View Full Version : Extended 300 swing arms and such

JohnnyBravo
April 26th, 2013, 08:10 AM
So I have heard of folks with other swing arms on the 300? But can't figure it out myself... Have you done it? What did you do? I want a lil extra length... Yea I'm in Florida and its just for looks... If I had a shop it would be easier to figure out myself, but every shop I ask says impossible or ya don't want to do that... Uh yea I wanna do it that's why I asked you to.

psych0hans
April 26th, 2013, 08:21 AM
:popcorn:

choneofakind
April 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Know what would look sweet? The single-sided swing arm from Sportisi. It's meant for the 250, but those bikes are so similar it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the swing arms were interchangeable.

Cooler than an extended swing arm in my opinion.

http://www.ninja250forum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4714.0

alex.s
April 26th, 2013, 08:29 AM
florida... land of straight roads. i approve of you disabling your bikes only real ability-- ability to turn-- simply to look good in a straight line.

DaBlue1
April 26th, 2013, 09:01 AM
So I have heard of folks with other swing arms on the 300? But can't figure it out myself... Have you done it? What did you do? I want a lil extra length... Yea I'm in Florida and its just for looks... If I had a shop it would be easier to figure out myself, but every shop I ask says impossible or ya don't want to do that... Uh yea I wanna do it that's why I asked you to.

How much length do you want and how much are you willing to spend?

http://japan.webike.net/products/21035135.html

JohnnyBravo
April 26th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Chone... Yea the single side is sweet, maybe after powder coating my rims!!!

I ride around a town not a track:/, cornering ability doesn't do much for me. Glad you approve though :)

Six inches... 1500 sounds reasonable

choneofakind
April 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Chone... Yea the single side is sweet, maybe after powder coating my rims!!!

Well, the single side arm comes with front and rear rims also, soooooo you might want to decide before you do the powder :p

JohnnyBravo
April 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
:cbrsmiley:
:partytime10:

Gonna look around a bit, I def wouldn't mind a lil extra length on my swing arm... Or will more damn busaheads think I'm raceable. So tired of the super bikes tryin to race me smdh!!!

JohnnyBravo
April 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Still have the green an gold color scheme in my head, who knows where the colors will wind up though

quarterliter
April 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
dont do it.................total poser move. get a busa and do it not a ninja 300

Jiggles
April 26th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Six inches... 1500 sounds reasonable

So you'll be at about what, 8 inches now?

WOTurtle
April 26th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Any more info on that sportisi pro arm?

lgk
April 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM
i seen a couple of 250s do it, so it not impossible.
they just need to build a jig, cut and reweld with spacer.

find a place that builds roll cages, they can build it for cheap.

JohnnyBravo
April 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM
dont do it.................total poser move. get a busa and do it not a ninja 300

You ever strattled a Volkswagen beetle? That's what I look like on a busa!

JohnnyBravo
April 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM
So you'll be at about what, 8 inches now?

Haha wiggle wiggle wiggle

psych0hans
April 26th, 2013, 11:08 PM
:ban:

JohnnyBravo
April 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM
:eek:
:leghump:
No ban

DaBlue1
April 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Any more info on that sportisi pro arm?

I haven't seen it on there website in a few months. empiremotoshop.com (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=http://www.empiremotoshop.com/product/0/79/Swing-Arm-Delkevic&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddelkevic%2Bswingarm%2Bninja%2B250%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DXZo%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1104%26bih%3D570) has some along with quite a few other nice upgrades.

http://www.empiremotoshop.com/image-product/img1216-1354236379.jpg

JohnnyBravo
April 27th, 2013, 04:36 PM
It def looks sweet, I also looked into it one time finding out and forgetting why it's not on the website anymore:/

iGodlyReflexes
October 14th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Here is mine

choneofakind
October 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I bet that really helps with keeping the front wheel down under massive 250 acceleration.

jkv45
October 14th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I bet that really helps with keeping the front wheel down under massive 250 acceleration.

Right.

That's the point of an extended swingarm - and the only reason to install one. It's going to kill the balance of the cycle in corners.

It's a waste of time/money for anything that doesn't have the power and traction to lift the front wheel excessively in a proper drag launch.

More poseur-fab on a streetbike than anything else.

choneofakind
October 14th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Preaching to the choir, Jay. I was being facetious in that post. ;)

:thumbup:

Fwiw, a certain racer on this forum gets som ribbing because he managed to loop his bike during a good hard race start. It is possible for this bike to loft the front, just not easily.

