arrived. I wanted to cancel my order because I would rather pay more and know I'm getting my parts than wait all summer. Dear old Johnathan tells me he is going to cancel my order. I say fine. I ask where my refund is. After the typical ten minute wait I prompt him again. After another ten minutes I tell him that if he does not answer my question within the next five minutes that I WILL be filing a chargeback on my credit card. Still no answer so I left the chat session.

48 hours later and my partzilla order isn't cancelled. My CC company refunded the money to me in less than four hours and are informed that they are to decline all Partzilla charges to my card.

I would avoid Partzilla due to shady business practices. Also, my order still isn't cancelled.

Funny, I ordered a part from partzilla of their ebay site, and I can confirm they sent me a non working clutch switch...

JohnnyBravo
August 9th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Shady is as shady does - almost Forrest gump

Abu_Mishary
February 13th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Shady is as shady does - almost Forrest gump

Will the real slim shady please stand up?

JohnnyBravo
February 14th, 2017, 09:08 AM
:rotflmao: I wish my dog would stand up an quit crushing my spleen

Abu_Mishary
February 14th, 2017, 06:40 PM
:rotflmao: I wish my dog would stand up an quit crushing my spleen

:rotflmao:

JohnnyBravo
February 15th, 2017, 02:11 AM
:rotflmao:

Pup is way too big to be my lap dog

Abu_Mishary
February 15th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Pup is way too big to be my lap dog

Sure he's not a Godzilla instead? It rhymes with the title post. :rotflmao:

highvoltj
February 15th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I have also had some nightmare issue's when ordering parts or items motorcycle related...and impatiently waiting for them to show up only to find that item is on back-order or no longer available...oh, and that was only after I inquired after the specified shipping time was exceeded. :-(
I have had really good results with Motorcycle Superstore,
Awesome deals on tires too!!!
Cheerz!:bounce: