View Full Version : Got my Bra now what?

BlueTyke
February 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
LOL

Tyke's tank bra came in today. My friend's mom can do some stitch work and said she would be more than happen to do some work on it for me... I think I know what I want but I am not sure where to put it...

I know I want to put Tyke on the upper cover of the bra but what I don't know what to do with is the little motorcycle that looks like Tyke.

Suggestions truely welcome

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/BlueLilTyke/TykeBra.jpg

(Photoshopped the picture... Turned Targa's green machine into a blue machine... So you have a better idea )

kkim
February 5th, 2009, 07:26 PM
(Photoshopped the picture... Turned Targa's green machine into a blue machine... )

sacrilege!! :nono:

BlueTyke
February 5th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Hey does that mean that one is doubly fast? Cause you know... really it was just a Hue slide that turned it from green to blue! :)

But seriously Kelly.. :focus: I need help! (and not the mental kind)

I have to have everything decided and what naught before he leaves to go visit his ma...

kkim
February 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I think it would be nice right dead center in front of you in the panel right below where I think you're planning to put "Tyke". :)

Purspeed
February 5th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Good buy...I should get one of those.

BlueTyke
February 5th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Hummmm

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/BlueLilTyke/TykeBra2.jpg

kkim
February 5th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Yep, that's what I was thinking... but what do I know? :confused20:

More important is, what is it that you want?

BlueTyke
February 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I hadn't thought about putting the motorcycle there actually.. :)

Syphen
February 7th, 2009, 01:25 PM
My honest opinion: Tank bra's will actually cause more scuffing / scratches to the tank in the long run then just an adhesive tank protector. My first bike came with one on it. The tank looked mint except where the bra had been. It trapped dirt in there and after a couple years it had acted as sand paper.

Make sure you take it off regularly and clean it up, clean the tank as well. Don't want to see your tank get messed up.

kkim
February 7th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I would tend to agree. On cars, the only time a bra should be used is when it is absolutely clean and the car is being taken for a cross country drive to protect the nose from debris and bugs. It should be removed as soon as possible and washed and cleaned throughroughly before being used again for the reasons Syphen mentioned.

For those reasons, when I bought a car that had a bra included, I gave it away to a fellow board member who wanted it for that purpose.

I would suggest, if you still want to use the bra, to cover the tank with the clear vinyl protector to protect the tank from the bra. Sounds weird, but it would work. :)

Alex
February 7th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I've had tank bras on a number of my bikes, and never suffered any ill effects to the paint under the tank bra. Never removed them for cleaning, and never worried about it. The concern is real, and I understand how dirt would get under a larger car bra, but for a tank bra on a motorcycle, it's a bit different. For one thing it's not in the windstream, and there is no force pushing dirt or any other debris under it. There is also no wind moving the bra back and forth to scuff or scrape anything underneath, it generally stays put.

If folks are concerned and want to remove them from time to time just to check, no problemo; all I'm saying is that I've never found it necessary in my case, and the tanks still look pristine years later.

g21-30
February 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
When I first saw the title of this thread, I was ROFLMAO. :eek:

BlueTyke
February 7th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Gotta lure you guys in here somehow... :p