View Full Version : Where my Jersey Riders at?

djindia23
February 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM
hey if anyone's from jersey and wants to ride together once the weather gets warmer please let me know...

py2e
March 31st, 2009, 02:09 PM
I'm from jersey!

c_anglada
March 31st, 2009, 08:19 PM
depending on where you decide to ride i could meet up with ya.

M-Oorb
March 31st, 2009, 09:24 PM
Im here in jersey! My bike is currently at home in florida but I plan to bring it up for the 7 weeks that im taking summer classes at Rutgers. Would love to do a group ride...lemme know!

djindia23
April 1st, 2009, 05:43 AM
hey guys... let me know maybe in like a couple of weeks if you guys want to do a group ride... i ride by rutgers and stuff sometimes... there are some nice roads up in like north west jersey that are fun if you're into the curves and leaning just started riding em 3 weeks ago... a lot of fun... lets all pick a weekend... i think ill be riding this weekend cuz the weather's supposed to be nice...

py2e
April 1st, 2009, 01:14 PM
What's a good route around NJ?

djindia23
April 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM
up route 23

py2e
April 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM
That's where I got my bike!

Are you guys free anytime soon? Let's schedule something "official".

BlueTyke
April 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM
depending on where you decide to ride i could meet up with ya.

Might take me a minute but I can too!

py2e
April 1st, 2009, 01:30 PM
Might take me a minute but I can too!

haha, are you coming from Baltimore?

BlueTyke
April 1st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah... Maybe that is to far :)

M-Oorb
April 1st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Ride up with me! we'll meet up to Maryland and meet everyone at Rutgers and head out for a ride...maybe afterwords we could have a ninjette bbq at my house at rutgers!

BlueTyke
April 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
I'll have to look into it..

djindia23
April 6th, 2009, 12:08 PM
lemme know im like 45 minutes from rutgers and me and py2e can come up cuz he's only like 15 minutes from my house... that would be pretty dope to meet up and ride together...

mxnello
May 2nd, 2009, 05:57 AM
add me to the nj list, central jersey, wall township

djindia23
May 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
welcome... we still gotta plan a day for us to all ride together!!!

py2e
May 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I took a short ride today with my friend in Lincoln Park/Bootoon PAL area, and I saw a fellow black ninjette rider at the stoplight! :thumbup: We chatted for a little bit and then went on with our separate ways... but I didn't get a chance to tell him about our forum tho. Sorry guys :(

tinng321
May 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
wait for me guys.
i'm still waiting for my title.

djindia23
May 14th, 2009, 08:27 AM
when do we plan on doing this... and do we just send jen the link to this thread and she can join in on the conversation too???

c_anglada
May 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM
are any of ya going to the NE rally?

ashish87
May 24th, 2009, 05:45 PM
im in south jersey close to philly, i'd be up for a ride. anyone close by with a 250?

M-Oorb
May 24th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not too far
Posted via Mobile Device

ashish87
May 24th, 2009, 08:15 PM
oh you go to rutgers? camden or new brunswick?

djindia23
June 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
i went to rutgers... i graduated in 2007.... who is down to do some riding soon?? weather should be nice this weekend...

lavid2002
June 8th, 2009, 05:37 PM
5 minutes west of AC on the mainland in jerzey, im close...

djindia23
July 15th, 2009, 06:42 AM
soo we still haven't all gotten together to ride yet... whats going on???

dimeified
July 15th, 2009, 07:39 AM
im in nj, but just getting my bike TODAY, i'll need a little expirience on it before i start embarassing myself in group rides trying to get out of first gear :-)

ironglory
July 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I'll bring my car, maybe, just in case. i'm up for some bbq as well.

dimeified
July 15th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Today was day 1 on my bike, i rode all around town up and down through the gears, definately much easier to shift than i expected. next time im going to try to get on route 46, and bring the bike up to 55mph when there aren't alot of cars around. we shall see.

liltenatattoo
July 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM
i'm in jersey, a good route is 517 through sussex county. i have a good route mapped out in my head if anyone ever wants to go on it with me, mostly sussex county. some nice twisty roads, and very pretty roads.
i also have an all female bike run in august, and i take this route, if anyone is interested, i'll make a post with the details on it. it's the 4th annual.

M-Oorb
July 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I just left for the rest of the summer..but will be back in septemberr

dimeified
July 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Damn i can't wait to get my license! 14 more days!

djindia23
August 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
soo whats everyone doing thursday and or friday??? weather is supposed to be good around north jersey and stuff... im off from work on friday... and thursday im free after work...

dimeified
August 3rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
One of these days when i have more miles under my belt i'm going to have to jump in on one of these group rides. At 150miles i'd consider myself a hazzard, i dont know how to share the road yet, hehe.

djindia23
August 11th, 2009, 02:30 PM
we have yet to get a jersey 250 ride together... kinda sad about that... the summer is just about over too....

cifex
August 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I'd probably shoot over to Jersey if it was on the weekend.

dimeified
August 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I finnally got myself out on route 80, route 3, and the garden state parkway. Speedo read 75-80, and i was in the left lane keeping well up with traffic. I would love to get in a group ride in jers, especially because I want people to let me know if they notice any mistakes im making, i.e. leaning too far, not enough, so fourth. Today on the GSP at one point i was in the left lane keeping up with traffic, and to follow the curve of the highway i really had to lean quite a bit (for a newbie that i am) to stay in my lane, i was a little nervous about it, but increased throttle a little to plant the rear, and i went through without a hitch. I would have loved if i had another rider there to tell me "dont ever do that again" or "dude you could have leaned out WAY more if you wanted to, your not gunna fall". I'll tell you one thing though, i felt like i was on a rollercoaster, i felt my stomach drop, especially because this curve is also a hill.

liltenatattoo
August 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM
if you want to find some good people in jersey to ride with try one of these 2 sites. i am friends with a few of them, very good riders, some go to the track, some just ride the roads. there is a big group ride coming up called lobster fest. if you go on that ride, stay way in the back, the front will be way to fast for you. and there is always someone dead last to keep the group together. you'll notice most of the guys on these 2 sites always gear up and are all about saftey, you can learn a lot from some of them. but beware some are squids.
so try tristatesportbikes.com or sportbikeaddicts.com

killerkay3
September 9th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I'm in paramus if anyone wants to ride when the weather is nice

djindia23
September 9th, 2009, 08:15 AM
man i wish this was said to me a few weeks ago... i would have came out with you guys.... i live in teaneck but i went down on route 80 almost a month ago... insurance totaled the bike and my parents wont let me get another one anytime soon.... a bit of advice if you're riding on route 80 be extra careful around exit 59 on the right lane... stay to the left lane around there cuz thats where i hit that bad stretch of road and had massive headshake.... the parkway is a fun ride.... i loved going on there... but be safe out there and always wear your gear everyone...

25ERic
September 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I'm from NJ too, I ride most of the time between Jackson (Six Flags) and Ewing (Trenton) areas. Would love to get a group ride in before winter rolls around. Would be riding much more if it was not for this crap weather we have been having.

cifex
September 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Crap weather???? It's been beautiful out almost every day!

killerkay3
September 9th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Crap weather???? It's been beautiful out almost every day!

Hes a bit farther south and I think its been raining down there

Kawasabi
September 9th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Jersey City right here! :D

ajaygraci
September 9th, 2009, 03:51 PM
im rite by rutgers!! someone wanna go on a ride before winter comes?!?.. i saw a blue 250r by a tattoo shop on 10 the other week... sry i was too distracted to wave back o.O .... so anyone up for it this weekend? i think im gunna try to sell my bike this winter so i can get a 600.. riding on the highway is not that great on my ninja...

mikedabike64
September 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I am from jackson, nj ocean county

mxnello
September 10th, 2009, 03:50 AM
in for a group ride before winter, hooked up this past weekend with 10 riders. Nice secure feeling with a group!

edbro
April 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Bump, anyone in North Jersey want to ride sometime? I'm in Hasbrouck Heights. I don't know too many good roads, need to get a GPS.

djindia23
April 27th, 2010, 05:55 AM
i crashed last year :( but you guys should definitely hit up some of the roads if you go down route 80 west... also check out this site.... it tells you some of the roads around in jersey... enjoy and ride safe

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/nj.html

edbro
April 27th, 2010, 06:31 AM
i crashed last year :( but you guys should definitely hit up some of the roads if you go down route 80 west... also check out this site.... it tells you some of the roads around in jersey... enjoy and ride safe

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/nj.html

Sorry to hear about the crash. Thanks for the link though :thumbup:

dimeified
May 17th, 2010, 03:32 PM
anyone ever hit up the Ringwood NJ area? I was out there on the bike Saturday when I decided to just ride aimlessly. It's like motorcycle track galore, not many cars at all, and roads run around the edges of all the lakes up there.

edbro
May 18th, 2010, 09:02 PM
anyone ever hit up the Ringwood NJ area? I was out there on the bike Saturday when I decided to just ride aimlessly. It's like motorcycle track galore, not many cars at all, and roads run around the edges of all the lakes up there.

Yeah, I was up there a couple weeks back. I took Skyline drive and Greenwood Lake turnpike I believe. It was a nice ride, but I'm still searching for some decent twisties. Man, I wish I lived out in Cali with those canyons.