View Full Version : Back in the saddle

BlueTyke
February 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Welll today was looking to be a warm day so I figured I would head out and see if Tyke and I could get along.

The key to riding in deceptive weather is to always be prepared. So in gearing up I put on about two sizes worth of layers. Thigh high knit stockings, knee high socks, thermal pants, running pants, thermal under shirt, long sleeved shirt and tee shirt, to be followed by boots, leather pants, and leather jacket... Nooo I have no fear of freezing to death.

Tyke was awake though quiet groggy this morning. I started her up with no problem. She started to go to high and so I eased the choke and she would shutter and dye. Well thats not good. Wake up Tyke wake up! After some conjoling I finally got her started and under control.

Some may know that this would be Tyke's first venture out since her open heart surgery and so she was very timid and I had to treat her gently. We have to give that new heart of hers a break in period like her first one. So we are going to take it easy.

This is also my Nikon's first trip out on motorcycle and while I am leary about damage I think I solved the problem rather nicely...

One Cortech Bag with the Nikon bag inside
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/BlueLilTyke/09-02-07%20Back%20in%20saddle/DSC_0030.jpg

My original plan was to go to Pretty Boy dam BUT it would take far to long via streets. I didn't want to go onto the freeways as I am supposed to be watching the RPMs and so on. Sooo change of plans. We are going to Loch Raven again.

So we tootled around there. I didn't stop because I was not the only one enjoying the realitively warm weather today. There was not a parking spot free for my little gal so we decided to keep on going.

Though everything was warm my fingers started to get really cold. I comendeared my s/o's winter gloves and they work well if a bit large. So I took us back to the storage unit where we played there taking a few pictures.

While doing that I noticed she had a good deal of salt (from the roads) on her so it was obviously time for a bath. Hehe Tyke is lucky my Civic does not get this attention. I still haven't washed my car... I have to but I haven't done it. Annnyway...

Muh dirty girl

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/BlueLilTyke/09-02-07%20Back%20in%20saddle/DSC_0039.jpg

So after some love and care she is put to rights

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/BlueLilTyke/09-02-07%20Back%20in%20saddle/DSC_0054.jpg

And with the help of a box from storage we get this one

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/BlueLilTyke/09-02-07%20Back%20in%20saddle/DSC_0045.jpg

Ending ODO (we didn't go very far today at all)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/BlueLilTyke/09-02-07%20Back%20in%20saddle/DSC_0034.jpg

KnoxNinja
February 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Tyke is the nicest shade of blue. Good shots. Nice to see some other bikes getting out of hibernation.

BlueTyke
February 7th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks Jimi! Having the Nikon helps I think... I wanted to get some shots while we were out but there was no stopping at all the good spots because there were so many people! It's alright though. This was practice anyway.

ninjabrewer
February 7th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Glad to see the weather has warmed enough to get out and ride, and Tyke will heal up nicely, just give'er time.

NB

komohana
February 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
:happy:

good to see you and 'mr. T' were able to go ride-about today...

luv that blue too..
:ride:

Sailariel
February 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Sunny, Really happy for you. I really like the pre 08 Ninjettes. They seem so Nmore practical. The seat is nicer and the fairing looks much more practical. I am not so sure that the 08-09 is that much of an improvement. By the way, I ordered a Pentax 20 SLR Digital and my Pentax A lenses will fit. I have six lenses , filtres, tripod, camera bag, and other goodies. Can`t wait to try out the Macro Lens. Also have 135 1.9 lens that I love dearly. I will keep my MX Body in case I want to do 35mm. Now I have to learn digital photography and will have to get a new laptop. This one is 10 years old and is upgraded to the max. It won`t take an OS higher than WIN 98SE. It had WIN 95 up until a year ago.

BlueTyke
February 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
:happy:

good to see you and 'ms. T' were able to go ride-about today...

luv that blue too..
:ride:

Fixed! :D

Thanks! It wasn't as long as I would have liked of course but I will take what I can get!

Go Alex! I am hoping to pick up the next level zoom lense for my camera with my tax return... I should have enough. I think...

noche_caliente
February 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Sunny - glad you had a good ride today! I went to work this morning on nightshade, but the wind was gusty enough on my way home, I ended up having a panic attack - so I pulled over at a gas station and made my hubby come follow me home so I could go slow if I wanted to :( no riding for me tomorrow after today's not-so-fun ride :(

BlueTyke
February 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Aww Kim! I am sorry to hear that! Good thing you have such a supportive hubby huh!? What a guy! He gets hugs too!

I am glad you made it safely home! Wind can be a pain for our little two fiddies. There is one road in CA that is Always windy and when the group I was with went down it my bike was leaning like I was turning. I had some pucker moments thats for sure! It is an experience one way or another and I am glad you made it through in one piece.

Once spring/summer rolls in I am sure we will be laughing about this day :)

noche_caliente
February 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I think I would have been ok if it was just coming from one side, but with the gusts one minute it would be from my left, only to disappear and be from my right... couple that with the mid-week snow and a little bit of gravel still left on the road - not much, but enough to leave me extra cautious - not a fun ride home! The ride in this morning wasn't bad except for being a bit nippy...

OldGuy
February 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Now I have to learn digital photography and will have to get a new laptop. This one is 10 years old and is upgraded to the max. It won`t take an OS higher than WIN 98SE. It had WIN 95 up until a year ago.

Alex do not think twice, do not pass Vista, Windows7, or whatever else MS tries to do - GO DIRECTLY TO MacIntosh.

I've had and used PC's on a daily basis since 1978 and my first Mac was a 512 that you played disk-shuffle with to load programs. Even then it ran circles around DOS. When my PC died in September you could hear me cheer when the shop said the mother board was dead. I think the guy may have still been on the phone waiting to know what I wanted to do when I was at Best Buy getting the new iMac. Used a friends box to transfer what I wanted off the HD and off we go.

Did I say MacIntosh yet. Yes you pay more going out the door but you will never be happier.
:D

OldGuy
February 7th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Glad you had a good ride Sunny. I think I can make it to Spring if we keep getting these little breaks and catch a ride every now and then. So far I haven't even had to consider putting the Ninja on the float charger.

komohana
February 7th, 2009, 09:47 PM
" ...you and ms. t..."

i stand corrected

:bow:

:burnout:

g21-30
February 8th, 2009, 05:54 AM
:( no riding for me tomorrow after today's not-so-fun ride :(

Can't you just ride around your neighborhood? That will help you regain your confidence. :thumbup:

conchwanab
February 8th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Nice to hear that more bikes are starting to come out of winter storage!!Getting closer here in Ohio,but still too much salt on the roads and chance for more snow.I did put the battery on the charger for the last time and riding season is on it's way.Driving in the cage is getting old !!!

BlueTyke
February 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Oooh My! Kim I think you are sharing your wind up here with me!

It is sweeping through the area. I would not want to be riding now so I am glad I got out yesterday.

g21-30
February 8th, 2009, 01:51 PM
The wind was pretty strong today (Sunday). I turned around to go home once, but decided to try a ride with the wind at my back or face. Ended up riding for a little over an hour! :)

BlueTyke
February 8th, 2009, 02:12 PM
:p