View Full Version : HJC Helmet Light - LED

g21-30
February 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
New Enough has it reduced:

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/helmets/hjc/windlight_led_helmet_light.html

http://www.newenough.com/image/path/5348/Default.jpg

Sailariel
February 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Sam, That is way cool! Will get two silver ones--one for the MC helmet and one for my bicycle helmet.

HKr1
February 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Wind powered.
8 red LED lights provide added visibility.

What the hell, wind powered driving lights on your helmet?

Oh, they go on the back LOL

Viper-Byte
February 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Damn, that is actually cool! And cheap.

I might buy me one for My Shark helmet.

g21-30
February 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Definitely will light you up from the rear!

g21-30
February 11th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Sam, That is way cool! Will get two silver ones--one for the MC helmet and one for my bicycle helmet.

Active at speeds as low 25 MPH. You're gonna be peddling your butt off! Good way to lose weight! :)

BlueTyke
February 11th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Wow that is pretty cool!

Viper-Byte
February 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Hmm, I don't think this is going to be effective for the likes of Kelly and I as we have the fastest green bikes and go so fast people won't even see the lights! :D

g21-30
February 11th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Hmm, I don't think this is going to be effective for the likes of Kelly and I as we have the fastest green bikes and go so fast people won't even see the lights! :D

Viper, that's OK, those of us with BLACK bikes will wait for you. We can pull over, so we can see you pass by with your LEDs! :eek: :D

Viper-Byte
February 11th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Viper, that's OK, those of us with BLACK bikes will wait for you. We can pull over, so we can see you pass by with your LEDs! :eek: :D Sigh, I think you mis-read me... us GREENIES will be going so fast that you will not even see the lights full stop, unless we are stationary letting you catch up. :D :p

Strider
February 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Anything that helps with visibility is good with me :) Just ordered mine!

ninjabrewer
February 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Viper, that's OK, those of us with BLACK bikes will wait for you. We can pull over, so we can see you pass by with your LEDs! :eek: :D

You may be waiting for us blue bikes for awhile, we will be "talking the ladies", unless you are "talking to the guys" :rolleyes:

nb

Nemy
February 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I'd definitely wanna see what you guys end up thinking of the product. I can't test it out, because the $25 shipping to my door would kill the deal instantly.

camaroz1985
February 12th, 2009, 07:41 AM
It's been on closeout for a while. I guess not many people are willing to try it out. I'm still thinking about it. I'll be interested to hear what some of you think.

g21-30
February 22nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Anything that helps with visibility is good with me :) Just ordered mine!

Anything to report on this? :)

jpnfrk
February 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
Sam, is the windlight very curved or do you think it could be installed elsewhere on the bike?

g21-30
February 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Nani, I don't know the answer to your question, as I don't have one of the lights!

Maybe Strider can give us a report! :)

camaroz1985
March 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Well I was placing an order for some new pants so I decided to add one to my order. I will let you guys know what its like when I get it.

aloh
March 5th, 2009, 01:56 PM
neat idea...but it looks pretty goofy

g21-30
March 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Well I was placing an order for some new pants so I decided to add one to my order. I will let you guys know what its like when I get it.

Bet those will be sharp looking pants with the led light mounted on them. Do you think you will be able to run over 25 mph? :D

camaroz1985
March 5th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Well there is this bridge close by. I was thinking if I jump into the water that maybe I'll be going fast enough by the time I hit the water for someone to see the light and tell me what it looks like.

I'm going to do some calculations first. I am an engineer after all and that is what we do :D

jpnfrk
March 6th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Ryan, if you really light up on your way to the water please have someone take pics... I'm sure they'd be priceless!! :lol:

Rynownd
March 12th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Just got mine last night. Mounted it up in 2 minutes. Just by lightly blowing through the turbine, the lights blink. Fitment is PRETTY good. Can't really say much else about it...

g21-30
March 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Just got mine last night. Mounted it up in 2 minutes. Just by lightly blowing through the turbine, the lights blink. Fitment is PRETTY good. Can't really say much else about it...

Can you put your helmet on and run around the house at night? Maybe someone can take a picture of you, while you are running! :D

zeroth
March 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I like the idea of the extra visibility, but I don't know how much more visible I'd be with those during the day. If they're not bright enough, maybe it would be nice to have an "off" switch to turn them off during the day.

And for those of you who are concerned about riding at over 25mph (maybe you're breaking in your bike and don't want to take it out of 1st gear :noidea: ), you can always duct tape a little battery operated fan in front of it. :hat:

http://i9.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/86/a8/5fe7_1.JPG

I'd join in to the color-bashing fray by saying something about silver being the fastest, but my bike has been going 0mph up on its center stand for the past 3 months, so I'll stay mum. :Cry:

Rynownd
March 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Can you put your helmet on and run around the house at night? Maybe someone can take a picture of you, while you are running! :D

hahaha Im not sure I could run fast enough... it's been so windy around here lately I could just go outside!

If I ever get pics of this, which I doubt, I'll post 'em up.

Boom King
March 7th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Sorry to dig up an old thread but anyone else have experience using this light on their helmet? Does it add any significant weight and create any increased wind noise? I wonder if the adhesive would be safe to use on a polycarbonate helmet and if the light would affect your helmet's ability to absorb impact.