View Full Version : AreaP vs. Yoshi dyno chart

Broom
February 9th, 2009, 10:02 AM
we dyno'd our bike this weekend and our tuner overlayed my bike's stock results with my bike's full yosh results, AND another bikes full area P results with the same jetting (not sure what that is).

as you can see, the AreaP pipe barely edges out the yoshi, but he says that my bike still needs to be leaned out a little and that should put us dead even. we wanted to leave it a little rich since the first race of the year is traditionally pretty cold (been in the 30-40º range) which will lean out your fuel mixture.

final HP readings were after some calculating by my tuner:
Stock: 28.1 hp
Yoshi: 30.6 hp

dotted lines are torque.
solid lines are HP.
not sure what the dashed lines are.... maybe those are torque and i don't know what the dotted lines are??

red is stock.
blue is Yoshi.
green is Area P.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3402/3267137884_e623a27c5d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3262312474_1d9c109a0d.jpg

kkim
February 9th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks, Broom. That confirms what I've always thought... that no matter which exhaust (and I consider AP and Yoshi the better of all the options out there) one chooses for our bikes, the end result with jetting is in the area of 30HP. It all ends up a matter of preference.

Did he mention which model of AP they tested? Also, is the Yoshi a full exhaust? (I'm assuming it is)? Last question... why is it the AP readings stop at 12K?

Broom
February 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
i'm not sure why the areap stops at 12k.

I'm also not sure what areaP pipe he used. it says "Area P No Limits" on the chart. doubt that helps. the yosh is a full system.

Alex
February 9th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Broom -

From the chart it looks like the stock machine didn't touch 25 hp, but you mentioned your tuner calculated it at 28.1; is there a correction factor that he's taking into account on that chart?

Broom
February 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM
yeah, the 28.1 is a corrected number. not sure how that all works.

stroked59
February 9th, 2009, 12:15 PM
i guess i need to have my jt kit installed and taken to Advanced to see what they can do with it..... gp full system...... :D.... i thinkit will be close to what people have been posting

HKr1
February 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
dotted lines are torque.
solid lines are HP.
not sure what the dashed lines are.... maybe those are torque and i don't know what the dotted lines are??

red is stock.
blue is Yoshi.
green is Area P.

Side of the graph says: BHP, FtLbs, CO%. Usually the mix has its own graph on the bottom. Maybe thats what it is thou:confused20:

Broom
February 9th, 2009, 04:50 PM
yeah, i just realized this afternoon thats the reading out of the exhaust. i think its an indicator as to what your fuel mixture is doing. our tuner said the goal is to keep it as close to 5 as possible.

aloh
February 9th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Has anyone heard both the area P 12" and Yoshi system? Any idea which one is louder?

I like the AreaP because its quite a bit cheaper than the yoshi full system.

Sound Wave
February 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM
too bad the other bike didn't have a stock dyno run as well. as we all know, all bikes are not equal. he could have started out stock with more or less power than yours.

but at least your graph gives a pretty good basic idea. i think the yoshi looks better, but the ap sounds better (based only on video clips i have watched).

dpinside
February 15th, 2009, 07:33 AM
They are the two best exhausts out there currently. I have the Area-P Short full exhaust system on my bike and my buddy has the Yoshi full exhaust, I can tell you right now, Area-P short exhaust sounds ALOT better than the Yoshi, like it has balls, but thats just my opinion. Sitting idle at a stop light, it sounds so damn good, and then you take off, even better.

NJD022588
February 15th, 2009, 01:07 PM
They are the two best exhausts out there currently. I have the Area-P Short full exhaust system on my bike and my buddy has the Yoshi full exhaust, I can tell you right now, Area-P short exhaust sounds ALOT better than the Yoshi, like it has balls, but thats just my opinion. Sitting idle at a stop light, it sounds so damn good, and then you take off, even better.

How about in a volume comparison?

noche_caliente
February 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Jack! Welcome to the forum - where in VA are you?
Do you think it would be possible for you to get a sound clip of the two bikes side-by-side as a comparison for us? That would be awesome!

ninjabrewer
February 15th, 2009, 01:26 PM
All the mods that everybody has done to their bikes, how did it effect the gas milage of your bike.

nb

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
it goes down, but you end up looking like this... :D

CRXTrek
February 15th, 2009, 01:31 PM
With the dynojet and full Area P ...my mpg dropped an avg of 2 mpg.

BUT I'm probably riding it harder now that it has a little more get up and go.

ninjabrewer
February 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM
With the dynojet and full Area P ...my mpg dropped an avg of 2 mpg.

BUT I'm probably riding it harder now that it has a little more get up and go.

I was thinking it might drop more, 2 is not bad.

nb

Viper-Byte
February 15th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I was surprised at how much the milage has gone down by adding the exhaust (and another washer to the needles) But Kelly has got it right, you have an ear to ear smile like this: :D

Blue Ninja 250R
February 17th, 2009, 12:56 AM

So...Which is faster and what are the top speeds?:thumbup:

grandmaster
February 17th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I was thinking it might drop more, 2 is not bad.

nb

Ha ha 2 mpg isn't bad at all. I guess I look at the bright side of it. I can drive my jeep and get 10mpg if I am lucky. Or I can ride my Ninja and anything over 10 is saving me money....Even if I do get 11 mpg on the ninja, which i think is impossible.

miks
February 20th, 2009, 09:13 PM
:)

punisher83
February 23rd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Do the 2 extra horses really make the bike feel and act faster? I'd like to get a new exhaust, but don't know if i want to spend money on a full or a slip on. If the difference is that slight is the extra money worth it? Just trying to get input from your experience. Thanks!!

Shift250R
February 24th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Jack! Welcome to the forum - where in VA are you?
Do you think it would be possible for you to get a sound clip of the two bikes side-by-side as a comparison for us? That would be awesome!

That would be awesome! I can't decide between the two. There are two many good and not so good videos of both.

Broom
February 25th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Do the 2 extra horses really make the bike feel and act faster? I'd like to get a new exhaust, but don't know if i want to spend money on a full or a slip on. If the difference is that slight is the extra money worth it? Just trying to get input from your experience. Thanks!!

i didn't get much time on the bike before we switched, but acceleration feels way smoother and better now. i think it feels a little faster. 10% gain in power is pretty good... even if it only equals 2 or 3 hp.