View Full Version : New From Jersey

djindia23
February 5th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hey I was invited by KKim.... i just wanted to come on and say whats up.... any other ninja 250 riders in jersey here??? would definitely love to link up once the weather gets better and can get my ninja back out there...

Alex
February 5th, 2009, 11:00 AM
:welcome: djindia23! Glad you found us...

xTKx
February 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the board djindia! :wave:

Good lookin bike!

kkim
February 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Aloha and welcome! :D

Good to see you here. Check out the member's map stickied on the top of this page... you might find someone in your back yard. While there, put yourself on the map, too.

have fun on the site.
:)

Viper-Byte
February 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
:welcome: to the forums :D

djindia23
February 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM
haha thank you viper and kkim.... i actually just recently got onto the forums in general but learned a lot... they've given me some cool ideas... i wanan talk to others with blue bikes and see what else they've done to theirs... got a list of things im gonna do before the season starts including my own fender eliminator, HIDs, powder coating my rims and then looking into the clip-ons from Woodcraft I've seen... either of you do many mods to your ninjas?

Viper-Byte
February 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Kichu, there is a DIY thread here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586

That has a large amount of mods you can do, yes, I have done a few things, shimmed the needles, installed HIDs, installed full exhaust system, pulled the air intake snorkel, so far. Kelly and others have done more though, But the threads in the link above will keep you going for a while! :D

Alex
February 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I'm originally from Jersey, but haven't been back in awhile. Big props for riding a bike there, it honestly didn't even occur to me as an option until I moved to the other side of the country.

djindia23
February 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Kichu, there is a DIY thread here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586

That has a large amount of mods you can do, yes, I have done a few things, shimmed the needles, installed HIDs, installed full exhaust system, pulled the air intake snorkel, so far. Kelly and others have done more though, But the threads in the link above will keep you going for a while! :D

thanks viper.... i have a lot to look into... im just really torn on the color of powder coating to doo... was also considering the gold color now like the old 636's.... hahaha i feel like a kid in a candy store picking stuff i want...

djindia23
February 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I'm originally from Jersey, but haven't been back in awhile. Big props for riding a bike there, it honestly didn't even occur to me as an option until I moved to the other side of the country.

yeah me and a couple of my friends from college all got bikes... they all got 600s soo its a lil bit of a trip to keep up with them... but most of em aint too bad when i ride with em... but way too many people on the road here wish we had more open roads...

kkim
February 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Wait... don't they have tracks in New Jersey? If I had one in the state that I lived, I would be camped out there every race day.

KJohnson21
February 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
:welcome:

djindia23
February 5th, 2009, 12:58 PM
im not sure if we doo... but i will definitely be lookin into it... i only got my bike like late august... didn't really have much time to ride... cant wait till the weather gets warmer here...

kkim
February 5th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Great time to learn about your bike and do any type of small mods until the the weather warms up.

First mod I'd suggest is a factory service manual if you intend to do the work yourself on your bike.

djindia23
February 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
yeah kkim... i'm already in the process of getting one... emailed one guy from the other forum cuz he posted... waitin for his reply...

kkim
February 5th, 2009, 01:24 PM
don't know what you're paying, but there are printed knock offs of the factory service manuals on eBay for $35... if not, there used to be. :p

djindia23
February 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
well this guy hasnt gotten back to me but was askin for 40... soo i guess its essentially the same thing...

BlueTyke
February 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Welcome from Maryland

And yes. I believe Jersey has a track (http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Motorcycle_turn_by_turn_guide_to_the_New_Jersey_Motorsports_Park).

noche_caliente
February 5th, 2009, 09:21 PM
:welcome: