View Full Version : Waiting for warm weather

tlhamon
February 11th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Hi,
Just joined (I was hijacked from the Kawi site). I've only been riding for 2 years (despite my age, I had to wait until I could afford to buy a house with a garage). I have owned a pair of Buells (which I loved) and a Harley (which I hated) and decided to go with the Ninja because I just didn't need a huge bike (average speed in Detroit is 45 mph everywhere). The big 1000cc engines were just overkill. I have bought my bike and am just waiting for the weather to break so I can get it out. I've already bought a bunch of toys to put on it. Hope to get some good advice here.
Tom

Alex
February 11th, 2009, 05:51 AM
:welcome:

OldGuy
February 11th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Welcome Tom - the one disadvantage of the Midwest is Winter. Oh well. Now before anybody else gives you a hard time (especially guys with green bikes) you need to post up some pictures of the ride and tell us about the mods you have planed.

If you don't do that in a timely manner they will do all sorts of vile things like adding signs like this

:worthlesswithoutpic:

I just don't want you to have to undergo that kind of pressure so soon. :D

xTKx
February 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the board Tom! Weather's absolutely perfect for riding today here in central TX (sorry to rub it in :D), but you've actually got a bike to ride :thumbup: , I'm still waiting for mine! Good to have ya here.

camaroz1985
February 11th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Welcome Tom.

I don't think you will be disappointed in your purchase, but its time to man up and get out there and ride :D

BlueTyke
February 11th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the boards!

kkim
February 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Aloha and welcome, Tom.

Hijacked??? hmmmm.... :suspicious:

mahalo for agreeing to become one of the crazies here.
:)

komohana
February 11th, 2009, 11:31 AM
welcome to ninjette.org's message boards!

:burnout:

tlhamon
February 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Well, no pics yet. The bike is so new it's still in storage at the dealer. The first warm stretch in March and I will get it. Then I'll put up some pics. As for being a man, well, I can take a lot of pain, but I cannot take the cold. I sleep curled up at the foot of the refridgerator to keep warm.

camaroz1985
February 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Just giving you a hard time. But at least let us know what color you got so we can all start arguing over which color is best (although anyone who says something other than green is wrong :D)

GTsmokeya
February 11th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Welcome Tom,
I agree with the warm weather I live in chicago and I too am waiting for march :)

GTsmokeya

tlhamon
February 11th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I know you were kidding. I learned long ago not to take things personally on these forums. It is RED. A couple of years ago I was given the nickname "Red Scare" because I have developed a fascination with communism (that we were so afraid of it, but that there was no way it could ever succeed) over the years. I am going to strip the logos and put a yellow hammer and sickle and the CCCP on it. It will be a red menace.

kkim
February 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I am going to strip the logos and put a yellow hammer and sickle and the CCCP on it. It will be a red menace.
lol... please post pics of that when you do it. :D

xTKx
February 11th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Well, no pics yet. The bike is so new it's still in storage at the dealer. The first warm stretch in March and I will get it. Then I'll put up some pics. As for being a man, well, I can take a lot of pain, but I cannot take the cold. I sleep curled up at the foot of the refridgerator to keep warm.

Welcome Tom,
I agree with the warm weather I live in chicago and I too am waiting for march :)

GTsmokeya

Ya'll should move down to Texas :thumbup:

Viper-Byte
February 11th, 2009, 12:47 PM
:welcome: to the forums :D

noche_caliente
February 11th, 2009, 07:04 PM
welcome!

ninjabrewer
February 11th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I know you were kidding. I learned long ago not to take things personally on these forums. It is RED. A couple of years ago I was given the nickname "Red Scare" because I have developed a fascination with communism (that we were so afraid of it, but that there was no way it could ever succeed) over the years. I am going to strip the logos and put a yellow hammer and sickle and the CCCP on it. It will be a red menace.

:rotflmao:

:welcome: to the forums. That idea is hilarious, but, as kkim said, you have to post pics of that. I wish I had thought of that, but it wouldn't seem right with a blue bike, which is the sexist by the way.:rolleyes:

nb

Strider
February 11th, 2009, 07:19 PM
:welcome: to the forum !

Sailariel
February 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Tom, Welcome to the forum. I don`t think I would put a hammer and sicle on my bike. I HAVE lived under communism and fled to the US. Trust me, It is no picnic. It may be cute after all these years, but the reality is that Stalin made Hitler look like a choir boy.

tlhamon
February 11th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not glamorizing communism. My interest in it is that it was such a horrible mistake, yet for 70 years, people were terrified it would take over the world. I have actually found that many people have no idea what it even means anymore. It's already been nearly 20 years since the Soviet Union broke up. And I know, Hitler took many pages from Stalin's cookbook.
Hey, isn't this a Ninja forum? :P

Sound Wave
February 12th, 2009, 09:41 AM
ooo, flat rock michigan! that is where my mustang was built! :D i wanted to go there to take a tour of the assembly plant, but i heard they don't give full tours. plus a co-worker from there said that if i did go, there really isn't anything else there for me to see.

anyways, welcome to the forum.

tlhamon
February 12th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah, it's not as glamorous as you would hope. The special area where they are building the Shelby's is a bit more luxurious though. I'll tell you what, you come here to the cold and snow, and I'll go there to the sun and warmth.

conchwanab
February 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Greetings from the frozen world of Ohio!!!Glad to have ya on the forum,lot of great people in here!!

KJohnson21
February 17th, 2009, 11:48 AM
:welcome:

ManyCavies
February 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM
welcome :D

jpnfrk
February 20th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Welcome!! :high5: