View Full Version : Amber Vision

komohana
February 7th, 2009, 12:55 AM
aloha forum folks..

i used an amber shield on my way to work early friday morning. it was the first time i've used one like this while still dark out, and found that i could see well enuff ahead to feel comfortable, and the glare from oncoming traffic was non-existant....

maybe it's like...a known fact and i am the last to know...but anyone else use this type for dark-time riding? :smile:

Sound Wave
February 7th, 2009, 01:00 AM
i bought my wife a pair of amber driving glasses for night driving. she didn't notice any improvement. i tried them and they ended up giving me a headache and i didn't notice any benefit either.

never tried an amber motorcycle helmet shield. i think i will stick to my clear for night time.

komohana
February 7th, 2009, 01:03 AM
yeah..for years i used clear glasses and an open dark visor for night riding...just lazy to change to clear shield...

mahalo

kkim
February 7th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I used to use a yellow/orange double lens anti fog shield many years ago... even at night. I worked well and I could see very well at night with that color.

You get your helmet latch fixed, too?

komohana
February 7th, 2009, 06:51 AM
:yuck: up early for work...

Yes! got latch fixed w/replacement a couple of days ago

Sailariel
February 7th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I have to stay with clear or a very light smoke. Anything else really throws me off since I am colour blind.

ninjabrewer
February 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Just the clear that came with the helmet and I wear sunglasses if it is sunny out, :confused:, I'm too cheap to buy another visor, :rolleyes:

xTKx
February 7th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Lol! That's what I used to do also. But once I get my ninjette I plan to get a new smoke visor (if not, a new helmet altogether) for my JR Rkt101 helmet.
Posted via Mobile Device