Racer x
October 14th, 2013, 01:31 PM
OK I REALLY NEED AN EXTENDED SWING ARM. if anyone sees one for sale cheap. Let me know. I need to move my rear wheel back four to six inches to fill the fairing. By the rules the fairing must be no more than three inches behind the tire.

jkv45
October 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Preaching to the choir, Jay. I was being facetious in that post. ;)

:thumbup:

I did catch that...

jkv45
October 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
OK I REALLY NEED AN EXTENDED SWING ARM. if anyone sees one for sale cheap. Let me know. I need to move my rear wheel back four to six inches to fill the fairing. By the rules the fairing must be no more than three inches behind the tire.

I guess I was wrong then - there is another (good) reason to get one!

It may even give you some additional high speed stability.

Racer x
October 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Ya and the longer arm will give more room for air to exit the radiator, since it is under the seat.

choneofakind
October 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I did catch that...

Okay good. Just making sure. :lol: I seem to have a habit of not making my humor clear sometimes. My b.

Somchai
October 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM

Eric why don't you go this way?
http://www.(opposite-of-naughty)cycle.com/product-p/a7050ab.htm

JohnnyBravo
October 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Yay... I haven't seen a stretched lil ninja till I saw two this week :thumbup:
There are plenty of reasons to do it, and plenty not to... It's all about what your into.
@iGodleyReflexes where ya get that swing arm???

Racer x
October 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Eric why don't you go this way?
http://www.(opposite-of-naughty)cycle.com/product-p/a7050ab.htm

THANKS
a bit pricy. But cheaper than most optkons. I like Nicecycle. That is where I get my clutch stuff.

Somchai
October 15th, 2013, 02:18 AM
THANKS
a bit pricy. But cheaper than most optkons. I like Nicecycle. That is where I get my clutch stuff.

Eric isn't it possible in the US that you, as a sports-rider in competitions, ask them for a discount and therefore get their stickers on your bike? I know in Germany sometimes you get 20 up to 40 percent in cases like this.
I wish you good success in building up your engine and look for new records then.:thumbup:

LNasty
October 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Stretch it long enough and you can give all your squiddley friends a ride!
http://i.bnet.com/blogs/25770_src.jpg

Racer x
October 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Eric isn't it possible in the US that you, as a sports-rider in competitions, ask them for a discount and therefore get their stickers on your bike? I know in Germany sometimes you get 20 up to 40 percent in cases like this.
I wish you good success in building up your engine and look for new records then.:thumbup:

Thank you. I ordered the extentions. I would rather just pay for the parts and not have to feel an obligation .
Now I can mount my wheel make the fairing and seat ,then finalize the seating position and make shifter linkage and throttle cables and the break line.

jkv45
October 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
^ Good to see something positive came out of this thread!

JohnnyBravo
October 15th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Stretch it long enough and you can give all your squiddley friends a ride!
http://i.bnet.com/blogs/25770_src.jpg

Hey... Das a scoota

JohnnyBravo
October 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM
(I am wrong!)

Fixed it for ya:thumbup:

jkv45
October 15th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Fixed it for ya:thumbup:
Ha! Thanks!

Just trying to do you a favor and save you from spending money to make your bike worse!

And thanks for the "Bad" helpful ratings you gave me.

JohnnyBravo
October 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks, but my bike, my decision... Maybe I can help you someday

jkv45
October 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM
You asked...

Seriously, it's a really bad idea for a street bike.

You're welcome.

JohnnyBravo
October 15th, 2013, 08:18 PM
You asked...

Seriously, it's a really bad idea for a street bike.

You're welcome.

You must not have read the OP.

slickrick
October 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Extended swingarms do seem impractical on a bike that isn't easy to power wheelie without upgrading the exhaust. What are the downsides of single sided swingarms?

jkv45
October 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Extended swingarms do seem impractical on a bike that isn't easy to power wheelie without upgrading the exhaust. What are the downsides of single sided swingarms?
Exactly.

A single-sided swingarm was designed for quick tire changes during endurance racing - the sprocket and chain stay connected and adjusted even when you remove the wheel. The down-side is the weight needed to get the required strength and the design challenges of packaging everything all on one side.

vanman69
October 29th, 2013, 11:35 PM
who cares he isnt tracking it so leave him be, i say go for it mate :thumbup:

JohnnyBravo
October 30th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Impractical no, sexy yes!!!