View Full Version : temporary license plate question

bikermunda
February 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Hi so today i finally did the targa fender eliminator kit but now i have not got my california plates and i am looking for someone plate to put it on till i get my plates

does anyone has any suggestions since the plate bracket without a plate looks very bad

Sound Wave
February 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
...now i have not got my california plates and i am looking for someone plate to put it on till i get my plates...

does anyone has any suggestions since the plate bracket without a plate looks very bad

don't you have to run your paper temporary plate until the real one comes in? i don't know how it is in california.

i guess if you wanted to run something else until your plate came in, you could laser print the kawasaki or ninja logo, laminate it, and put that in your frame. idk. just a thought.

bikermunda
February 14th, 2009, 11:22 PM
don't you have to run your paper temporary plate until the real one comes in? i don't know how it is in california.

i guess if you wanted to run something else until your plate came in, you could laser print the kawasaki or ninja logo, laminate it, and put that in your frame. idk. just a thought.

No we don't get the temp plates for the bikes but i was trying to look for some license plates like you can buy from gifts stores

kkim
February 14th, 2009, 11:32 PM
how do the police tell if the bike is registered and properly licensed or not w/o some sort plate, temp or permanent?

Sound Wave
February 14th, 2009, 11:50 PM
hey vik... it must only be like 2-3 weeks for your plate to come in, right? i would just save my money and ride with no plate, or make some ghetto plate like i was talking about. if done right, it should look pretty decent.

VeX
February 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
You'll be fine. Just put the dealerships plastic plates in for now. It took like 6 weeks to get my plates and I didn't get pulled over once. Make sure you have your registration on hand though in case you do though ;)

CRXTrek
February 14th, 2009, 11:56 PM
how do the police tell if the bike is registered and properly licensed or not w/o some sort plate, temp or permanent?

I don't know how they would. I had a temp license that i had to carry in my wallet for a week.

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 12:15 AM
we have temp cardboard/paper plates that are issued with the date on them so the cops know. The permanent plates usually show up within 30 days in the mail.

CRXTrek
February 15th, 2009, 12:20 AM
So ...That is your " Before" picture ;)

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 12:21 AM
what gave it away, the date in the time stamp? :lol:

CRXTrek
February 15th, 2009, 12:24 AM
No...The wheelie bar :D

00v_Lucky
February 15th, 2009, 02:25 AM
It is okay, i think I win on the wait for the license plate coming in. I bought my beauty on September first, been waiting ever since. Damn stealership has the worst customer service. I called in 2 times every week. Finally they settled everything with the DMV and hopefully get it this week!

jpnfrk
February 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM
It is okay, i think I win on the wait for the license plate coming in. I bought my beauty on September first, been waiting ever since. Damn stealership has the worst customer service. I called in 2 times every week. Finally they settled everything with the DMV and hopefully get it this week!

Stealership? Don't know if that was a typo but it sounds hilarious!! :lol:

Good luck 00v_Lucky!!

bikermunda
February 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM

we get a temp registration paper to put it in our pocket :)

kkim
February 15th, 2009, 01:44 PM
so they would need to stop you to find out if the unplated bike you are riding is illegal or not? It would seem a lot less hassle for everyone to issue dealer temp plates like they do here.

bikermunda
February 16th, 2009, 01:57 AM
well that will make a lot of sense :) but again sense is not that comon either

noche_caliente
February 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Vik - i think you should just print out one of the ninjette.org logos from the contest thread and stick that on there :)

00v_Lucky
February 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
WHOOO~ my license FINALLY came in! i love the red tape. 6 months wait for a damn license plate.

Snake
February 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Glad it finaly came in.

HKr1
February 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
so they would need to stop you to find out if the unplated bike you are riding is illegal or not? It would seem a lot less hassle for everyone to issue dealer temp plates like they do here.

When I lived in San Diego we got those temp paper plates. Guess they stopped to save a tree :)

bikermunda
February 19th, 2009, 12:10 AM
When I lived in San Diego we got those temp paper plates. Guess they stopped to save a tree :)

same thing is happening with me also

bikermunda
February 19th, 2009, 12:12 AM
does anyone know if i can find a metal plate same size of a license plate that i can get in the mean time

xTKx
February 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Vik - i think you should just print out one of the ninjette.org logos from the contest thread and stick that on there :)

agreed! :thumbup: