View Full Version : HID headlight issue

darkknight49
February 7th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Hi guys, I just installed some HID lights and they are fantastic. I can see everything. I even had someone sit in a car and i checked for glare and no issues at long range.

Here is the issue tho. Standing a couple feet in front and to either side of the bike, there is a huge amount of light that is reflected out and up from the bike. My parents have a detached garage and a very dark driveway leading to it. When I am in the driveway with the lights on, the entire side of the house is illuminated a few feet in front of the bike. So a driver coming towards me will no be blinded until they pass by me. At a distance >5 ft, the beam pattern is fine.

Dunno how to go about fixing it tho. Thinking maybe some headlight tint to minimize those areas, perhaps recessing the bulb back a bit with some washers. All else fails, maybe some high temp paint....(god, that might look really bad).:confused:

kkim
February 8th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Can you take a picture of the light pattern splatter? Is the bulb seated firmly in the headlight base?

darkknight49
February 8th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Can you take a picture of the light pattern splatter? Is the bulb seated firmly in the headlight base?

I'll try to take a pic in the morn and check the seating. i was curious to see if anyone else had this issue.

kkim
February 8th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I don't.

grandmaster
February 8th, 2009, 03:08 AM
I don't have that issue....but I have another one.