View Full Version : My Tax Return at Work

BlueTyke
February 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I am going to California!!! WHOOT! :bounce: :becky: :cheer2: :dance:

:flypig: :happy100:

(and all other forms of happiness)

I haven't been home in over a year... By time I go it will have been almost 2 years!!

I will be home, San Jose/Saratoga area from 6/25/09 - 7/7/09. (Alex and any others on SBR please do not let it slip there just yet. My arrival might not be on someone's birthday but it is close enough to be a surprise.)

So I am bound to hooked in to going for a few rides, not that I mind... So my question is... How does one pack a helmet? :D

Alex
February 13th, 2009, 10:05 AM
So my question is... How does one pack a helmet? :D

Carry-on. :thumbup:

OldGuy
February 13th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Carry-on. :thumbup:

Wear it and if any one asks tell them you heard there was going to be turbulence :D

BTW - great news Sunny.

kkim
February 13th, 2009, 11:47 AM
... yes, wear it and tell them, "Well, it is a crash helmet." :eek:

BlueTyke
February 13th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I am already making mental plans and so far I have way to much stuff I wanna take with me... And a lot of it I would feel more comfortable if it was carryon... Like my computer, Nikon, helmet..... :eek: I don't think the Nikon will fit nicely in the computer bag... I must... Look into this.... :D

ninjabrewer
February 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
.. So my question is... How does one pack a helmet? :D

are you flying US Airways?:rolleyes:

BlueTyke
February 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Continental there and Delta returning

ninjabrewer
February 13th, 2009, 02:51 PM
watch out for birds....
But don't worry, flying commercial airlines is safe.......

BlueTyke
February 13th, 2009, 02:54 PM
LOL thanks for the heads up.

Sailariel
February 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Sunny, I am SO happy for you. It has been a difficult winter for you and MD is not San Jose by a longshot. My super daughter lives in San Jose and drives a bright red Mini S Convertible. I miss her a lot. Will definitely visit her this summer.

BlueTyke
February 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Did your daugther ever take her Mini to Allison (aka Mountain View) BMW for fixin??

TnNinjaGirl
February 14th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Put your camera in your helmet. I do it all the time when I take my camera places. Just a thought...

Enjoy your trip!! Make sure and post tons of pics to show us what a good time you had. :)

Sailariel
February 14th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Did your daugther ever take her Mini to Allison (aka Mountain View) BMW for fixin??

I`ll have to ask her. She bought it new two years ago. Loves the car. Have a great time in CA. Starting today, I`ll be watching The Tour of California on TV. I hope that Lance Armstrong does well. He has been a great inspiration for me.

OldGuy
February 14th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Starting today, I`ll be watching The Tour of California on TV. I hope that Lance Armstrong does well. He has been a great inspiration for me.

Alex I'm going to wager a bet that you have a LIVESTRONG band on one of your wrist. I bought one when they first came out and have had one on 7x24 since then. Gave some to friends and after a couple of months one asked "How long am I supposed to wear this?" to which I replied something to the effect that those with cancer have a lifetime reminder. Little did I know I would join the ranks like many others.

I would love to see Lance win one more.

OK enough of this thread Hi-Jacking. Sounds like a lot of us have family in the San Jose area.

Sailariel
February 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Don, That was a safe bet. 24/7 since Oct 2004. I`m going into my fifth year in remission. Doc says that if I make it five years there is a 2% chance of relapse. I`d like to think that there is a 98% chance of being done with it. The LAF has been a great support with information and their 24hr chat line when I felt down. Even if Lance does not win the Tour of California or the TDF, what he has done for cancer survivors and cancer research worldwide,eclipses anything he has done on a bike. I suspect his legacy will be all the stuff for cancer. Have you read his book "It`s Not About The Bike"? An incredibly powerful book. He will be racing in his own Yellow and Black LiveStrong jersies. Gives us someone to cheer on. Tour starts today.

OldGuy
February 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Alex - I have read it. It was a great read. I too used LAF and will continue to support them. We will be waiting to celebrate in October with you.

What Channel is the race on?

BlueTyke
February 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Put your camera in your helmet. I do it all the time when I take my camera places. Just a thought...

Enjoy your trip!! Make sure and post tons of pics to show us what a good time you had. :)

:eek: just the tought of that scares me!!

My Cybershot maybe but that I can stick pretty much anywhere its the Nikon that I would be afraid to do that too..

It is alright though as I have come up with the perfect solution. A backpack carrying pack for laptop and camera. Which will do double duty as my new riding pack...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/S2_Rp/Other/3380-open-rust-M.jpg

According to the website this pack also fits nicely under the seat of an airplane. In the compartment above the camera I can put my Zumo and my 'entertainment' (ipod, Nintendo DS, a book...maybe two.. :D )