View Full Version : Hello all

Beast
February 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I've actually been registered for quite some time, although I haven't posted yet :) I was referred here by Kelly as well (I mean, who wasn't!?! haha).

Most of you have seen my bike, so no need to share more pics :thumbup: HOWEVER, I have been sucked into the track riding world and therefore have modified my bike to suit those needs.

Goodbye BT45's, hello BT090s :D

Also, I removed the A-Tech carbon fiber hugger because it was really impractical and was a PAIN to remove and install. I told Kurosaki earlier that although it looks nice, adjusting your chain or doing any chain maintenance is next to impossible because the shroud covers the adjustment spacer (and most of the chain).

I'm probably going to sell it or send it to someone to make a mould of it for reproduction. I'm done with it ;)

Future plans include that OHLINS rear shock, woodcraft clips, safety wiring and some race plastics.

Anyway, here's to happy posting!

- Chris

Alex
February 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
:welcome: Beast! Glad to have you aboard...

Beast
February 9th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks!! Glad to be here. Broom's Las Escobas bike is gorgeous. I hope to put my own twist on my track bike progress as opportunities arise.

BlueTyke
February 9th, 2009, 02:05 PM
welcome to the boards!

kkim
February 9th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Aloha and welcome, Chris! :)

Good to see you posting! Bitten by the track bug, eh? Have you seen Richard's new 250 online store? Seems like he carries a lot of what you might be looking for in the future.

mahalo
:)

HKr1
February 9th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome! :)

If gotta get bit by a bug, it's nice to be a track day bug :thumbup:

KJohnson21
February 9th, 2009, 02:26 PM
:welcome:

Viper-Byte
February 9th, 2009, 02:54 PM
:welcome: to the forums :D

Beast
February 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Have you seen Richard's new 250 online store? Seems like he carries a lot of what you might be looking for in the future.

THANKS :rolleyes: You're supposed to help me resist temptation. $159 for those clip ons is an awesome price.

And thanks for the welcome's everyone.

kkim
February 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM
lol... if I've given in to temptation, I'm taking everyone else down with me. :D

sell the hugger... I'm sure there will be a lot of interested parties and you'll have more than enough money for the clipons. :)

noche_caliente
February 9th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Chris! Great to have you posting here now :D Are you still making decals too?

OldGuy
February 9th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Welcome Chris - glad to have you on the forum. I look forward to your reports of progress and how you fair in resisting temptation. My unofficial analysis is that we all suck at that - but boy do we have fun:D

TnNinjaGirl
February 9th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I love the color of your bike!!! I'd have to say it's my favorite scheme I've seen on these bikes.

ninjablk08
February 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
welcome chris super bike you have

komohana
February 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
welcome to the forum chris...nice to meet ya

:burnout:

ninjabrewer
February 9th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the group

nb

zartan
February 9th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Hi Chris! Glad to see you here!
Have you posted picts of your fab tab ulous bike yet?? I can understand the rear hugger being a pain especially if you track ride also.
I am sure you can sell it if you decide.

I will be soon contacting you about some more decals :) Hopefully you will still do them :D
a little inverse action when I get my new Arai.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/zartan1/vector_black_frost_290x290copy.jpg

xTKx
February 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the board Chris! I've got to ask: what kind of jacket are you wearing?! It looks really nice!

Beast
February 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
This is what I call a welcome! :D

I look forward to your reports of progress and how you fair in resisting temptation. My unofficial analysis is that we all suck at that - but boy do we have fun

AMEN to that :thumbup:

I will be soon contacting you about some more decals Hopefully you will still do them
No Problem :) Just let me know when you need something

I've got to ask: what kind of jacket are you wearing?! It looks really nice!

Thanks! It's a Dainese Del Mar Jacket :) Fairly expensive however, around $850. It has a lot of "technologies" that actually really help the comfort level.

http://www.2wheel.com.tw/pics/20080627-2502723.jpg

3D Bubble Liner < ----- that thing makes the jacket! :P
New D Skin leather is softer yet much more abrasion resistant
Titanium co-injected shoulder
Neck 5 neck Support
Punched fabric air vents with fastening system.
Pocket for WAVE G1 or G2 back protector.
Removable composite protectors.
Cowhide.
Aerodynamic hump spoiler
Inserts in elasticated fabric.
Jacket-trousers fastening system.
Adjustment strap on neck.
Adjustable side fastener.
zipper air vents
Reflective inserts.
Sanityzed temperature control "bubble" lining.

xTKx
February 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
HOLY MOSES!!! :jaw: I like that jacket, but $850?! Woooo! I'll stick to newenough.com right now! :p I appreciate you letting me know though Chris! :D

TnNinjaGirl
February 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Those are some of the ugliest male models I have ever seen.

sjsharks33
February 10th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I love your bike chris!!! i've seen it all over the web lol...If you want to sell your hugger, i'll gladly take it off your hands :D

Beast
February 10th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Those are some of the ugliest male models I have ever seen.
Agreed! Maybe it's their expressions.

If you want to sell your hugger, i'll gladly take it off your hands
You and CRXtek, although CRX beat you to it. I'm still debating...ho hum. Haha.

watcanido
February 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hey Beast is it you that makes the "250R" decals? can I ask where do you get them?

kkim
February 10th, 2009, 10:33 PM
he cuts them himself.

TrueFaith
February 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard Beast! Now that you're finally here I guess they can shut down that other forum...

Beast
February 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Welcome aboard Beast! Now that you're finally here I guess they can shut down that other forum...

:bump2: Hahaha. Good to see you too!

ManyCavies
February 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
welcome :D