View Full Version : Ninjette.org Membership??

kkim
February 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
If ninjette were to offer a paid membership in addition the the present free one, who you pay for one? The money obviously would be used to help defray whatever costs it takes to run this site.

Say for the membership Alex offered more PM space, more picture gallery space.. etc., would you be interested??

if so, what amount do you feel would be reasonable?

CRXTrek
February 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I thought that was why i'm skipping a week of cheeseburgers.:):o;)

kazam58
February 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
no, sorry...I'm cheap...:(

Alex
February 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I certainly don't mind a poll like this, but all I'd say is that there is nothing on the horizon that would make this necessary for the foreseeable future. I like free things, and required paid access for forums that used to be free, even if it just means different levels of access or support, well, I'm not a fan.

If we got to the point where server capacity and bandwidth constraints were really affecting the usefulness of the board, and there just wasn't enough coming in from ads or other sources (point of reference, ninjette.org made $7.58 total from the ads for January 2009), then maybe this discussion would become more timely. But we're not there, I don't think we're anywhere near there, and it's quite feasible we'll never get there.

Right now there isn't anyone on the board who is using more than a fraction of their allocated space for PM's, albums, or anything else. If you do find yourself bumping up against a limit and want it raised, PM me, and I can likely fix it for you right away. The limits aren't infinite of course, but they can be much higher than people might expect.

I didn't launch the site with the intention of ever making it a profit center for me or anybody else, I just wanted a place where fellow ninjette owners could gather online and enjoy themselves. If it becomes self-supporting at some point, even better, but it's not a particularly important goal for me.

OldGuy
February 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks Alex - I think you know if it ever gets to a point that we need to kick in to keep the site up that we'd do it without hesitation. What you have given us is too good to every die for lack of financial support.

NJD022588
February 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Is this for a mandatory paid membership, or optional?

I think if it's optional, go for it. I would hate to lose some members if they do not have the money to pay, even if it is only a couple dollars.

kkim
February 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM
it's a moot point now. Alex has just said he won't be taking money for site membership anytime in the near future.

My poll was for optional paid membership w/ free membership still being offered.

ninjabrewer
February 15th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks Alex - I think you know if it ever gets to a point that we need to kick in to keep the site up that we'd do it without hesitation. What you have given us is too good to every die for lack of financial support.

:whathesaid:

I wouldn't have a problem paying if I had to, but as someone already said, I'm cheap. BUT, OG hit on the head, if it came down to it, and I was able, I would be happy to pitch in.:thumbup:

nb

BlueTyke
February 16th, 2009, 08:21 AM
You can do what BARF does and have contributing members, they donate. :D I would be happy to donate too!